Wiener Zeitung

littlek

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2005 05:21 pm
this works.... I'll be back on sunday, cell doesn't receive calls here on the cape...... I'll talk to you manana.
0 Replies

sublime1

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2005 01:41 pm
Well, the flight was delayed out of Vienna so we missed our connecting flight to Chicago. Caught a flight to Franfurt where Lufthansa set us up with a hotel. spent an hour tracking down our luggage to find that they already had our bags in holding for our return flight. Left Frankfurt this morning and just got home. I have been up for 14 hours and its only 13:30 local.

The night out with Dag was certainly one of the most interesting of my stay in Wien. Stories and pics will have to wait for another day. Now its time to relax.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2005 03:20 pm
Picks soon, though? Please?

So.....Dag.... do you want to go look at an apartment at 6pm tonight? In Watertown? Hello. I have no idea what the best way to contact you is.
0 Replies

sublime1

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2005 06:03 pm
Here is one of the more interesting characters we met that evening.

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0TwCJAkYWXmV5FGlJD0V3Ph87o6U11!T5NAVOYgztwLl3A8!2OyAH1EpvXnZO!l4UPt1CkwnE1FEZyC*Pirv4NiatM7uYt8WfrU4X5gN4*bhNNvlq!B5wSQ/DSC01630.JPG

He walked a thin line between dangerous and funny all night. He was in a scuffle (for lack of a better word) with Dags friend earlier on, then at the end of the night I was looking for my smokes when my friend pointed out that he had them. Well I confronted him and took them back, he told me to f#%k off they were his and tried to put some type of arm hold on me but was too drunk to get it right so I grabbed his arm then he smiled and said he was joking and let go.

This is the entrance to Donau:

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0SwAAAHAVXw55FGlJD0V3PoyQwWoD979rr8MDwO7EbgBv9wXfZnBJhDCE2G6atOB3IVmfannRBtQIpqGz2V08ySXKWYx1d4bE!6yLWEjXITSBeb8xBYjUpQ/DSC01642.JPG

More to come.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2005 06:20 pm
both very interesting shots!
0 Replies

sublime1

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2005 06:25 pm
Any word from her yet?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2005 06:25 pm
nope.
0 Replies

sublime1

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2005 06:30 pm
The start of what almost turned into a fight between this guy and Dasha's friend:

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0TwD7AkgW6mV5FGlJD0V3Pty1ECNht3yPDUD2AxknzDdoaiwa4nVZffl8YydUpzdWQl4bSMWiV22PlWxzoQT4R5koDbzEtSOek8GgTUyK6XrU!!82QFiLRA/DSC01632.JPG
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2005 07:14 pm
haha, this last shot is priceless. i have a few like that. truth be told, 'my friend' - my colleague ther in the green sweater, is also not without problems. he kept telling this guy (and everybody really) to 'go away' kinda rudely, i was just waiting for a real fight to erupt anytime. all ended well though.

kris, i'm at my boss'es house and we are going to work on a video from india.. so tonight won't work... what's this apartment in watertown? i missed it. tell me more. is it for spring or something? gotta go.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Mon 28 Nov, 2005 05:00 pm
So, concerning Vienna, I discovered two great places to shop - two clothing stores to make you swoon, pretty stuff.

One is Park, in the Mondscheingasse (moonlight alley, appropriately), Neubau. Beautiful, light, spacious store, with carefully sorted individual racks with very nice fashion. Very helpful boy to guide your way. They also have a selection of interesting style books and magazines. I particularly liked the Ann Demeulemeester stuff.

Luckily for me, they didn't have any of the items I liked best in my (awkward) size (long and thin). Good. Because it was, really, clearly above my budget - and yet there were several items i would have bought without looking at the pricetag anyway.

<sighs>

Definitely the kind of store that reminds you when shopping becomes fun (I used to hate clothes-shopping). Namely, when you discover the pricy shops (and have money).

