Putin's war

bobsal u1553115

Thu 24 Mar, 2022 10:48 pm
Russian officials may soon need to call up more conscripts and reservists to replace their heavy losses in Ukraine
Abbie Shull
8 hours ago
Russian troops Ukraine tensions

Russia may soon need to replenish the heavy losses of its invasion force with more reservists and conscripts. Russian Defense Ministry Press Service/Associated Press

NATO estimates Russia has lost as many as 15,000 troops during its invasion of Ukraine

These heavy losses combined with an unexpected show of Ukrainian resistance mean Russia is likely looking to call up its reservists or conscripts.

The UK Ministry of Defense also said Russia is likely to call upon private military companies and foreign mercenaries.

UK officials believe Putin's conscript or reservist manpower may soon be called upon to to replace the heavy losses Russia has suffered in Ukraine.

On Thursday, the UK's Ministry of Defence said "Russia is likely now looking to mobilize its reservist and conscript manpower, as well as private military companies and foreign mercenaries, to replace these considerable losses."

But the US has seen "no tangible indications of reinforcements being brought in from elsewhere in the country" according to a senior US defense official told reporters on Tuesday.

NATO estimates Russia between 7,000 and 15,000 Russian troops have been killed in Ukraine and the US believes "the Russians may be slightly below a 90 percent level of assessed available combat power," according to the senior defense official.

The UK's ministry of defense previously said Russia will likely "use these forces to hold captured territory and free up its combat power to renew stalled offensive operations," according to a report from CNN.

The US also also not seen evidence of foreign fighters being flown into Ukraine; however, a senior US defense official told reporters the Wagner Group is active in Ukraine. TheWagner Group — a shadowy private military group with close ties to the Russian government — has been connected to Russian-backed separatists in Ukraine since 2014.

Former mercenaries who worked for the Wagner Group say they were contacted weeks before the Russian invasion of Ukraine began, according to a report from the BBC. Several said they were invited to "picnic in Ukraine" and that they were "recruiting anyone and everyone," including those who had been banned from other mercenary groups.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Fri 25 Mar, 2022 05:49 am
The Russian ambassador to Italy, Sergei Razov, has announced that he is suing the Italian newspaper "La Stampa" over an article that raised the possibility of the assassination of President Vladimir Putin.

"It goes without saying that this is against the rules of journalism and morality," Rasov said in Rome in front of the prosecutor's building after filing the lawsuit.

On 22 March, "La Stampa" published an analysis with the headline "When killing the tyrant is the only option". It said that if all other options failed to stop the Russian invasion of Ukraine, the only solution was to kill the president.

Through a translator, Razov said his lawsuit accused the newspaper of inciting and condoning a crime. "La Stampa" did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
La Stampa
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Fri 25 Mar, 2022 07:23 am
Russia attacked Ukraine, the West imposed sanctions: Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov has now reacted to this in Nazi style.

He used an absurd comparison: with regard to the sanctions, he spoke of an "all-out war" directed against Moscow. "Today they have declared a real hybrid war, total war," Lavrov said at a meeting with representatives of a diplomatic foundation, according to the state agency Tass.
"This term [totaler Krieg], which was used in Hitler's Germany, is now uttered by European politicians when they talk about what they want to do with the Russian Federation."

It is not known that publicly known EU politicians have stooped to the choice of words "total war" in recent weeks
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Fri 25 Mar, 2022 08:22 am
https://i.imgur.com/LX0vpvu.jpg
snood

Fri 25 Mar, 2022 10:54 am
@bobsal u1553115,
My EYES!!! Oh God, MY EYYYYYYYEEEEEESSSS!!!!!!!!
engineer

Fri 25 Mar, 2022 11:58 am
Russia looks like it is setting up a way out.
https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/russia-says-first-phase-ukraine-operation-mostly-complete-focus-now-donbass-2022-03-25/

Quote:
In a scaled-back formulation of its war goals, Russia said on Friday that the first phase of its military operation was mostly complete and it would focus on completely "liberating" Ukraine's breakaway eastern Donbass region.

The announcement appeared to indicate that Moscow may be switching to more limited objectives after running into fierce Ukrainian resistance in a month of war.

The defence ministry said Russian-backed separatists now controlled 93% of Ukraine's Luhansk region and 54% of the Donetsk region. They jointly make up the Donbass.

"The main objectives of the first stage of the operation have generally been accomplished," Sergei Rudskoi, head of the Russian General Staff's Main Operational Directorate, said in a speech.

