Bernie's OK so don't worry, but.......

sozobe

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 07:42 pm
"Them"? Is that a skirt or, like, culottes? Or multiple skirts?

(very fetching.)
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 07:44 pm
I thought they were sorta rumba skirt underpants.

They are interesting - were they in the closet in April?
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 07:44 pm
It's like a cute twist on "The Thinker".
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 08:01 pm
they are ruffled culottes.........my daughter's pajamas, actually. But Bernie loved them so much he wouldn't give them back.

He's planning a shopping trip for pink ballet slippers to match.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 08:03 pm
actually, the photo isn't posed. He was just sitting there talking as if he were properly dressed.

Cute, isn't he?
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 08:12 pm
Lola wrote:
Cute, isn't he?

Darling.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 08:16 pm
Personally I don't care about Bernie's outifts, or whatever level of play is shared.

I like him, period, in or out of theater.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 09:12 pm
Lola wrote:
Here's proof he's doing well..........it's Bernie up to his old tricks..........

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0SwCXAvcVlSujrwfye1s73ZzGLzESWqaB0YFEOZdiF00NpX!yEW!7w5RmQpqAd7sJFBTKQsBaVvOcjjoleZHp2Nlaua2ob!8aQ3K0pqpt8s!bkRsRELomCw/CIMG1559.JPG

talking to his daughter (whose just back from Alaska Hell) and my daughter on the balcony. He wanted to dance and sing, but we wouldn't let him.

You can't keep Aussie blokes out of frocks, either.
0 Replies

goodfielder

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 11:41 pm
How I missed this is beyond me. Glad to hear Bernie is doing well. It's a scary situation and when it happens to you there is a sort of disconnection with reality. Anyway he will probably be better than new :wink:

Frocks? Frocks? Deb - only in Sydney Very Happy
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2005 03:12 am
Well, that is a cry for help if I ever saw one. My diagnosis? Bernie is spending waaaaay too much time with women. I think it is my duty to move in and help de-program the poor guy, so that he can live a healthy and productive life as a man once again.

The only question left to answer is: How much should I charge for this service?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2005 03:20 am
goodfielder wrote:
How I missed this is beyond me. Glad to hear Bernie is doing well. It's a scary situation and when it happens to you there is a sort of disconnection with reality. Anyway he will probably be better than new :wink:

Frocks? Frocks? Deb - only in Sydney Very Happy

Nope.

EVERYWHERE.

My non-gay male friends end up in frocks whenever they can.

Like - every year, if they could, when we did our annual big end of year play in one of my major social groups.

AND - men have weird lips.

They don't have proper edges - so it's harder to get lippy on them properly.

Believe me - I know these things.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2005 04:04 am
"Blind man breakin' out of a trance
Puts both his hands in the pockets of chance
Hopin' to find one circumstance
Of dignity"

These slacks are from a line of manly clothing I'm designing for the US Army Marine Corps. Working on the important aspect of 'branding' now. Proposed labels:

DoA...advantage of ambiguity and relevance, either 'don't ask, don't tell' or, obviously, the other thing that happens to soldiers who trust politicians

DickDignity...matches the recruiting claims of the two things poor kids will get from joining the army
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2005 04:55 am
Yo Bernie...

...hope things went well at the Pan, Friday....if you folks did get there. Thursday was exceptional...although Joe dominated the conversation with his wild stories about sex, mayhem, and debauchery.

Kicky and I have decided that next week...we're gonna start some good conversations with the crowd. We've been keeping to ourselves way too much...and it is unfair to the great looking women dying to interact with us.

I'll give you a call next week...and if you can make it...we'd love to see yez.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2005 05:09 am
frank

Lola and I took our two daughters and my ex-wife there last evening for dinner. Given that the weather seems likely to be suitable, next thursday sounds fine at this point.

As regards my health, etc...truly, I am fine. Modern cardiac techniques for my sort of problem are amazingly unintrusive and quick. I would be in far worse trouble had I been in a medium-serious traffic accident. It isn't the first time I've been close to biting the big one (rafting and mountain climbing) so it wasn't even much of a shocker in that respect (which is not to say that the body betrayal thing, even if expected sooner or later, isn't a big piss-off anyway).

I love you all for your caring and concerns and your sophisticated fashion-sense - but I'm fine.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2005 07:43 am
Englishman stands in the black heat wind
Combin' his hair back,his future looks thin
Bites the bullet and he looks within
For Dignity.

What a song eh Bernie?You should have put it all up.I once saw him sing that from 10 feet.It was murderous.That Unplugged thing is tame.Toned down.He was playing at home in that.

Don't let the bastards get you down.(Micheal Mates MP).
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2005 07:51 am
Bernie-

I was thinking about you and it struck me that Philip Larkin's Letters might be a book you would enjoy passing the time with now that you're not as active as you were.He might be a bit right wing for your taste but a dash of spice now and again never does much harm.You can take it all with a pinch of salt anyway because he never got his hands anywhere near the levers.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2005 08:23 am
spendie

Yeah, it sure is one hell of a song. Coming in at one from a mere ten feet would likely make for 'murderous' calibre, no question.

I'll look for Larkin's Letters. First bumped into the fellow courtesy of the New Yorker years ago. Liked his grouchy humour immediately. Right wing is fine in poetry, as you suggest, and pathological only in public policy.

How have you been doing of late?

ps...here's a headline from the Independent which is going to cause no small amount of fun over here...
Quote:
George Galloway, the anti-war MP for Bethnal Green and Bow who rocked the US Senate earlier this year, is to be accompanied on a speaking tour of America by the actress and activist Jane Fonda.

What the hell. There's likely to be civil war in Iraq, might as well get another one going in America
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2005 08:56 am
I've been doing okay.Snatching a bob or two.

I always liked Jane.Should be good.Showbiz is King now.Panem et circenses.When the rot set in.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Sun 13 Aug, 2006 12:39 am
At the first anniversary of this thread, I just wanted to make a quick note that I'm glad you're still around to argue with.

Hang in there, Bernie!
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sun 13 Aug, 2006 02:13 am
BBB
Thanks, Thomas. I'm glad the old fart made it. I would miss Bernie's rye sense of humor. (Like in rye whisky.)

BBB
0 Replies