Putin's war

Builder

Sat 26 Mar, 2022 03:59 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
I assume, it's when you called me a "foramen podicis" (in English) plus a bit more, but deleted it later?

You're working for faux nooz now, Walter? Anything goes, right?

I have no idea what a "foramen podicis" represents, but I reckon you do.

I thought I was dealing with an adult. My bad.
Walter Hinteler

Sat 26 Mar, 2022 04:08 am
@Builder,
Builder wrote:
I thought I was dealing with an adult. My bad.
I do admit that I've learnt Latin in my youth, but afterwards I did advance in age. And even in knowledge.
Walter Hinteler wrote:
I assume, it's when you called me a "foramen podicis" (in English) plus a bit more, but deleted it later?
And I do know how to make screenshots, save and store them, too.

Walter Hinteler wrote:
Builder wrote:
According to whom, Walter?
I got that info from the official Kremlin website.
No need to thank for the source, Builder!
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Sat 26 Mar, 2022 07:41 am
https://i.imgur.com/2p6iNd6.png
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Sat 26 Mar, 2022 07:52 am
https://i.imgur.com/dRMqGnS.jpg
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Sat 26 Mar, 2022 03:50 pm
https://media.sot.com.al/sot.com.al/media3/-640-0-623da01e2b038.png

https://media.sot.com.al/sot.com.al/media3/-640-0-623da01df28a5.png

The front gate and back gate of Putin's daughter's "home" in Biarritz, France. The squatters have left.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Sat 26 Mar, 2022 04:17 pm
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Sat 26 Mar, 2022 04:20 pm
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Sat 26 Mar, 2022 04:38 pm
Mutinous Russian troops ran over their own commander, say western officials
Source: The Guardian

Western officials have said they believe a Russian commander was run over by mutinous forces during the fighting in Ukraine, in a sign of what they described as the “morale challenges” faced by the invading forces.

They highlighted – and repeated – reports from earlier this week from a Ukrainian journalist that a colonel of the 37th separate guards motor rifle brigade was run over by a tank. Some reports said he had died of his injuries.

One official said they believed that the brigade commander was “killed by his own troops” as “a consequence of the scale of losses that had been taken by his brigade” in the bitter fighting.

Read more: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/mar/25/russian-troops-mutiny-commander-ukraine-report-western-officials

0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Sat 26 Mar, 2022 05:00 pm
U.S. confirms Ukraine struck Russian ship; Russian cruise missiles failing at rate of 20-60%
Source: CBS News

BY MARY WALSH, DAVID MARTIN
MARCH 25, 2022 / 4:36 PM / CBS NEWS

Russian cruise missiles suffer high failure rates

Russia is experiencing high cruise missile failure rates upon launch, ranging from "20% to 60%" a senior defense official said this week, citing U.S. assessments.

In many cases, the official noted, the air-launched cruise missiles simply don't release from the rails of the plane that is trying to fire them. Russian planes are currently flying about 300 sorties a day.

Further, Russian forces appear to be running lowest on air-launched cruise missiles and may be trying conserve those missiles, the official said. Though they still have about 50% of their stockpile remaining, the declining stocks of precision-guided missiles is a factor in the increasing use of dumb bombs. Russia's assault on Ukraine, now in its 30th day, has fired 1,260 missiles, according to the official.

Read more: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/ukraine-russia-struck-resupply-ship/
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Sun 27 Mar, 2022 02:16 am
The Russian war of invasion is having an increasing impact on the situation in Germany and Europe.
Not only because of the hundreds of thousands of refugees, but also because the war is hitting the logistics industry with full force: thousands of Ukrainian truck drivers are missing, rail and shipping traffic is disrupted.
In an internal paper translated Spiegel report below), the German top association warns of problems.

Quote:
The shortage of drivers, which already exists throughout Europe, will be further exacerbated by the crisis, the authors warn.

"In Poland alone, around 100,000 Ukrainian drivers were employed before the outbreak of war. [...] If more Ukrainian, Russian, Belarusian as well as Eastern European truck drivers are withdrawn from the European road haulage markets, this will lead to further freight space shortages."

According to industry insiders, Polish haulage companies are currently hiring more Polish drivers to replace Ukrainians who now have to or want to fight in the war. These Polish drivers are then in turn missing their previous employers, such as German transport companies.

The DSLV confirmed the authenticity of the paper to SPIEGEL.

The supply of food and other important goods to Germany is currently guaranteed, emphasised chief executive Frank Huster. However, transports are becoming more expensive - because of higher driver salaries and above all because of the jump in fuel prices.

The association is also concerned about the disruptions in rail freight and sea freight traffic between Europe and Asia.

