I don't know how to go for her

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2023 07:59 am
Hello all.
I live in a hall of residence (single room) but my bathroom/kitchen is shared between me and this Japanese woman, which I'm really attracted to and have a crush on. She came here only in the last 2 weeks, before that the other room was empty. I'm 23 and she's 30, but I honestly don't mind the age gap at all. We speak sometimes when we're passing or we're going to school together, but it's all surface level stuff. I find her incredibly cute and nice. She is shy but I'm a little shy as well. I'm not hideous looking, but I'm not super handsome either. I know this sounds weird but she just left a mark on me and I can't seem to get her out of my mind. I really want to go out on a date with her, but I don't know if she would be okay with that given the age difference and even worse, I have no idea how to approach it without coming off weird. So I'm stuck here feeling like a loser, and I'm not sure what to do! I keep thinking of her.

Any advice or honest opinions? I'm all open ears
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 5 • Views: 1,088 • Replies: 2
No top replies

jcboy

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2023 08:15 am
@duedwlenmf,
I don't believe seven years is a big age gap. Why not ask her out for coffee?
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2023 03:01 pm
@duedwlenmf,
The next time you'll see her in your shared kitchen, ask her if she would give you some pointers in Japanese cooking. Tell her that you're very much interested in Japanese food. You can go from there and see how attentive she is and play it by ear. If she's giving you a Japanese cookbook to look up recipes, she's not interested. If she's willing to teach you, she may be interested.

Either way you won't lose face if it's everything but romantic. Remember, you still share kitchen/bathroom with her, it's best to not make it awkward.
0 Replies