Wiener Zeitung

dagmaraka

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2005 10:29 am
Done. Mere two hours. Was interesting. Am wiped out. Why does anyone go into academia? Fools!
krsplat. sleeeeeeep. zzzz
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2005 10:49 am
Yay! You got through it! "Interesting" -- I'm going to read that as "went smashingly well."
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2005 12:48 pm
Agreeing with soz' translation. (I would have said' not too bad')
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2005 01:08 pm
Whew. Somehow I stopped getting updates for this thread and have missed the past week - good going, Dag!
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2005 09:42 pm
Welllllll, I met sublime tonight Shocked

i gotta catch 2 hrs of sleep before i travel to bahstin. i shall let sublime relate the stores of the evening. there were,...well, ... a few. quite a few, truth be told...
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2005 11:43 pm
Shocked ???????????????
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2005 01:50 am
was i a little cryptic? i was a little tired. yes, i met sublime and his friend Jeff. we sat in Top Kino - which is this alternative movie theatre with a bar, kinda cool. low key place.
Then we moved to Donau, which is really really alternative place and partied with...errr, who know who they were. owners? mafia? drunkards? in any case, there was a selection of random weird characters. jeff and my colleague wrestled with one, for example, other attempted to teach me salsa to some techno music in the background.

eek, gotta leave to catch my flight in 10 minutes - and i haven't packed yet!!!
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2005 01:52 am
Have a good flight!!!
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2005 01:52 am
Go, girl, go!
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2005 02:15 am
I'm LAAAAAAAAATE!!!
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2005 02:19 am
Now, hurry up, really.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2005 02:27 am
(it's a domestic flight. i'll be fine. i'll be there early enough.)

leaving now, really. will say hello to littlek from all of ya.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2005 06:27 am
sozobe wrote:
Yay! You got through it! "Interesting" -- I'm going to read that as "went smashingly well."

Heh ;-)

Cool <smiles>
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2005 08:07 am
nimh, did you send me an SMS? i guess so, 'twas a hungarian number.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2005 08:08 am
to see where i'm writing from, view grit and grimace thread... grit grit.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2005 08:32 am
yes i did, i asked you how your presentation had gone!! ;-)
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2005 09:35 am
well. it went well. i got an invitation to speak in prague at some interdisciplinary something or another, and this famous historian (well, famous to me, as she is involved exactly in the same areas) was there and we'll meet when i come back from boston (if i ever get there...) and she will give me in depth feedback on my work, tips, books, stuff.... so i gained the best advisor i could hope for. not bad. not bad at all.

hey, nimh, i'm in amsterdam for a night - stuck at the airport. but i decided to unstuck, find a hotel and now....the night is wide open (earliest possible flight out is tomorrow). any recommended action?
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2005 09:49 am
oh, just one more thing on last night's 'gathering' with sublime: boy, do I have some pictures!!! you'll have to wait a week, as i forgot my connecting cable.... but the wait is worth... there was dancing, singing, even wrestling involved. we only went home when everybody was positively sure that if we stay one more minute we die. hotdogs at 5am, as a cherry on the whipcream (or where).
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2005 10:07 pm
Uhoh......when is she supposed to be here?
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2005 05:12 am
hiya kris. i'm arriving tonight (still writing from amsterdam) - at around 4:30pm. are you on the cape? and what's that with your sister? i guess we'll talk soon. I'll call your cell to see where you are. meeting adam today. no idea why i'm not writing this in an email, haha, but here it is so there...
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Wiener Zeitung
  3. » Page 14
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/04/2024 at 12:14:11