Well Well New York Likes Hillary...

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2005 04:48 am
Laughing a bitter pill to swallow for some eh? Laughing Laughing

http://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/08/11/clinton.2008/index.html

a little excerpt from the source article....NOT taken out of any sort of context....

Recent polls show Hillary Clinton is widely popular in the state and heavily favored to win re-election in 2006.

Hace a nice day. :wink:
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,076 • Replies: 21
No top replies

Sturgis

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2005 06:16 am
And so the fun begins!

Let me help you along here in your quest for more mis-information, partial information, lack of justice and issues about life and the what not.

Back in May, Clinton held a lead at the rate of 64%to Pirro's 28%,. This has now changed to Clinton 50% and Pirro 28%. People do not know anything about Ms.Pirro but they do know about Ms.Clinton. Add to this fun that whereas Pirro has not gained any ground since May, neither has she lost any. The same can not be said about Clinton who has lost the support of some 14% of those polled. Even with an error margin of +/- 3%, she has lost supportive ground and there is still more than a year to go until the 2006 Senatorial elections.

Moving right along there is the other factor, in these same polls, only 35% of New Yorkers want Clinton to run for President. Not exactly what you can call an overwhelmingly strong support for a person who has been in their job for over 5 years already.

Compare link 1

Compare link 2
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2005 06:30 am
gosh if her numbers continue to dip they may plunge as badly as your owner and master the Crawford Cretin....
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2005 06:41 am
You know it's that negative approach that keeps George and Laura from asking you out to their ranch.

As to the other part, even if I were a resident of New York I cannot say I would vote for Pirro since I know very little about her. She seems to have been a very capable District Attorney for Westchester County; but, beyond that most still do not know her views, ideals, goals etc. When she starts speaking there may be a surprise and Clinton may have to face a real challenger for once instead of the "I have prostate cancer and can't decide" Rudy Gulianni who waited until August or September of 2000 before deciding and then leaving the mess in the hands of unknown Rick Lazio. Of course Clinton won then, but even that was not a runaway victory and she was going up against a no-name, a virtual unknown.

And of course the main point being that Hillary Rodham Clinton only garnered a 35% positive for her (possible) Presidential aspirations which again speaks volumes.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2005 06:47 am
Hard to separate how people would not want her to run for President but would find her a good Senator and approve of her enough to reelect her eh?

I'm not particularly wild about her running for president myself because of the circus of slander and bullshit the GOP is ALREADY spreading on. Clouds the important issues, which of course is a great strategy when you're f**king up the country on purpose in order to gather money and power to yourself like your boy.

As for the ranch, I hear they need a new pool boy. Get your resume together.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2005 07:01 am
blueveinedthrobber wrote:
Hard to separate how people would not want her to run for President but would find her a good Senator and approve of her enough to reelect her eh?

I'm not particularly wild about her running for president myself because of the circus of slander and bullshit the GOP is ALREADY spreading on. Clouds the important issues, which of course is a great strategy when you're f**king up the country on purpose in order to gather money and power to yourself like your boy.

As for the ranch, I hear they need a new pool boy. Get your resume together.
"Well har, har, hardy, har har"....with thanks to Ralph Kramden

Now moving right ALong once a-f...ing-again (since you seem fond of vulgarity). there is as I have told you before NOTHING, that's right NOT A THING so wrong with this country that it could not be corrected if, and only if, the Democrats stop bellyaching all the time about how they wuz robbed back in 2000 and how they are always misunderstood and how any idea which is ever presented by anyone who even was seen in the same city as a Republican is bad.

Getting to the matter of Clinton for Pres. I think the real reason that the people of New York would prefer to keep her where she is, would be that they now know, after more than a decade of seeing it, that she is a maniacal power hungry take no prisoners (as in mow-em-all down) creature. That much abuse at the top level? Too frightening.

Now, back to that pool boy position....does it come with a vacation and benefits package?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2005 07:08 am
I use vulgarity with regards to certain people and organizations to emphasize my lack of respect. It's a tool and an effective one. Surely you don't think I speak that way to my children or people who matter do you?

If the people of New York hold her in such low regard, I would think they'd just put a boot in her ass ( I bet you like that Texas tough cowboy expression) rather than contain her by keeping her as their Senator. Of course that is the sort of backasswards logic I would expect from the conservative camp.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2005 07:16 am
bm
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2005 07:17 am
blueveinedthrobber wrote:
I use vulgarity with regards to certain people and organizations to emphasize my lack of respect. It's a tool and an effective one. Surely you don't think I speak that way to my children or people who matter do you?

