Best places to live in Florida

Linkat

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2005 02:37 pm
I would think a nice single guy would love South Beach. Lots of models sun bathing topless. You may not be able to afford the rents though as it is pricey.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2005 04:28 pm
Letty, about Daytona Beach: I must have heard someone say that in passing once when I lived in Orlando, but since I can't find anything on the web or on a google news search that even remotely backs that up, I guess it must have been a bunch of BS, and I would never want to besmirch the fine city of Daytona in this way, so I retract that statement.

linkat, yes, I have been to South Beach a few times...holy crap I love that place. But I could never afford to live there.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2005 04:34 pm
Quick Jimmy buffett story...

A promotions director buddy of mine with a station here in Raleigh was married to a woman who was a huge Buffett fan (no accounting for taste) and when she finally, through her husbands connections got to meet him backstage he looked her up and down and told her that was a bootleg t-shirt and she neede to lose it.

He also found (or so I read) and sued the pants off a small independent Mexican businessman who opened a little stand and called it "Cheeseburger In Paradise"

He's a dick masquerading as a hippie IMHO.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Wed 10 Aug, 2005 04:39 pm
Did a quick check on best beaches in the US, and found that several are in Florida. Key West seems to be the best and Daytona ranks sixth.

Orlando is okay, but I wouldn't want to live there. Been to Disney World a couple of times, Kicky. I-4 is terrible.

Silver Springs is pretty as well. The worst part about Florida is the governor and those one time laws.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 11 Aug, 2005 08:35 am
I wouldn't suggest Key West to Kicky...I vacationed there and loved it. However, for a single guy (unless he is gay) - not ideal. There were lots of gays and lesbians and lots of navy and special forces when I visited. Fun for us single girls with the military around, but for straight men - not so.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 11 Aug, 2005 11:28 am
I lived in Florida for three years and never went to Key West for exactly that reason, Linkat.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Thu 11 Aug, 2005 03:42 pm
Never seem to bother Ernest Hemingway, Kicky. Razz
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 11 Aug, 2005 04:45 pm
Well, I think we've established long ago that I'm no Ernest Hemingway. Smile
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Thu 11 Aug, 2005 05:07 pm
My godchild lives in the keys and loves it, kicky. I promise that she and her husband are quite neutral. (sorta)
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2005 08:00 am
Letty - your godchild and husband are probably not going out trying to find some hot chick to get lucky with.

A single guy will probably have difficulty finding a chick to get lucky with, although you could potentially have the opportunity to find some lipstick lesbians, if you are into that sort of thing.
0 Replies