Is the second amendment good or bad?

Sat 27 Aug, 2022 02:09 am
Hi, could you please answer the following questions for my research.

• In what aspects are society impacted the most due to gun violence?
• To what extent do you think the passing of the Second Amendment has affected the high levels of gun violence in America?

or...

• In your opinion, what are the main benefits of the Second Amendment in society?
• What is the most common misconception regarding the Second Amendment?

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 3,170 • Replies: 15
Topic Closed
No top replies

jespah

Sat 27 Aug, 2022 06:44 am
The main benefit of the Second Amendment is that it gets a bunch of people who don't understand the law or founder intent at all to read less than 50 words of the Constitution.

Its problems are numerous. If I have to pick just one, I will go with the fact that it's poorly written, particularly in contrast to the rest of the Constitution before or since. This opens it to misinterpretation at best and, at worst, manipulation of those fair weather Constitutional scholars I mentioned above.

PS you don't need separate topics for every single question.
0 Replies

bulmabriefs144

Sat 27 Aug, 2022 07:38 am
@Renae123,
The people who want the 2nd Amendment gone are a group of control freaks, as in literally they want to take over the country and don't want any opposition.

They use fake crises (real deaths, fake events) to shame and scare people into giving up their weapons. This is because if the FBI suddenly demanded people surrender their weapons, they would balk. But if they are told guns are bad, they typically offer ni resistance.

The second amendment says this, and I'll stop at the relevant part...

Quote:
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State,

A militia is not an army. They are not talking about an army to defend the country from outside threats. They are talking about the people being able to defend themselves against their own government. And against domestic terrorists. And against rapists and murdrrers.

Quote:
the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

The people. Not the military. Not the army. The people.

The Bill of Rights was written after the British government, the former ruler of America, tried to disarm people in America in order to rule them.
0 Replies

hightor

Sat 27 Aug, 2022 08:27 am
@Renae123,
Quote:
• To what extent do you think the passing of the Second Amendment has affected the high levels of gun violence in America?

Simply compare the amount of gun violence in the USA with countries of similar economic stature and limits on gun ownership.

jespah

Sun 28 Aug, 2022 06:14 am
@Renae123,
@Renae123

If you were actually reading the responses, you would know not to make new topics.

But I will repeat myself anyway.

Stop making new topics. Put everything in either this or the other topic and don't make new ones.

They will be pulled by the moderating staff. Thank you.
0 Replies

bulmabriefs144

Sun 28 Aug, 2022 06:33 am
@hightor,
Actually, as conservatives point out, if you remove from the equation heavily populated places like Chicago, Seattle, and New York (where btw, guns are mostlt banned) you find that America is relatively peaceful.

In most of the rest of the country, people are neither for or against guns. They carry them for protection, but never think about them unless there is an emergency.

It is only a few places like Texas that are actually pro-gun.

But there are nutter organizations like Weather Underground that actually want the public disarmed so they can take over.

Guns act as a deterrent. If a violent thug goes to a school or bar to try to shoot people up, and twelve people point their guns at them, they are going to drop their gun or be shot.
Meanwhile, corrupt state officials will try to disarm those twelve people so that instead 50 people in the bar get shot.
0 Replies

NealNealNeal

Thu 1 Sep, 2022 07:06 pm
@hightor,
hightor wrote:

Quote:

Simply compare the amount of gun violence in the USA with countries of similar economic stature and limits on gun ownership.

The United States protects these so called "countries of similar economic stature".
Mame

Fri 2 Sep, 2022 08:47 am
@NealNealNeal,
What has that got to do with the gun violence in your country?
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Fri 2 Sep, 2022 10:19 am
@NealNealNeal,
bookmark
0 Replies

snood

Mon 26 Sep, 2022 06:32 pm
@NealNealNeal,
I just want to ask you one thing. Why do you think the United States has so much more mass killing by guns than any other developed country?
Other countries have people with mental health challenges.
Other countries have violent movies and video games.
Other countries have drug addiction and alcoholism and family dysfunction and political upheaval…

But only the United States has these regular shootings in schools and churches and grocery stores and streets and just about anywhere…

Why do you think that is?
0 Replies

Foggy Notion

Mon 26 Sep, 2022 07:44 pm
A very phishing question, and yes, the very un-elected spook agencies are in here not just watching, but posing questions like that. In fact a very coveted position for the enemy would be any and all high up seats of management in patriotic groups, or any alphabet soup in DC. No Bircher would want to disarm US Citizens. Only enemy spies want to disarm US citizens.
snood

Mon 26 Sep, 2022 08:06 pm
@Foggy Notion,
Yes, I suppose all of that is possibly a true description of my motivation for my question.

Of course there’s also the distinct possibility I am simply interested to know what right wingers think is the reason why the US has far more gun violence than any other developed country.

By suggesting that my reason for asking is nefarious, you can both avoid giving a direct answer and provide an excuse for doing so.

It’s disingenuous and cowardly, but it’s kind of a creative way to never have to engage in honest dialogue. So, a big huzzah to you for creativity.

0 Replies

izzythepush

Tue 27 Sep, 2022 03:14 am
@NealNealNeal,
NealNealNeal wrote:

The United States protects these so called "countries of similar economic stature".

Tell that to the family of Harry Dunn, Giovanni Zanier, Nicola Calipari or any of the other innocent Europeans murdered by occupying US forces.
0 Replies

hightor

Tue 27 Sep, 2022 08:14 am
The Second Amendment Gives No Comfort to Insurrectionists
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Tue 27 Sep, 2022 08:31 am
@Foggy Notion,
Foggy Notion wrote:

A very phishing question

So? You're an undereducated idiot? You're not in the same solar system with that accusation.
Quote:
phishing
/ (ˈfɪʃɪŋ) /

Definition of phishing
noun
the practice of using fraudulent e-mails and copies of legitimate websites to extract financial data from computer users for purposes of identity theft

Source
0 Replies

snood

Tue 27 Sep, 2022 08:56 am
I thought it was a fairly straightforward question.
0 Replies