The Ballad of Twitter and that Billionaire Bumpkin, Elon Musk

thack45

Reply Wed 17 May, 2023 11:58 am
https://www.cnbc.com/2023/05/16/elon-musk-work-from-home-morally-wrong-when-some-have-to-show-up.html

dipshit Musk wrote:
“I think that the whole notion of work from home is a bit like the fake Marie Antoinette quote, ’Let them eat cake,”″ Musk said. “It’s not just a productivity thing,” Musk said. “I think it’s morally wrong.”

Musk referred to tech workers as the “laptop classes living in la-la-land,” telling Faber it was hypocritical to work from home while expecting service workers to continue to show up in person.

Hmm.. a billionaire who thinks that some shouldn't have it so much better than the downtrodden masses... Musk is fond of posting the word "interesting" in his ragemongering tweets linking neocon propaganda. But this take is actually interesting.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 17 May, 2023 01:59 pm
@thack45,
**** Elon Musk's musings.

Personally I like coming into the office everyday. That's just me. I don't feel unfairly taken advantage of by a computer truck driver tapping away naked in his living room with Oprah on the tube. If he's producing his output in a satisfactory way, good for him.
thack45

Reply Wed 17 May, 2023 02:41 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
I have a theory that tyrannical bosses are having a difficult time being tyrannical when the office is empty. These people didn't just go away or change who they are once many went to remote work. And they can't really get that visceral feel of their own sense of greatness by leveraging their power and treating someone like trash via email or zoom.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 17 May, 2023 02:59 pm
@thack45,
Your mistake is attributing human behavioral science to their mind games. It's all about bragging rights in a pissing contest, to see who can be as oblivious to the people who actually do the work that they get bonused on.

They just want to make day to day even more depressing.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 22 May, 2023 05:32 pm

‘Verified’ Twitter accounts share fake image of ‘explosion’ near Pentagon, causing confusion
(cnn)

https://iili.io/HgUigOQ.webp
bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 22 May, 2023 07:19 pm
@thack45,
The prime imperative of any organism/organization is to survive. The way chiefs survive is to gather indians. In some organizations only visible indians count. If there's no indian in the office to manage, but the work is being performed to a good level and only requires remote managing, than maybe chiefs start getting cut. Fewer offices need fewer chiefs.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 22 May, 2023 07:20 pm
@Region Philbis,
And I displayed an acceptable level of mockrage over it.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 22 May, 2023 08:42 pm
@thack45,
You could well be right.
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Thu 25 May, 2023 04:10 am
Under Elon Musk, Twitter has approved 83% of censorship requests by authoritarian governments
bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 25 May, 2023 06:07 am
@hightor,
But of course. Elon Musk would like to be a dictator and wear one of those nifty dictator suits.
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Sat 17 Jun, 2023 03:41 am
Twitter has suspended the accounts of a prominent Tesla and Elon Musk critic, PlainSite founder Aaron Greenspan

Quote:
Twitter suspended the accounts of PlainSite and its founder Aaron Greenspan, a prolific Teslaand Elon Musk critic, Tuesday afternoon.

PlainSite is an online database that makes state and federal court filings and other public records available to users for free. The site also offers analytics features to paying subscribers, meant to help lawyers and pro-se litigants gain insights about attorneys, judges, government offices and the law.

Greenspan has meticulously tracked litigation by or against companies mostly in the U.S., including Tesla, Twitter — which Musk took private in an acquisition last year — as well as competitors GM, Meta and a myriad of others. He and Musk have also been involved in litigation over the years.

At the time PlainSite's account was suspended, it boasted more than 24,000 listed followers on Twitter. Greenspan's personal account had about 2,500 followers.

The suspension stands at odds with public statements from Twitter's executive chairman and CTO Elon Musk, and newly appointed CEO Linda Yaccarino. Yaccarino was previously global advertising chief at NBCUniversal, the parent company of CNBC.

In April 2022, after Musk announced his intention to acquire Twitter, he wrote in a tweet, "I hope that even my worst critics remain on Twitter, because that is what free speech means."

More recently, Yaccarino wrote in a company-wide memo that a healthy civilization needs an "unfiltered exchange of information and open dialogue about the things that matter most to us." She also said in the memo, "You should have the freedom to speak your mind. We all should."

Greenspan told CNBC on Thursday that he has not yet received information from Twitter saying why the company suspended his accounts, though he has requested a reinstatement of both.

