Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2023 09:57 pm
I have been with my husband since my son was 8months old. His bio dad has expressed many times he doesn't wish to be in my childs life. Does anyone know or can point me in the right direction for a step parent to adopt a child?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 132 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2023 04:24 am
Speak to a lawyer.

Offering legal advice is against tos.

Even if it wasn't your question is very vague, different countries and states have different laws and regulations, what may be good avice in Denmark could be really bad advice in Texas.
0 Replies
Reply Wed 25 Jan, 2023 08:19 am
Obviously through a lawyer! The bio dad has to give his consent, which doesn't sound like a problem. You make application for you and your husband to both adopt. At least, that's what happened in my case. But izzy's right - it depends on your country or state's laws. Consult a lawyer.
0 Replies

Related Topics

Giving up hope - Question by ksmom80
CUSTODY - Question by Hanneley
reliquisment - Question by lisa74
biological father comes back - Question by infodrive
Custody Question - Question by christianwos
Ex snuck into house and took pics - Question by MagMan98
Getting physical custody of child? - Question by Xkgzkhfpu
  1. Forums
  2. » Step parent adoption
Copyright © 2023 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 01/31/2023 at 12:53:28