"The combat potential of the Armed Forces of Ukraine has been considerably reduced, which ... makes it possible to focus our core efforts on achieving the main goal, the liberation of Donbass."

Lash

Fri 25 Mar, 2022 12:17 pm
@engineer,
I hope you’re right.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Fri 25 Mar, 2022 01:32 pm
@snood,
Poop! I forgot the NSFW tag! Man, I'm sorry - send me the bill from the ophthalmologist.
0 Replies

Real Music

Fri 25 Mar, 2022 02:47 pm
@Lash,

Lash wrote:
Quote:
Assassination of Putin seems to be the best path forward. Of course, better not miss.

Lash wrote:
Quote:
I think he is the driving force behind this reconstitution of the USSR. Russian citizens aren’t behind it.

Lash wrote:
Quote:
Putin’s getting older, pines for when he was a global power, and is insinuating that he’d use nukes to get what he wants.

Lash wrote:
Quote:
I think all paths lead to a world war featuring nuclear weapons.

Lash wrote:
Quote:
Time to wake up spooks in Russia.
Lash

Fri 25 Mar, 2022 02:49 pm
@Real Music,
Thanks for showcasing some of my best posts. I guess I’ll try to repay the favor?
0 Replies

Real Music

Fri 25 Mar, 2022 02:52 pm
@Lash,

Lash wrote:
Quote:
The Ukrainian people are incredibly brave.

Lash wrote:
Quote:
I’ve heard so much audio and seen interviews that really compel respect.
0 Replies

Lash

Fri 25 Mar, 2022 02:55 pm
Some of my best work!
(Accepts flowers from small child, waves to the large crowd)
0 Replies

Lash

Fri 25 Mar, 2022 02:58 pm
@Lash,

You seem to have missed a few, tho, Real Music, but I know you do love to cherry pick.
0 Replies

Real Music

Fri 25 Mar, 2022 02:59 pm
@Lash,

Lash wrote:
Quote:
Trump would have likely blundered into aiding Putin.
0 Replies

Lash

Fri 25 Mar, 2022 03:00 pm
I think Real Music is auditioning to be my lawyer?🤓
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Fri 25 Mar, 2022 03:44 pm
Sanctioned Russian oligarch says he's struggling to pay bills and can't employ a cleaner or driver
A sanctioned Russian oligarch has said he's struggling to pay bills and isn't sure if he'll be able to employ a cleaner or driver.

In an interview with the Financial Times published Friday, Petr Aven, whose wealth is estimated by Bloomberg to be around $5.6 billion, said: "We don't understand how to survive."

In the interview, Aven also asked the question: "Will I be allowed to have a cleaner, or a driver?" and added: "I don't drive a car... maybe my stepdaughter will drive."

Aven was sanctioned by the EU on February 28 and described as "one of Vladimir Putin's closest oligarchs." He was also sanctioned by the UK on March 15 because of his complicity in Russia's invasion of Ukraine, Foreign Secretary Liz Truss said at the time.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/sanctioned-russian-oligarch-says-hes-125426997.html
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Sat 26 Mar, 2022 02:05 am
Criticism of the war in Ukraine is becoming even more difficult in Russia: a new law criminalises alleged false news about state organs abroad.
Such censorship already applied to the military.
Builder

Sat 26 Mar, 2022 02:16 am
@Walter Hinteler,
According to whom, Walter?

You didn't answer my last question regarding your personal slant on the situation and here you are again, not giving clarification for your assumptions.
Walter Hinteler

Sat 26 Mar, 2022 03:12 am
@Builder,
Builder wrote:
According to whom, Walter?
I got that info from the official Kremlin website.

According to this, "public dissemination of deliberately false information under the guise of truthful communications" is punishable by fines of between 700,000 roubles and 1.5 million roubles or imprisonment for up to three years.
The penalties for public officials who commit such acts are much harsher - with fines of between three and five million roubles or penal camps of between five and ten years. In the case of particularly severe consequences for the dissemination of such false news, up to 15 years imprisonment are threatened.

A separate law (see above linked official website) also makes it illegal to discredit the work of Russian state organs abroad.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Sat 26 Mar, 2022 03:36 am
@Builder,
Builder wrote:
You didn't answer my last question regarding your personal slant on the situation and here you are again, not giving clarification for your assumptions.
Regarding your "last question":
I assume, it's when you called me a "foramen podicis" (in English) plus a bit more, but deleted it later?

1. Forums
  2. » Putin's war
  3. » Page 45
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/17/2024 at 02:06:16