Looking for a popular old song. should be easy.

wil

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2022 10:59 pm
Ive had trouble lately searching for any older song in search engines by lyrics. Newer music seems prioritized in the results no matter how far off it is. So theres a song I can remember one line that goes something like:

"Give it time you'll, find it strange to, be alone"

Ive tried variations of the adjectives and pronouns. "Give me time" "We'll find it strange" "You'll find it hard" "to be apart". It seems like it has to be word for word exact and even then half the time I get the wrong song at the top result.

Its an older (60s-70s) rock or ballad sound. I know its a well known big song that Ive heard around plenty of times. Nothing obscure. It should be obvious if I could play the snippet I hear in my head. All that comes up when i search is random dance pop artists Ive never heard of or drake, taylor swift.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 1,160 • Replies: 4

jespah

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2022 07:52 am
@wil,
It'll help to know things like whether it's a male or female singer, band or just one person, musical genre, and fast or slow, thanks.
tsarstepan

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2022 01:25 pm
@jespah,
Do you remember the rare few times someone came here to ask about a song and their only context was spelling out the melody/humming of the notes:
(not actual example)
daa ddda daaaa dmm
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2022 01:36 pm
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:

Do you remember the rare few times someone came here to ask about a song and their only context was spelling out the melody/humming of the notes:
(not actual example)
daa ddda daaaa dmm

I did a thread once on here for the fun of spelling out the music of Jorgan Ingman's version of Apache. Nobody guessed what it was about and I don't recall fessing up.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Thu 25 Aug, 2022 01:43 pm
@wil,
wil wrote:

Ive had trouble lately searching for any older song in search engines by lyrics. Newer music seems prioritized in the results no matter how far off it is. So theres a song I can remember one line that goes something like:

"Give it time you'll, find it strange to, be alone"

Ive tried variations of the adjectives and pronouns. "Give me time" "We'll find it strange" "You'll find it hard" "to be apart". It seems like it has to be word for word exact and even then half the time I get the wrong song at the top result.

Its an older (60s-70s) rock or ballad sound. I know its a well known big song that Ive heard around plenty of times. Nothing obscure. It should be obvious if I could play the snippet I hear in my head. All that comes up when i search is random dance pop artists Ive never heard of or drake, taylor swift.

Have you tried Song stuck in your head? Just hum to search? I think Apple has its own version of a song search themselves.
0 Replies