The right time for the right movie, TV show, etc.

Frank Apisa

Sat 18 Jun, 2022 07:23 am
@Phoenix32890,
Phoenix32890 wrote:

I usually watch TV in the evening. I very rarely watch movies. I find that I like to binge watch older TV serials. Sometimes I rewatch a series that I have already seen. Right now, I am watching NYPD Blue, which I never saw when it was first running.

Now the computer is another thing. I am retired, so my time is my own. I usually check my e mails, and look for some interesting news or other stories. I watch right after breakfast, and often check my portfolio (ugh, lately). Very often I have to literally pull myself away from the computer,'cause sometimes I become too involved, and the days are going faster lately!

Great seeing you, Phoenix.

The Internet CAN be fun; these forums can be fun. Ya just gotta take all the crap that happens with a healthy dose of humor.

Yeah...people get all worked up (often over very serious matters)...but that is a part of life.

I watch a lot more TV now than ever before in my life. Nancy and I are both retired...and I can only play so much golf. We watch lots of series on Netflix...fluff stuff that I never would have watched before. Sometimes they are interesting and entertaining. Sometimes they help me make up for lost sleep time. Either way, I figure I am the better for it.
0 Replies

coluber2001

Sat 18 Jun, 2022 11:11 am
I've got 2 old box-style televisions, including a big one with a VHS player I got for $4 a few years back. I don't have cable so had to watch broadcast fare. But there's really nothing new worthwhile watching, and how many times can you watch Frazier reruns? I did watch movies on dvds, but once again, why buy dvds when you can stream movies and TV shows free on your cell phone?

About 6 months ago I just turned the TV off and never turned it back on. I intended to watch the Jan 6 hearings, but with all the universal remotes and everything I couldn't figure out how to turn the TV on.

So my cell phone replaces the TV now along with about everything else.
Phoenix32890

Sat 18 Jun, 2022 05:00 pm
@coluber2001,
Quote:
So my cell phone replaces the TV now along with about everything else.

Can there be too much of a good thing? I had an iPhone6. I liked it very much, and I understood the ins and outs of the phone.

A number of months ago, I learned that Apple was no longer servicing the 6s. You could not get replacement parts for the 6s. So, I bought the 13. It does everything but wash your clothes, and dye your hair. There is just so much STUFF.

There are so many things on this phone that months later, I haven't even scratched the surface. I don't need that much technology.
roger

Sat 18 Jun, 2022 05:40 pm
@Phoenix32890,
That's not planned obsolescence. That's forced obsolescence. Sounds a bit like MS Windows. I was happy with W7. They quit servicing it, and now they keep bugging me about W11.
0 Replies

AnnaSokolski

Sun 29 Jan, 2023 05:34 am
@Seizan,
Oh yeah. And when, out of nothing to do, you finally get over yourself and go to see something, you get bored quickly. And if you do the same thing in the evening, then you'll watch everything to the end. That's how I tried to watch "Running in the Labyrinth" in the afternoon. I just love it, but I shut it down after ten minutes.
0 Replies

sofiruby867

Sun 12 Feb, 2023 02:50 am
@Seizan,
i sugest that see emotional movies with your wife
Seizan

Sun 12 Feb, 2023 04:03 am
@sofiruby867,
She doesn't watch movies at all. She falls asleep within 10 minutes, regardless of the movie. Nothing on film interests her.
0 Replies