Homeland Security is I.C.E. cold! Get'em boys.

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2005 08:17 pm
The gang members they should be going after are the white guys in suits that sit in ivory towers.

That is the most dangerous and despicable gang of all.
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2005 09:32 am
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
The gang members they should be going after are the white guys in suits that sit in ivory towers.

That is the most dangerous and despicable gang of all.

No, those are the good guys.
Corporate thugs who f*ck over thousands of people on a daily basis are good, street level punks who screw one another around are bad. They don't make any campaign contributions and they don't line the pockets with greenbacks.
Target the small groups with less clout and not the large entities who employ illegals.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2005 09:56 am
My question remains, cutting through the side issues, why has the HSA been reduced to chasing and arresting street criminals? I was under the impression that was the function of our Police and FBI. I appear to have held the mistaken impression that it's function was to protect against possible acts of terror.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2005 11:33 am
au1929 wrote:
My question remains, cutting through the side issues, why has the HSA been reduced to chasing and arresting street criminals? I was under the impression that was the function of our Police and FBI. I appear to have held the mistaken impression that it's function was to protect against possible acts of terror.

although i support the efforts of any agency taking on the gangs, domestic and imported, i've felt for a long time that the department of homeland security is really just a new name for the d.e.a.

i feel kinda justified in the thought when i keep seeing the news reports of hsa "discovering another tunnel under the border used for smuggling illegal drugs".
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2005 12:47 pm
I share that belief and some of the related concerns. Is it just another police agency, but with maybe a few extraconstitutional powers tossed in? That is, are they operating under Patriot Bill standards, rather than the more conventional.
0 Replies