For example, the railway connection via Ukraine to the east has been interrupted, whereas it has not yet been interrupted via Russia and Belarus. "Further obstructions [...] on Russian territory can severely disrupt the procurement routes of European industrial companies and trading houses," the paper says.

Maritime transport can no longer absorb these disruptions to trans-Eurasian rail freight transport in view of its own bottlenecks, the authors write: "In anticipation of possible EU sanctions provisions (ban on entry of Russian-flagged ships), the ports of Hamburg, Rotterdam and Antwerp are already refusing to accept containers coming from or destined for Russia, which further disrupts operational handling."

And due to renewed corona lockdowns in China, handling in two major ports in the People's Republic has also come to a standstill.

According to the internal DSLV paper, logistics and transport services of all transport modes are currently becoming noticeably more expensive. And: "The price development for logistics services is already having an effect on the price level of industrial and consumer goods".

The paper states that the effect of economic sanctions and the closure of production sites could theoretically lead to a lower demand for transport and an alignment with the lower supply. However, this cannot be reliably predicted.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Sun 27 Mar, 2022 06:30 am

0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Sun 27 Mar, 2022 07:08 am
Kremlin TV Descends Into Screaming Match Over Putin's War Failures

(snip)

State TV’s talking heads have tried in vain to paint a rosy picture of the Kremlin’s invasion, but the cracks are starting to show. On Thursday, with screens depicting dramatic images of demolished Mariupol flashing behind them, hosts of the state television show 60 Minutes, Olga Skabeeva and Evgeny Popov, tried to point out the “positives.” They noted that Russia promised to pay compensation to some Ukrainians from the “affected” territories—10,000 rubles each, amounting to a mere $100 dollars.

(snip)

Political analyst Vitaly Tretyakov concluded: “The situation is serious... We have to admit that there was no psychological breakthrough in our operation, where the opposing side would lose their will to resist... The resistance from the Ukrainian side is neither stopping nor weakening.” Tretyakov pointed out that despite the Russian media’s attempted depictions of Zelensky as a drug addict, he is being perceived by the West as a leader of a country that has been attacked. He also questioned the wisdom of “liberating” Ukrainians who don’t seem to want to be “liberated” and vehemently hate seeing the Russian troops on their territory. Tretyakov noted the unwavering determination of Western leaders to “squeeze” the Russian economy by imposing punishing sanctions.

Host Olga Skabeeva was visibly rattled by the depressing realities brought to the forefront by Tretyakov’s comments. She sniped, “So you sprinkled the ashes all over your head, but what do we do now? What’s our plan? Everything is bad, nothing is working out?” Skabeeva angrily questioned whether Tretyakov had anything to offer aside from criticism. After he pointed out that societies tend to get tired of any military campaigns rather quickly, Skabeeva argued, “If you’re tired, that doesn't mean that everyone else is tired.” Visibly angered, she repeatedly shouted at Tretyakov, questioning his support for the Russian military and telling the pundit that his commentary “has a smell of something untoward.”

(snip)

In January, experts on the same show estimated that Russia could overtake the entire neighboring country in a matter of 11 minutes. Their current predictions have shifted from minutes to decades for the Russian armed forces to achieve Putin’s goals in his senseless war against Ukraine.

(snip)

https://www.thedailybeast.com/russian-state-television-descends-into-screaming-match-over-vladimir-putins-war-failures-in-ukraine?ref=scroll
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Sun 27 Mar, 2022 01:06 pm
Ukrainian President Volodymyr Selenskyj has sharply criticised Russia for its handling of fallen Russian soldiers in the Ukrainian war. In an interview with independent Russian media, Selenskyj said that the Russian government did not want the bodies of its own armed forces for fear that the actual number of those killed would become public.

"We don't want to keep the bodies. We want them to disappear," Selenskyj said. At first, Russia refused, "then they offered us some bags". They were rubbish bags, said the Ukrainian president, "you don't even treat a dog or a cat like that when it dies".

Russia's media watchdog Roskomnadzor wants to prevent the publication of the interview with Selenskyj. "Roskomnadzor is notifying Russian media of the need to refrain from publishing the interview," the agency announced. Roskomnadzor also announced a review of all media outlets that carried the Selenskyj interview to determine "the extent of responsibility and response measures". Russia's Prosecutor General's Office announced a "legal assessment of the content of the published remarks". Among the Russian journalists who spoke to Selenskyj via video link was a reporter from the well-known Moscow daily "Kommersant". According to its own statements, the opposition newspaper Novaya Gazeta supported the interview. Both papers did not publish Selenskyj's words at first. The media Meduza and Doschd, whose pages are already blocked in Russia, were also represented. The Meduza portal published the interview, which lasted about one and a half hours, on its site on Sunday evening, despite the media supervisory authority's warning, and it can still be accessed via alternative internet connections and from abroad, for example.

