Yossarian's Roost Resuscitated

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2022 08:35 am
@McGentrix,
I know they voted out the US puppet government.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2022 08:37 am
@edgarblythe,
It sounded very much like you were saying only Americans matter, that we Europeans can go **** ourselves.

You can't negotiate with Putin, like you can't negotiate with Hitler.

That's what happened after he invaded Crimea.

You negotiated, he kept what he wanted and invaded Ukraine.

Should he be given all of Ukraine?

What about Moldova, Poland?

Is there anything he shouldn't be allowed to do?
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2022 08:51 am
@izzythepush,
I am just saying we should look for a way to stop the war instead of turning it into what you are describing. Americans are not my primary concern, but the world order is.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2022 08:58 am
@edgarblythe,
Appeasement didn't work with Hitler and it's not worked with Putin.

Truth is we should have taken a harder line after the illegal invasion of Crimea.

If we had we wouldn't be where we are today.

Putin sees the collapse of the Soviet Union as a catastrophe.

He wants to rebuild the Empire.

And he started with Georgia.

Nothing will ever be enough for him.

0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2022 09:17 am
I didn't advocate appeasement. It's a chess game between Nato and Russia with the citizens of Ukraine the pawns. What I say and what Biden does will never dovetail, but I can put in my two cents.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2022 10:29 am
@edgarblythe,
That's all negotiationmeans to Putin.

Do you honestly he will willingly withdraw from Ukraine?

He poisoned people just down the road from me. I could have picked up the poison spray that killed Dawn Sturgess.

Russian citizens are facing five years in jail for referring to what is going on in Ukraine as a war or an invasion.

You can't negotiate with someone like that.

Neville Chamberlain isn't regarded as one of the greatest British prime ministers at all.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2022 07:27 am
Reminder that prisons, especially private prisons, are modern day plantations. The access and provision of healthy food is basically banned. They slowly kill the inmates. This is how cruel the system is.
- jbfaunt
https://theappeal.org/prison-food-system-health/
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2022 08:41 am
****. I didn't bother to read the article.

An Australian woman was detained by a US border official who asked, 'Have you recently had an abortion?'
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2022 08:49 am
9 years since Zimmerman got away with murder.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2022 06:40 am
@edgarblythe,
Huh, stay out of prison by not committing crimes. Check.
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2022 07:23 am
@McGentrix,
I hate to characterize that as a brain dead response, so I will let it go.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2022 07:26 am
@edgarblythe,
It's the racisists' position. Zimmerman was a white guy with a gun, he should be able to kill as many black children as he wants.

McGentrix said he agreed with Oralloy when he said a child's right to life is insignificant when compared with his pathetic need to feel big with a gun.

According to him killing and sexually assaulting children is alpha male behaviour.
McGentrix

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2022 07:44 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

I hate to characterize that as a brain dead response, so I will let it go.

You think committing crimes and going to prison is a good decision when one worries about dying early? Seems like good advice.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2022 07:47 am
@izzythepush,
That kind of alpha male should be the makeup of prison populations almost exclusively.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2022 10:17 am

We did it... TOGETHER!!! More than 75K of you signed our petition, and the International Olympics Committee listened! So today, on the 110th anniversary of his medal ceremony, Jim Thorpe is finally restored as the rightful and sole gold medal-winner of the 1912 Decathlon and Pentathlon! 🥇🥇
In July of 1912, Jim captivated the world in Stockholm, where King Gustaf V proclaimed him “the World’s Greatest Athlete.” It turned Jim Thorpe, a Sac and Fox & Potawatomi farm boy from Oklahoma into the first celebrity-athlete in history. 🤩
Even though the World’s Greatest Athlete represented the USA 🇺🇸 at the Olympics before Native Americans were even granted U.S. citizenship, not even the mighty Jim Thorpe was protected from racism and jealousy. Six months after the Games, an unfair and obscure application of rules governing amateur play led to one of the biggest sports scandals ever.
Pop Warner, Jim’s own coach from Carlisle, entered Jim’s room when Jim wasn’t home, packed his medals from the 1912 Games and shipped them back to the IOC.
Following the scandal, Jim never complained, and according to his family, it was rarely mentioned. He went on to a long & stellar football career, helping found the @NFL and even played professional baseball & basketball. After retiring from sports in his 40s, he worked an actor in more than 70 movies until he died from heart disease in 1953.
The IOC eventually awarded duplicate medals to Jim’s family 30 years after his death. Despite some records standing unbroken for more than 60 years, the official record has still listed Jim as a “co-champion” – until now! The IOC announced today that Jim will again be listed as the first place winner of his events.
We want to thank our team here at Bright Path Strong, our many tribal partners, authors/historians Bob Wheeler and Flo Ridlon, our non-profit and academic partners, and allies like Olympians Billy Mills (Lakota) and Anita DeFrantz. Last but not least, we especially want to thank our loyal supporters like all of you! Without our amazing #BrightPathStrong community, this glorious day may have never come. ⚡️
Miigwetch!!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2022 10:30 am

Fifty Shades of Whey
@davenewworld_2
The fascists are being open and honest on how they utilize the exception in the 13th amendment for slave labor. This entire line of dialogue about desperately relying on cheap labor is what incentivizes the false imprisonment of innocent people by police.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FXtJkYRVsAwWUqA?format=jpg&name=900x900
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2022 06:47 pm
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FXuyzcKUEA0oJkb?format=jpg&name=900x900
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2022 08:11 am
Black in the Empire
@blackintheempir
·
7m
The poorer people get the more crime will rise
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 17 Jul, 2022 11:39 am
Mohamad Safa
@mhdksafa
·
10m
Dutch trains run entirely on wind energy. One windmill running for an hour can power a train for 120 miles, and around 5,500 trips are facilitated every day. The system allows around 600,000 passengers to commute daily without any emissions.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 17 Jul, 2022 06:14 pm
0 Replies