Wiener Zeitung

Pantalones

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2006 11:06 am
My time in Europe is ending and I want to say that Vienna remains my favorite european city, maybe because it was my first big city, maybe because I went there alone, maybe because I was only there for 2 days so a lot is still to be discovered, maybe because I had my very first a2k meeting there (thanks for everything dag and ul). I'm not sure why but Vienna is on top of my book. Will definitely return sometime. (I don't want to return to Paris, for example, but don't tell the french)
0 Replies

ul

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2006 02:46 pm
You are already leaving- the time did fly. You must be glad to go home, dissertation and all the work connected to it over. You have been a busy lady.

Joe it was really nice meeting you too. If you can come back- my offer stands.

Take care and good luck.
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2006 06:47 pm
joe : nice to hear that you found vienna was your favourite european city. i endorse your statement.
spent a year in vienna as a boy and came back in 2001 for a three-week vacation wih mrs h.
we had the good fortune to meet ul and her family.
we hope to get back to vienna - perhaps this year ?
it's a city that welcomes everyone with its charm, music, good food ... hbg
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Mon 30 Jan, 2006 07:57 pm
baaaaaah, it's 3am, can't sleep. gotta get up early and move out of my room, clean and finish weeding through the papers at the office and pack whichever i'm taking with....leave by 4pm, buy parents a 35th anniversary present and drive home to be in time for dinner..... oooooooooof!
0 Replies

ul

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 08:44 am
... totally worn out, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, shouting...."holy ****...what a ride!" :wink:

Dag, I hope you did manage all this- I bet you did and with a smile!
Take care and be well. Give my regards to LittleK.

hamburger,
that's something to look forward too.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 08:51 am
oooooof, packing up the last at my office. car acting up, i'm tired (still on antibiotics, getting over a nasty flu or whatnot).
too bad we didn't get to hang out again, ul. this has just flew over my head, didn't expect to be leaving in such a huff. and when can we welcome you in boston again?
d.
0 Replies

ul

Reply Tue 31 Jan, 2006 09:03 am
So the malicious Viennese virus has got you too- seems a lot of people were attacked. I am already over it. Be well soon.

Boston- who knows? This summer we will start from Chicago, but no idea where we will end- holidays are not planned here. "Just follow your nose".
0 Replies

Endymion

Reply Fri 3 Feb, 2006 08:32 pm
Hey dagmaraka

This is a great thread. I've been taken away reading through it.
Hope you're feeling better

Endy
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Wiener Zeitung
  3. » Page 17
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 10:39:34