REWARD: $5 billionUSD

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2005 04:50 pm
Capturing OBL, at this point, would probably only inflame the Islamic movement.
But if the US really really wanted his head...don't you think that $5 billion, merely one day's spending running this war, would bring him in?

$10 billion?

Would any Islamic jihadists sell their proverbial souls for this kind of coin...and if so, would the US ever up the current $25 million to bring this dude in.
I'm serious about this.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 649 • Replies: 11
No top replies

Instigate

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2005 05:08 pm
Most of the "common folk" of the middle east cannot comprehend how much money 25 million US dollars is, let alone 5 billion. I saw a program where a U.S. soldier tried to explain how many Rupees 25 million dollars equals; it was clear that the Afghani feller could not grasp it.
0 Replies

Instigate

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2005 05:12 pm
And for the Jihadists, its a religious thing. 5 billion or Martyrdom and Paradise forever after.
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2005 05:13 pm
Instigate wrote:
And for the Jihadists, its a religious thing. 5 billion or Martyrdom and Paradise forever after.

Happy to be agnostic in these times.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2005 07:50 am
People in general don't understand numbers this size. Not a slam on people, just a statement that huge numbers completely escape our brain's ability to comprehend them. $25 million is enough to live very comfortably forever. Why offer more?
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2005 08:12 am
I think rewards have been offered before to no avail. The people who could hand him over or divulge his location are not likely to be interested in money -- or they wouldn't be living in caves.

But in general, I do think capturing him would help symbolically. Especially if we could manage a trial and prison rather than instand martyrdom.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2005 08:33 am
Would you give up George Bush for capture and probable execution for $5 billion?

I don't think it takes a fanatic (religious or otherwise) to refuse blood money.
0 Replies

pngirouard

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2005 09:00 am
Some would give up freely given what one can read on somethreads.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2005 09:07 am
ebrown_p wrote:
Would you give up George Bush for capture and probable execution for $5 billion?

I don't think it takes a fanatic (religious or otherwise) to refuse blood money.

How about 5 dollars?

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2005 09:11 am
My point is that most of the people around Osama think of Osama the way that Brandon and Rayban think of Bush...

... for that matter, many people in that part of the world think of Bush the way that rayban thinks of Osama.

I am pretty sure I wouldn't accept blood money (even $5 billion) for Bush (and I hate Bush as much as anybody). I don't think this makes me a fanatic.

I am just pointing out that not everyone in the world is American.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2005 09:24 am
All this presupposes, of course, that OBL is still alive, something of which I see no evidence.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2005 09:27 am
If we are using Bush administration rules of evidence, then he is to be considered alive until he tells us he's dead.
0 Replies