Large infection on both lower legs won’t heal

Dp444

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2023 05:08 pm
Both of my lower legs from my knees down have had a large infection spread down to my ankles. If started somehow I think from itching my shins really bad because I have a lot of fluid retention in my lower legs. The E.R. Room gave me some pills to take for two weeks to help extract the fluid retention and they did help a little bit but the retention has returned and the infections are just getting worse. I keep my lower legs wrapped with bandages and wrapped with an ace bandage to keep them as clean as I can but they just won’t heal. It’s been months now and I don’t know what to do. It’s so embarrassing. And it is super painful and feels like my lower legs are on fire. You can feel how much heat the infection has when you place your hand near my lower legs. I use hyrdorgen peroxide on them as much as I can but I need more help. They it’s terribly also. To the point where once I start itching my ankle i can’t stop until they are bleeding. The infections are raised above my normal skin level too. If I try to pick off the infected spots they just come back covered again with more infected puss. And the bandages get super soaked too. To where they can’t hold anymore moisture. Does anyone know what this could be? Please help
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 349 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Mame

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2023 05:13 pm
@Dp444,
Didn't you ask them in the ER what it was?
Dp444

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2023 05:56 pm
@Mame,
I sat at the E.R. from 6:00 a.m - 6:00 p.m and after them taking my blood the dr. that evaluated me outside in the parking lot because there were no available rooms said it’s a skin infection from having a lot of fluid retention. He wanted to look at my legs but being outside I front of the Entrance to the emergency room with several people around watching the dr talk to me taking off my pants and unwrapping my bandages was such an embarrassing feeling I barley unwrapped my bandages, he saw mostly how bad it was but he just said to follow up with a primary dr and I don’t even have a primary dr because until I. Was 26 I was covered by my parents insurance and until now being 35 I haven’t had to go to the hospital or need to see a dr because I’m not the kind of person that ever gets sick or injured bad enough to where I need to see a dr. so I’m back at square one. Going to file for medical now. I was covered by my previous employer through the ironworkers union but since this happened I have been out of work for so long I’m not covered by my old company anymore.
Mame

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2023 06:23 pm
@Dp444,
Well, I'd suggest you get to one pronto! Did he give you anything at all - ointment, antiseptic, antibiotics, penicillin? If you can't afford a doctor, maybe you could ask a pharmacist for some ointment, at least.

The main thing is that we are not allowed (even if we could) to give out any kind of professional advice so we can't help you. I hope you get some answers soon!
0 Replies