Wiener Zeitung

dagmaraka

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2005 12:39 pm
oh, that thing! thanksgiving! that's right, i forgot all about it.
i'm a lousy bar-hopper, worry not. usually it just means one hop and then another hop home...
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2005 12:47 pm
Oops, yes, before I forget it: good luck! (And remember: Murphy's law is illegal at the IWM :wink: )
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2005 12:48 pm
sorry walter, i haven't seen your 'good luck' wish, because i'm long gone from a2k and busy at work... Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2005 12:49 pm
<thanks>
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2005 01:14 pm
dagmaraka wrote:
meeting sublime (and maybe nimh?) in the evening tomorrow.

It turns out the last train back to Budapest already leaves at 8 PM... Crying or Very sad

Good luck tomorrow!!!
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2005 01:43 pm
nimh wrote:

It turns out the last train back to Budapest already leaves at 8 PM... Crying or Very sad

But there are some leaving later!
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2005 02:59 pm
oh, you're returning the same day? tough. well, let me send you my cell number, and you call me if you feel like grabbing a bite before you leave or something. I should be home by 5pm, take an hour or so to pack, at 6-ish I could make it somewhere if you're hungry and have time...
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2005 05:00 pm
Yes, returning the same day ... and thanks Walter, but I dont think "night trains" that have one stuck in Gyor, Bratislava or Bruck a/d Leithe from 12 to 4, or 1 to 5, are much of an alternative ... ;-)

OK Dag, lessee if we can make it to meet at 6/7, I'll text ya if so! And break a leg!
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2005 05:48 pm
I wish i was brave enough to break a leg. i wouldn't have to present then, would i? ok, perhaps that's dumb enough to be ever an option.

getting tired.... must scramble enough resolve for a few more hours. grrrrrrr...

we'll play it by ear, nimh.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2005 06:11 pm
you know, not that anybody asked, but these states of panic sometime bring catharsic (?) relief. As I leaf violently through the drafts of chapters I have done I realize there is some great stuff in there. Sure i need to add stuff, reshuffle, nix some, and all that... but it's not looking that catastrophical anymore. perhaps i won't be boo-ed off the stage and thrown rotten tomatoes at. if i never post again, then this possibility - of a decent enough presentation - failed to materialize.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2005 06:17 pm
hehhehheh ...

you'll do fine, dag ;-)
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2005 04:05 am
ul wrote:
And Dagmar made it into the the news:

Während Historiker nach einem Maximum an Objektivität streben, ist die Erinnerung der Menschen nicht unbedingt rational zu fassen. Als Teil der eigenen Identität kommen hier vielmehr die Emotionen ins Spiel. Gerade Politiker machen sich dieses Werkzeug in Konflikten gerne zunutze, meint die Politologin Dagmar Kusa. Sie berichtet am Wiener Institut für die Wissenschaften vom Menschen (IWM) morgen über historische Erinnerung und historische "Amnesie" in der Politik Mitteleuropas.

http://science.orf.at/science/news/142188

...Informationen zur Autorin
Dagmar Kusa studiert Politikwissenschaft an der Boston University und arbeitet gegenwärtig an ihrer Dissertation, die untersucht, wie die historische Erinnerung in der Politik instrumentalisiert wird - insbesondere im Rahmen von ethnischen Spannungen und Konflikten. Sie verbringt derzeit als Junior Visting Fellow ein Semester am IWM in Wien.....

Waaaaah, I can't understand a word of it! Sad
But congratulations dag, looks like you're famous!
Can I have your autograph, please? Very Happy
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2005 05:03 am
sure. if i survive. 2 1/2 hours - 1/2 hour will be commute to work, hour lunch... so just an hour really.

ooooof. i got praised on that german article today. worry not olga, i don't know what it says either...
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2005 05:07 am
Well done, dag! Very Happy
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2005 05:20 am
While historians strive for a maximum at objectivity, the memory of humans is not to be seized necessarily rationally. As part of the own identity here rather the emotions come into the play. Straight politicians take advantage of this tools in conflicts gladly, mean the Politologin Dagmar ..... Tomorrow it reports at the Viennese Institut for the sciences of humans (IWM) on historical memory and historical "Amnesie" in the policy of Central Europe.

And:

Informationen to the authoress Dagmar .... studies political science to the Boston University and works at present on its thesis, which examines, like the historical memory in the policy is instrumentalisiert - in particular in the context of ethnical tensions and conflicts. She spends at present as a junior Visting Fellow one term at the IWM in Vienna.....

Courtesy Babelfish

http://babelfish.altavista.com/
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2005 05:23 am
Thanks, Deb.
0 Replies

satt fs

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2005 05:43 am
["instrumentalisieren" (german) ~ "to exploit" (english)]
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2005 06:53 am
haha. i do have the original version if there's that much interest. but not now, now i gotta go DO DA TAWK!!!

hold your hats, i'm a-coming!
0 Replies

ul

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2005 06:58 am
Exhale---inhale--- exhale-- jump right in!

You do fine.
0 Replies

Pantalones

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2005 07:32 am
In bocca al lupo!
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Wiener Zeitung
  3. » Page 13
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/17/2024 at 10:41:48