Ohio scandal heats up

Dartagnan

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2005 12:08 pm
I recall seeing Jack Hanna--any relation to the late wheeler-dealer?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2005 12:10 pm
I couldn't say . . . i did see him at the Zoo once and chatted for a moment, but he was glad-handing the crowd to drum up donations, so no real conversation occurred. Given his ethusiastic and successful fund-raising for the Zoo and species preservation in general, it would not surprise me. He seems to display that same deft touch at politicking and fund-raising which characterized Mark Hanna.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2005 06:01 pm
Evidently his dad's name was Hoss. Seems like a glad-handing kinda name. (Just passed a plaque a few hours ago while at the zoo commemorating Hoss and ___ Hanna, Jack's parents.)
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2005 06:05 pm
You were at the Zoo today? It's so gloomy . . . did it rain up there?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2005 06:11 pm
It didn't actually, or did at the very end, but then it was the kind that basically evaporates before it hits the ground, welcome for its cooling effects. Raining here now though (nice and gentle, my grass seed will be happy). (No, not the wacky kind...)
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2005 06:25 pm
I just checked online for a bio of Hanna, who was born in Knoxville, Tennessee, and got his start in a zoo in Florida. So i'd say, no relation at all to Mark Hanna. Check him out sometime, he's a pretty weird character according to the Wikipedia bio.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2005 10:58 am
http://www.cleveland.com/newsflash/cleveland/index.ssf?/base/news-19/1124454904232970.xml&storylist=cleveland

Quote:
Noe's lawyer says Taft knew about coin fund in 2001

Watch the cannabalism of the Ohio GOP begin!

I sure hope Paul Hackett runs again there, and that some other Dems step up.... the place is RIPE for a takeover.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies