Does panhandlers make a insane amount of money per day?

Reply Wed 11 May, 2022 07:58 pm
The last two days I noticed a wife and husband panhandling. Yesterday was the wife who's sign said "Have 4 kids and need money for rent" while the husband stayed in the car. And 12 people people gave her money in a 1 hour span. Today the husband came by himself and actually panhandled in front of the grocery store entrance with the sign saying "homeless need money for hotel room" and 20 people gave him money in 1 hour before being told to leave by store management.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 8 • Views: 710 • Replies: 14
No top replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 11 May, 2022 08:22 pm
@singlesucks13,
singlesucks13 wrote:

The last two days I noticed a wife and husband panhandling. Yesterday was the wife who's sign said "Have 4 kids and need money for rent" while the husband stayed in the car. And 12 people people gave her money in a 1 hour span. Today the husband came by himself and actually panhandled in front of the grocery store entrance with the sign saying "homeless need money for hotel room" and 20 people gave him money in 1 hour before being told to leave by store management.

Depends did each person give a penny then you are saying like 20 cents an hour ..so if people are giving change it would be likely be around 5 bucks. So unless you know what people are giving there is no way to know.
singlesucks13

Reply Thu 12 May, 2022 09:28 am
@Linkat,
I saw multiple people give away $5 and $10;bills and one person gave them a $50. The panhandlers were across the grocery store cafe where I was eating
Linkat

Reply Thu 12 May, 2022 09:41 am
@singlesucks13,
singlesucks13 wrote:

I saw multiple people give away $5 and $10;bills and one person gave them a $50. The panhandlers were across the grocery store cafe where I was eating

And you could see the denomination of each of those bills from that distance? You must have excellent eyesight.

I have heard some panhandlers can make a good sum but since I don't audit any I cannot verify
singlesucks13

Reply Thu 12 May, 2022 11:24 am
@Linkat,
It was next to the café window and saw a couple of people taking,their money out and saw the $5, $10 and $50 bills.,It was really that close to me. I think these people make $500 a day if no one tells them to leave the property
coluber2001

Reply Thu 12 May, 2022 03:09 pm
It makes both feel good, so what's the problem?
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 13 May, 2022 05:25 am
@singlesucks13,
Maybe if you were capable of writing a basic sentence you wouldn't feel jealous of homeless people.

It's either Do panhandlers make ...... or Does panhandling make....

If you could write that, you could write a sign saying, homeless and hungry please help.

Perhaps there's a course you could take at a community college.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Fri 13 May, 2022 06:03 am
Most importantly, did you know if he/they declared the money on their tax returns?

Also, quite important is what kind of car do they drive? Inquiring minds want to know.

Fact is that Panhandling has been around for centuries. Did you just discover it?

Why not stick to your PS video games?! Did you ever follow up on your claim for your lost Amazon package?
singlesucks13

Reply Fri 13 May, 2022 10:28 am
@Ragman,
It just boggles my mind that they make more money then people working .
roger

Reply Fri 13 May, 2022 10:48 am
@singlesucks13,
It does. I also don't know what they take in.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Fri 13 May, 2022 11:28 am
@singlesucks13,
singlesucks13 wrote:

In the grand scheme of things, with senseless war in the Ukraine and innocent
people dying, who cares about panhandlers?!
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 13 May, 2022 03:12 pm
@singlesucks13,
singlesucks13 wrote:

Well there are intrinsic values in being gainfully employed and other benefits at least at most jobs - not all jobs may include each benefit but some I can think of:

Personal pride at working and earning an income as a result
Contributing to the betterment of society
Potential to move up and earn more money
Opportunity to train, learn a trade, gain real life working experience
Health care, 401k, tuition reimbursement, child care,
Not being afraid of being arrested for "panhandling", loitering
Not being afraid of having people put you down, get beat up or having someone try to steal your panhandling money

So if you think that panhandling is worth it - nothing is stopping you. Go for it.
0 Replies

Mrknowspeople

Reply Sat 14 May, 2022 09:07 am
@singlesucks13,
Wife used to make more than two Gods doing it. She still does it.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 14 May, 2022 12:04 pm
What you see in a few incidents like that doesn't tell the panhandlers' story, necessarily. If they can't get jobs for whatever reason they still need a home and groceries. A momentary wallet with money today doesn't mean it's always full. Our society has gotten to the point where it forces homelessness on ever more people. Gofundme is becoming a hallmark of the national character because of the insane demand on resources.
0 Replies

PoliteMight

Reply Sun 22 May, 2022 12:02 am
@singlesucks13,
Pardon me, have you tried the job center or even moving to a state where they have job center and going on the public assistance and getting into section 8, or temporary shelter or housing ???

I have no idea what state or nation you are from but honestly I do not care anymore. I wish I had the guts to stand up do nothing with a sign and get free money.
0 Replies