Meduza: «Это не просто война. Все гораздо хуже» Интервью Владимира Зеленского Ивану Колпакову, Михаилу Зыгарю, Тихону Дзядко и Владимиру Соловьеву из «Коммерсанта» ("It's not just war. It's much worse" Interview by Vladimir Zelensky with Ivan Kolpakov, Mikhail Zygar, Tikhon Dzyadko and Vladimir Solovyov from Kommersant)

eurocelticyankee

Mon 28 Mar, 2022 04:02 am
Lets just hope the Russians don't follow the example of the Israelis.

Besides stealing the land they could refuse the right of return for all the Ukrainian refugees and bar them from their land forever.
Just as the Israelis have done.

As for the remaining Ukrainians they could enclose them in 2 or 3 cities and control their supply of food, water, medicine, power, basically everything.
Nothing getting in without permission of the Russians and any attempt at humanitarian assistance will be violently opposed.
Just as the Israelis do.

They could also impose checkpoints everywhere on the Ukrainians where they could abuse and humiliate them on a daily basis.
Just as the Israelis do.

And if any Ukrainians dared to try and fight back, well then they could collectively punish them with air strikes and tanks destroying what pitiful bit of infrastructure they have left. Schools and hospitals being legitimate targets.
Just like the Israelis do.

And God help any Ukrainian family whose son tried to fight back, their family homes would be destroyed.
Just like the Israelis do.

If the Ukrainians tried to protest en mass, well the Russians could send in snipers to shoot maybe 50+ of them armed or not. (with stones).
Just as the Israelis did.

Like I said lets hope the Russians are not as bad as the Israelis.

bobsal u1553115

Mon 28 Mar, 2022 06:24 am
@eurocelticyankee,
I agree with all of that.

I'll wait for the resident right wingers to post and I'll stand with you.
bobsal u1553115

Mon 28 Mar, 2022 06:30 am
@Walter Hinteler,
As opposed to the US who almost fetishizes our dead in uniform.

One promise that is made in boot camp over and over: The US does not desert the dead and wounded and POWS.

Was it Bush who wanted the dead to arrive at Bethesda at night so photographers would have no easy shot? Trump had to be dragged to recieve the dead just ONCE.
0 Replies

Lash

Mon 28 Mar, 2022 08:31 am
@eurocelticyankee,

I'll wait for the resident Dem Inc. Pelosi / Israel lackeys and misguided religionists to post and I'll stand with you.
Walter Hinteler

Mon 28 Mar, 2022 08:34 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Will Zelenskiy’s interview with Russian media make a difference in war?
Quote:
[...]

The easiest way for Russians to see what Zelenskiy said is on social media.
More than 112,000 people have watched the interview in Russian on Zygar’s YouTube page and some quotes have been shared on Telegram. Russians need a VPN to read websites like TV Rain or Meduza.

On Monday, Novaya Gazeta announced it was halting operations because it had received a second warning for violating Russia’s “foreign agents” law, most likely in retaliation for the interview with Zelenskiy. The newspaper would cease to publish new material until the end of the “special military operation”, the official term in Russia for its war in Ukraine. The decision marks the temporary closure of Russia’s largest remaining independent media.

[...]

How did it go down with the Kremlin?
Poorly. By Monday afternoon, the Kremlin claimed Vladimir Putin still had not read what was said in the interview and that any meeting between Zelenskiy and Russian president at the moment would only be “counterproductive”. ...

[...]

How will it have gone down with people in Russia who did see it?
Russian society is polarised, so it is unlikely an interview is going to change many minds. Those who read outlets like Meduza or TV Rain are far more likely to be opposed to the war, so they will probably be receptive to Zelenskiy’s point of view and want the Kremlin to abandon its invasion of Ukraine. But the fact that it hasn’t been run by more mainstream outlets means many Russians will not see the interview, or will only see what the state media eventually chooses to publish from it.
0 Replies

Glennn

Mon 28 Mar, 2022 08:36 am
@Lash,
Ditto!
0 Replies

Lash

Mon 28 Mar, 2022 08:42 am
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

I'll wait for the resident right wingers to post and I'll stand with you.

https://abcnews.go.com/amp/International/wireStory/pelosi-jerusalem-us-support-israel-ironclad-82922628
Ironclad Nancy says Israel can do no wrong.

Headline and blurb:

Pelosi in Jerusalem: US support for Israel is 'ironclad'
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi says the relationship between the United States and Israel is “ironclad.”

—————

Sounds like Israel’s best mercenary is the US’ third in line to the throne.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Putin's war
  3. » Page 46
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/02/2024 at 09:07:00