I get it. If you can't get your point across in any other way, use vulgarity. And you think that helps? Why not try using the intelligence I am sure you have and use language that makes you appear as though you are civil? Or would that be too difficult for you?

Just a thought.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2005 07:20 am
gRRRRRR!

I think I will now go back to your first post and just glom onto 'Have a nice day." or "Hace a nice day" as you wrote it, which may not be what you meant since I seem to recall Hace from Spanish class as meaning "it is" which I do not think you really meant. correct me if I am wrong and in any case, I shall now stop this fruitless exhibit of frustration producing since we are apparently on opposite sides of this issue.

Last thing....Enjoy your day.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2005 07:23 am
Civility is in short demand from the neo cons around here, whether combined with "vulgar" language or not. You get what you give baby, and I'm not at all speaking of you CR. Using less the genteel speech is no more non productive or unacceptable than the neo con habit of holding forth from the lofty heights of smugness.

Now, enough of that. Let's kiss and make up everyone.

And how about addressing the second paragraph of my post?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2005 07:28 am
One more post. Let me make it clear that my lack of respect is directed at VERY few individuals on A2K, even the ones I disagree with, but rather their beliefs and modus operandi.

With a few exceptions, I'd be happy to buy most anyone here a beer. I just can't have one anymore Crying or Very sad

There. Group hug. Now back to the wars :wink:
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2005 07:32 am
Ok, enough of that Blue. :wink:

Oh, and I will look for that beer when I am up in Raleigh next month. Although I would rather have something with tequila in it, I'm not much of a beer drinker. Laughing

And I agree with your second paragraph. They obviously have liked her well enough to keep her as senator. And I think they will continue to keep her as senator unless Ms. Pirro (or whatever her name is) manages to really impress New Yorkers. I even think that if Clinton does run for Prez, she will win the state of NY, but I bet it will be closer than most expect.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2005 07:59 am
Politicians are a necessary evil. I trust Miss Clinton about as far as i can spit on a hot day with a dry mouth. That being said, i'd vote for her over a neo-con any day. One is usually obliged to assess a voting situation on the basis of which candidate one considers to represent the lesser evil.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2005 08:05 am
Setanta wrote:
One is usually obliged to assess a voting situation on the basis of which candidate one considers to represent the lesser evil.

And as strange as it may seem to some, that is the essence of how I vote. I look at the overall record of all candidates and choose the one who I feel is best qualified to do the job. This does not mean people will agree with me or that I will always make the best choice, but the fact is that it is my choice to make and I do not take it lightly. In other words, yes, I have been known to vote Democrat, Republican, Liberal, Independent, Conservative. It all depends on who is on the slate.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2005 08:05 am
How I see the difference between neo cons and liberals...or dems and pubs

They're all lying sack of **** criminals, but the libs and dems will allow us to eat the scraps from their table.

The neo con gop's won't even allow us in the dining room.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2005 08:06 am
Setanta
Yes. When all is said and done it oftimes ends up as the lesser of two evils. However, at times one is pleasently surprised. I think Hillery if elected will be just that.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2005 08:07 am
Sturgis wrote:
gRRRRRR!

I think I will now go back to your first post and just glom onto 'Have a nice day." or "Hace a nice day" as you wrote it, which may not be what you meant since I seem to recall Hace from Spanish class as meaning "it is" which I do not think you really meant. correct me if I am wrong and in any case, I shall now stop this fruitless exhibit of frustration producing since we are apparently on opposite sides of this issue.

Hace is the command form of the verb hacer, which means to make or to do. So, you could think of it as "make a good day", which is apt, or "do a good day" which works too.

Do a Good Day, everyone!
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2005 08:09 am
FreeDuck wrote:
Sturgis wrote:
gRRRRRR!

Hace is the command form of the verb hacer, which means to make or to do. So, you could think of it as "make a good day", which is apt, or "do a good day" which works too.

Do a Good Day, everyone!

or... it could have been a typo :wink:
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2005 08:12 am
Of course, but I couldn't resist.

BTW, I use profanity as emphasis all the time and think it's perfectly acceptable.
0 Replies