There's several interesting shops in a handful of streets around there, actually, off from the Mariahilferstrasse where you find all H&M's and Zara's. There was a woman's store in the Lindengasse, for example, that had some purty-looking stuff in the window too, a few shops before you get to Stil where they sell designer sneakers (a shop that, unlike Park, also has a cool website).

The other shop is downtown, in the Landskrongasse. Called Song. (Yes, everything is onesyllabic dontcha know). Much smaller, just two small spaces, one womens fashion the other mens/mixed. Cute (see picture). Very friendly man who helps you (who in turn made Susannah swoon).

They have suave, stylish stuff - I bought a shirt and a long-sleeved tee I really liked, both from Martin Margiela - and also some wacky stuff that makes you LOL. Clever oddball stuff from Walter van Beirendonck and a Berlin brand called terrorist something.

All still pretty pricey - they had one beautiful long black womens coat for 1,600 euro - but for the regular stuff at least less expensive than Park.

Still, even that was way irresponsible. But fun ;-)
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 28 Nov, 2005 05:03 pm
Hmm, Park is even 'promoted' in Hungarian :wink:
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Mon 28 Nov, 2005 05:06 pm
Oh, and I'll admit it - I found them on the net (together with a handful disappointing ones). Geek geek geek, I know. But you gotta improvise if you only have a few hours in the city and you wanna make sure you find something, 'k? We ended up hurrying back to the station to still make the train as it was ... They were on Superfuture.

The Goya exhibition is also beautiful, by the way :wink:
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Mon 28 Nov, 2005 05:11 pm
Walter Hinteler wrote:
Hmm, Park is even 'promoted' in Hungarian :wink:

Cool - yeah, its pretty. Good impression of what the store looks like. These pics focus all on the hipster t-shirt stuff tho, when it comes to the clothes, whereas they've also got a good share of more introvert, stylish things.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Mon 19 Dec, 2005 07:18 am
HEY

How did Gogi do?
0 Replies

ul

Reply Wed 28 Dec, 2005 03:57 am
It snowed over night. Lovely! White roofs, white streets. Some streets are closed for traffic now, so the children can use them for wintersports.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2006 09:47 am
Oh, oh, all sorts of posts that i missed. I'll find out how Gogi did tonight (had another match towards his pro rating - i think number 6 or 7 if not more out of 10 total. he won those first 6 or 7 so far... he needs to win all 10, else he won't be rated)

gloomy grumpy monday in vienna. actually no, it was sunny. it's just raining in my head. feeling as low as one can, for no good reason. well, other than i'll be switching continents soon again, have no motivation to work on my diss, have no direction in sight, and other such details.... sigh, can't wait to go boxing after a month though. that should get some oxygen into system and chase the rain out.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2006 07:17 am
Well, done gone boxing last night, talked to the boyz... Gogi is doing great, I watched him spar with Johann, the trainer, last night. Wowee, the man is a power machine, and he's so fast! both with his arms and on his feet, he sure will be a good one. Apparently I got the whole system wrong... Gogi has fought some 17 matches by now (won them all) and he will become a pro whenever he announces that he's becoming a pro...i guess those 10 matches were some sort of a goal he set for himself. johann says Gogi will go pro soon. There's some big match in March, perhaps that's when...
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2006 06:47 pm
Go Go Gogi!
0 Replies

ul

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2006 08:44 am
I admire you, dag. Going boxing, and that in this weather.
Vienna right now is headache weather;
cold, mild, cold again. Mad
Ready for an island in the sun.
But- last night we used the last frosty night to go skating on the frozen Old Danube. That was fun.
Now trying to find enough motivation to grade the last tests before term report. Embarrassed
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2006 09:31 am
oh yes, i saw the danube from the train, looks lovely. i am lucky to have a boxing fellow at the institute, we drag each other. if it was up to me alone, i wouldn't go.
and headache weather it is- without a hat i work up a decent migraine by the evening.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Wiener Zeitung
  3. » Page 15
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 11:12:44