sozobe

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2005 07:40 am
Yay!
0 Replies

husker

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2005 07:53 am
Awesome!!!

Oh I think:
Everyday is a gift to not be taken for granted.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2005 08:48 am
dyslexia wrote:
Exercise is good for the heart and sexual activity is just another form of exercise. So contrary to some men's fears regular sexual activity actually a protects against death, especially death resulting from heart attack.

I agree Dys........it will protect against death if it doesn't bring it on. But Bernie's excellent physical strength has been in his favor. He exercises regularly.

And yes, Thomas........where would we be without Bernie the opponent? Farmerman, I'm sure he'll be climbing a mountain soon. Laughing
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2005 08:49 am
husker wrote:
Awesome!!!

Oh I think:
Everyday is a gift to not be taken for granted.

How are you Husker? I haven't made it to a thread on a2k other than this one for weeks now.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2005 09:06 am
dyslexia wrote:
Exercise is good for the heart and sexual activity is just another form of exercise. So contrary to some men's fears regular sexual activity actually a protects against death, especially death resulting from heart attack.

Here's a tip from an old cardiac rehab worker - it is sex WITH A NEW PARTNER that can tend to be dangerous for people who have heart worries.

So - Bernie and Lola oughta be fine.....as long as he can climb a coupla flights of stairs....

(I can see him looking for 'em as we speak...)

SO hope we hear from Bernie his very own self soon - great as Lola has been at somehow finding time and energy to give us news.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2005 09:18 am
dlowan wrote:
So - Bernie and Lola oughta be fine.....as long as he can climb a coupla flights of stairs....

I'm not sure I'd prefer them to Dys's kind of workout, but Bernie and Lola have superb stair-climbing facilities. I've tried them out! (Well, actually I'm just too dense to know an elevator button when I see one. Different story ....)
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2005 09:21 am
12:30 Dress rehearsal.

1:00 Triumphant parade.

The way back from the River Styx is supposed to be a little gloomy--the drizzle adds to the instructive atmosphere.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2005 09:42 am
Thomas wrote:
dlowan wrote:

I'm not sure I'd prefer them to Dys's kind of workout, but Bernie and Lola have superb stair-climbing facilities. I've tried them out! (Well, actually I'm just too dense to know an elevator button when I see one. Different story ....)

Ha ha, Thomas. For everyone who doesn't know.....Thomas climbed all 19 flights of stairs to our apartment when he met us for our beach excursion. And he did it in less than five minutes! He's in good shape. Girls, pay attention to this fact.

Deb,

Sex with a new partner I think still applies with us.......we're not that new or at least the newness hasn't worn off yet. I'm afraid we set the attack going, but it was imminent anyway and what better time than 5 am when there's no traffic? So we'll just consider ourselves lucky.

The doctor said the other day, "something happened to cause the artery to occlude......." and Bernie and I smiled. We knew what it was. Laughing

Gloomy it is indeed, Noddy. But it's supposed to clear up around 2 pm just in time for Bernie to arrive home. Gloomy as a reminder, sunny as a predictor of the future.

Ok, good friends. I'm off to get the guy and bring him home in his new clothes.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2005 09:45 am
Right on :-D
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2005 10:28 am
Lola
Waiting for Bernie to come home.

tick tock, tick tock, tick tock

BBB Smile
0 Replies

husker

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2005 02:19 pm
Lola
doing well, I must start exercising soon if my leg allows, I go back to the doctor on Wednesday and yes there are still lifestyle changes in order for me.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2005 02:20 pm
Lola
ps - I'm looking for your cell and when I find it I'll be calling Smile I'm mr 23 email addy's and 5000 emails later LOL
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2005 02:25 pm
Step away from the black lounger, Bernie, step away.

Tomorrow is another day! Very Happy
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2005 02:36 pm
Oh, lucky me! I found my red straw flower hat with the big brim AND my mini skirt. I'll just sit here on the steps waiting for Lola and Blatham to arrive.

(I think this outfit aught to warn him against any other woman besides Lola for a very long time.)
0 Replies

husker

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2005 03:38 pm
Squinney - I want to see!!!!! Wink
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2005 04:41 pm
Quote:
"On some days you wonder what it all means. And on some days you find out. It's like suddenly seeing a huge black pig in your headlights when you're running 80 miles an hour on ice. Boom. Total clarity. No more gray area."

That's Hunter S Thompson. His pig was bigger than mine.

The whole fukking experience would have been considerably more interesting if I hadn't already seen it on TV and a thousand times... sequence of ceilings and light fixtures going past, concerned faces poking in from right or left, ambulance siren, more ceilings and faces, losing that important grip, dying, the bekoning soft white light, the choir of green spikey-haired lesbian angels, then getting yanked back up from the cool and comfy bottom like hapless goddamn sucker fish whose age and height and weight is apparently of utmost importance to Jewish doctors and Filipino nurses. Any shitheel of a screenplay writer could have improved upon that string of cliches.

But it did hurt. That part was new and exciting.

I'll come back later to talk.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2005 04:43 pm
Welcome to your home away from home. You've been missed.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2005 04:54 pm
and all the while Johnny Depp explodes in myth and reality the ashes of the good Doctor Thompson (at the tune of 2 1/2 mill) about the same cost as Bernie's visit with the spikey-haired lesbian angels. As the good book says "you haul your ashes baby, I'll haul mine"
0 Replies

husker

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2005 04:54 pm
WOW - glad to see you here in good form!!
0 Replies