Complicated love triangle

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2022 07:26 pm
So, my friend and I like this guy, but she doesn't know that I like him, while she's been very comfortable with telling me about her crush on him. I've liked him since around September, and whenever I've tried to get over him and like other people, I've only saw aspects of him in them, so I ended up liking him again once my friend started to like him and reminded me of reasons as to why I liked him in the first place. Him and I have had some moments where I feel like he possibly likes me back. He gotten very comfortable towards me lately, and started teasing me as well. Everytime he smiles, he also looks me in the eye. and if he were to end up liking me and ask me out, I'd say yes. The only problem is how im going to respond to my friend if that ever happens. How should I respond to my friend if him and I ever do go out?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 6 • Views: 1,015 • Replies: 10
No top replies

glitterbag

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2022 07:45 pm
@waddlingpig08,
Welcome to A2K, Waddlingpig
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2022 08:31 pm
@waddlingpig08,
It doesn’t sound as if there’s anything really going on between your friend and this guy. Tell your friend how you feel about this young man. She’s going to find out eventually anyway. Then go for it.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Thu 14 Apr, 2022 07:44 am
@waddlingpig08,
I see three scenarios.

- Both of you just have unrequited crushes. Things go as they are now, you remain tight with your friend.
- He asks her out or she finally steps up and asks him out. You are crushed but since you haven't shared your feelings, you just hang around miserable and end up writing a hit song like Jessie's Girl.
- He asks you out or you finally step us and ask him out. You are over the moon romantically and your friendship is probably over. I can't see your friend seeing it as anything but a betrayal and she will probably bad mouth you behind your back forever. That's not really fair but my guess as to what would happen.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 14 Apr, 2022 10:16 pm
Isn't that more of a V than a triangle?
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Fri 15 Apr, 2022 05:53 am
Firstly, it's not 'complicated'. It's as old as humankind.

Secondly, it's not a 'love triangle' since no one has declared him/herself to anyone else.

Linkat

Reply Fri 15 Apr, 2022 10:25 am
@Mame,
It seems this person has been "involved" in complicated love triangles and things along that root since 2019 - there are two other posts that are similar (not exact) but it seems to involve a boy that is a friend but that other friends are involved in.

So she posts a question with similar situations so some people answer and give advice but she never responds again.

Just asks another question months or in this case several years later - I'd love to have the "complications" she has my life would be so much more simple.
Mame

Reply Fri 15 Apr, 2022 11:09 am
@Linkat,
Why do people do this?

Had I known, I wouldn't have bothered.
Linkat

Reply Fri 15 Apr, 2022 11:43 am
@Mame,
Mame wrote:

Why do people do this?

Had I known, I wouldn't have bothered.

Its complicated.
Mame

Reply Fri 15 Apr, 2022 12:29 pm
@waddlingpig08,
waddlingpig08 wrote:

Everytime he smiles, he also looks me in the eye. and if he were to end up liking me and ask me out, I'd say yes. The only problem is how im going to respond to my friend if that ever happens. How should I respond to my friend if him and I ever do go out?

Three pretty big "IFS" out there. How old are you, anyway?

You need to decide to live in reality. Either do something about it or let it go.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Fri 15 Apr, 2022 12:30 pm
@Linkat,
lol Sure it's not a triangle?
0 Replies