What has Bush done for women?

Baldimo

Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2005 11:20 pm
Re: Bush brought this on himself
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
If all of you who are criticizing Mrs. Sheehan would stop and think for a moment. Bush brought this escalating problem on himself. If he had taken a few minutes to invite her in for a cup of coffee and a chat following her first request, she would have gone home. All of this could have been avoided. The groups gathering around her to promote their own agenda in addition to her petition would not be there.

Bush, by avoiding any contact with Sheehan when she first made her request, made her a cause celeb in the anti-war movement. If he had been smart this could have been avoided. His imperious behavior caused his problem, not Sheehan.

BBB

He met with her already. What more does she want? It can't be helped that she didn't say then what she wants to say now. You don't get a second shot at meeting the President. It's a stunt and that all it is. Once again I feel bad for her loss but she has taken this "grieving" to far.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2005 05:20 am
BBB---

Bush DID meet with her already. It is ridiculous to think he should do it again.

Especially since she spoke about the first visit in glowing terms--and then after a bunch of Bush haters gave her a little attention, she began to lie about her visit.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2005 08:44 am
Picture of Cindy Sheehan with Bush when they met:

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/images2/bushkissing.jpg

"Enlarged image of President Bush, center, kissing Cindy Sheehan among family members in 2004. Left to right: Janey, Carly, Patrick, President Bush, Cindy and Andy at Ft. Lewis in Washington State."

SOURCE

That picture has been removed from the Sheehan family photo website, but the cached image remains.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2005 07:34 am
Certainly got quiet up in here.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2005 08:34 am
Lash
Lash wrote:

Lash, your predictable response is not worthy of follow up discussion.

BBB
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2005 09:03 am
Are you done with this discussion Baldimo?
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2005 03:27 pm
Re: Lash
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
Lash wrote:

Lash, your predictable response is not worthy of follow up discussion.

BBB

Your predictable dodge when the truth exposes your ignorance on the subject is worthy of a laugh, though.

HA!

Come on. Admit you were wrong. Doesn't hurt too bad.
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2005 03:36 pm
Lash wrote:
BBB---

Bush DID meet with her already. It is ridiculous to think he should do it again.

Especially since she spoke about the first visit in glowing terms--and then after a bunch of Bush haters gave her a little attention, she began to lie about her visit.

Yeah, I'm not sure why that was even her bargaining tool.
I don't know if any president would have engaged in a second meeting, simply for the nasty precedent it would have set. If he meets her now, then anyone else just needs to camp out side his house and they'll be brought in for iced tea and fried chicken.

As much as I support her anti-war position, and find her protest digestable, I can't say I disagree with Bush for not meeting with her.
Especially now.

He'd probably pee his pants not getting a phonetic script to sound out.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2005 03:44 pm
candidone1 wrote:

Only if you are admitting defeat. :wink:
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2005 04:44 pm
Baldimo wrote:
candidone1 wrote:

Only if you are admitting defeat. :wink:

No one needs to roll over B.
Just looking to have some of the questions i had asked, and assertions i made against yours addressed.
But I won't ask...Tico will call me a troll for asking for a question be be asked--after all, he's the troll police.
...but don't sweat if man...I'm gonna be gone from the board for about 3 weeks. Spend your time elsewhere because it'll probably come to a screeching halt when I go.
I'm just pokin yer ribs.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2005 06:17 am
Yes, it gets all boring when your not busily stirring the turd. Hurry back.
0 Replies