He also discussed some of the reasons why he started the "legal transparency initiative" PlainSite, and how he came to be regarded as an Elon Musk nemesis.

"I created PlainSite with two friends in 2011, because we were all wondering why Occupy Wall Street didn't have the impact we expected," he reminisced. "No financial execs went to jail for the 2008 financial crisis though it really was obvious there had been criminal wrongdoing somewhere. One reason, we thought, was that people didn't understand what the law said and what are the loopholes banks or execs were able to exploit to get out of being held accountable."

Over the years, Greenspan has shorted stock in some of the companies he has researched and written about on PlainSite, disclosing those positions when he held them. He is not short Tesla today, but he has been in the past, he said.

Why PlainSite began looking into Tesla

PlainSite began its focused research on Tesla in 2018 after the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission charged Musk and Tesla with civil securities fraud.

The charges came after Musk tweeted he was considering taking Tesla private at $420 per share and had funding secured to do so, causing a halt in trading that day and sending Tesla stock into a period of volatility for weeks.

Musk and Tesla settled the charges with the regulators, without admission of guilt or the ability to claim innocence.

Greenspan said, "I was not interested in Tesla until the SEC took action against the company and Elon that year. That got me thinking that it may be over-valued, given the fact it was running into trouble with financial regulators."

A community on Twitter, including short sellers and other subject matter experts interested in what Tesla was doing, became frequent PlainSite users and subscribers.

Court filings and public records rendered easily searchable by PlainSite often revealed details about Tesla's troubles and tactics. PlainSite records obtained through FOIA requests have been widely cited by press including CNBC, Reuters, The New York Times, The Washington Post, Los Angeles Times and many others.

Since 2018, Greenspan has made court filings and other public records available on PlainSite that revealed:

• Twitter is facing more than 25 lawsuits over nonpayment to vendors since Elon Musk took over in October 2022.

• Even as Musk continuously promised shareholders Tesla was on the brink of delivering a "level 4-5" self-driving robotaxi, the company's Autopilot engineers categorized its most advanced driver assistance systems as "level 2" in official government communications with the California DMV. A level 2 system is not self-driving. It requires drivers to keep their hands on the wheel.

• Complaints sent to attorneys general in Texas, Nevada and Ohio, showing Tesla customers there were not able to get the electric vehicle maker to provide required documentation to register their vehicles with local DMVs.

• Musk once attempted to refer a former process technician at Tesla's Gigafactory, whistleblower Martin Tripp, to the U.S. Attorney's office for the District of Nevada for criminal prosecution (p. 192).

• Musk knew but did not tell shareholders that SolarCity was facing a liquidity crisis at the time the Tesla board was pushing for an acquisition of the solar installer, which was started by Musk's first cousins and where Musk was a major investor and board member.

In May 2020, Greenspan sued a Tesla promoter alleging harassment, and named Musk as a party contributing to that harassment in the lawsuit.

In February 2023, Musk sued Greenspan for publishing correspondence between the two of them on Twitter and PlainSite. The emails are still available on PlainSite.

Twitter did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

cnbc
Region Philbis

Reply Tue 20 Jun, 2023 05:49 am

https://iili.io/HPf7cU7.jpg
bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 20 Jun, 2023 05:53 am
@Region Philbis,
Sound advice and I don't know a lot about IT and software. He had a good team around him until he got cheap and all right-wingy.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Tue 20 Jun, 2023 06:18 am
@hightor,
The fastest way to get banned on Twitter these days is not to call for racial violence or engage in anti-Semitic hate speech, it is to criticize Musk.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 3 Jul, 2023 07:22 am
https://i.imgur.com/ASa7MNL.jpeg
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Mon 3 Jul, 2023 04:57 pm
I'm loving how Tweeps currently refer to Musk as 'Space Karen'.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 3 Jul, 2023 05:16 pm
@hingehead,
Space Karen Musk has such a wonderful vibe about it.
Region Philbis

Reply Sun 30 Jul, 2023 10:57 am
@bobsal u1553115,

Borowitz: Musk Changes Own Name to WTF
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2023 11:15 am
@Region Philbis,
Twitter's 'X' sign is taken down in San Francisco after neighbors filed 24 complaints
https://imgur.com/jouCVAQ.jpg
engineer

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2023 11:56 am
@tsarstepan,
I really don't get all of this. While Musk is a questionable businessman, he's not an idiot and he is not advised by idiots. That X took some money and time to acquire so you figure somone would have done due diligence on the construction permit.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/23/2024 at 04:05:32