Bernie's OK so don't worry, but.......

Swimpy

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2005 06:54 pm
Hang in there, Bernie and Lola. Good things are coming.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2005 08:59 pm
Tomorrow will be better.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2005 09:00 pm
mac11 wrote:
ehBeth, are you telepathic or what? I very nearly wrote in that last post that I was hoping to see B&L in October!

(I have the vacation days, it's the $$ that I'm still contemplating. But hey, the sooner I buy a plane ticket, the cheaper it'll be...)

Mac,

Very good....... B&L. We hope to see you in October too. We'll have some fun.

Bernie's coming home tomorrow. He's just fine and ready to go. He was up walking around this afternoon when I arrived. I brought his clothes........he arrived at the hospital in the nude. Isn't that just like the man? But he'll need some clothes to come home.

Hopefully I'll eventually get over this insipid, giddy feeling. I feel like a complete sap. But I am euphoric, I just can't help it.

Frank.......are you out there? I hope I didn't hurt your feelings. I was worked up the other day. If I did, I'm sorry.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2005 09:01 pm
Noddy,

I got your very nice note. Thanks.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2005 09:08 pm
Lola--

Thank you for your hospitality and your grace under pressure.

Euphoria is quite understandable.

Hold your dominion.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2005 05:26 am
Good to hear that Bernie will be home for the weekend.

May I suggest something bright and brilliant for his trip home wardrobe? Something memorable.

I'd rather you remember the trip home than the trip there, Lola.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2005 05:33 am
Well today's the day. Good times. Glad all has gone well and a happy ending.

For both of you

((((((((((((((((((((((BEAR HUG)))))))))))))))))))))))
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2005 05:53 am
Lola wrote:
Hopefully I'll eventually get over this insipid, giddy feeling. I feel like a complete sap. But I am euphoric, I just can't help it.

Hey, you are entitled to feel that way. It doesn't happen every day that someone you love is snatched from the jaws of death. Enjoy the sappiness! Very Happy
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2005 05:59 am
I assume that a regimen of diet and increasing exercise will be in his future. Well have him climbing Mt Athabasca and doin the Chilcoot in no time.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2005 06:01 am
Insipid? Qvatch!
You enjoy, girl!
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2005 06:07 am
I think we can get up to the Big Apple at Christmastime, Lole, so tell Bern to stay alive at least until then.

<tip o' the chapeau to the Stented One>
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2005 06:21 am
Since it will be at least next year when I'm coming, it could be a couple of days more - since I'm no fan of visiting celebrities on tourist-overcrowded cementaries.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2005 06:22 am
BIG DAY!

I'm anxiously awaiting news that he is indeed home.

Sending love yur way!
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2005 06:37 am
Lola,

Thanks for the news. I hope Blatham recovers his health. I am sure you will make a big difference.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2005 06:53 am
Beth........I bought the man a complete new wardrobe for his heart attack gift. When he finally gets to wear some of those clothes, he'll resemble Eddie Bauer himself. And I paid retail. Thanks for the advice. We'll have lots of good memories in this apartment to make up for the scary ones.

And Bernie appears to be agreeably on board with the new diet/no smoking thing. We'll soon see.

Thanks to everyone for your encouraging words. Next thing ya know the skies will not be cloudy all day. Although they are a little cloudy today. Too bad he couldn't have come home yesterday because it was a beautiful day. Perfect temperature, sunny and breezy. But maybe the clouds will go away soon.

Bernie says he doesn't care what the weather is, he can't wait to get out of that hospital.

He's being discharged at 1 pm.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2005 06:54 am
PDiddie wrote:
I think we can get up to the Big Apple at Christmastime, Lole, so tell Bern to stay alive at least until then.

<tip o' the chapeau to the Stented One>

PD.....this is good news. We'll have some fun.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2005 06:56 am
Walter Hinteler wrote:
Since it will be at least next year when I'm coming, it could be a couple of days more - since I'm no fan of visiting celebrities on tourist-overcrowded cementaries.

Walter,

Stop delaying you naughty boy! Git yourself over here right now. Life's short.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2005 06:57 am
Exercise is good for the heart and sexual activity is just another form of exercise. So contrary to some men's fears regular sexual activity actually a protects against death, especially death resulting from heart attack.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2005 07:21 am
Lola wrote:
He's being discharged at 1 pm.

That's wonderful news, and I can't wait to get into another disagreement with him. Thank you so much, Lola -- you've done an enviable job preserving an irreplaceable opponent for me.

-- Your loyal fan (both of you) Thomas
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2005 07:22 am
Lola wrote:
And I paid retail.

For that you could be drummed out of the corps! Laughing Shocked
0 Replies