Putin's war

glitterbag

Thu 10 Mar, 2022 04:15 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
But then, WHY ARENT WE SHOUTING ABOUT?????? There must be thousands and thousands of official memos announcing U.S. Savings Bonds and the deadline, baby showers, there's a birthday cake in the Conference Room for Shirley's birthday, and dammit, I want to see them.
0 Replies

Builder

Fri 11 Mar, 2022 04:02 am
@Albuquerque,
Quote:
Because any semi competent not comatose democratic elected Russian leader would never let the west get Ukraine period.

And this brain-dead crew here simply won't accept that the Obama admin was actively asserting their own puppets into Ukraine's admin.

Creepy Joe bragged about it.

Putin has been warning them about the repurcussions for ages now.

It's not like this is something out of the blue.
bobsal u1553115

Fri 11 Mar, 2022 07:21 am

Putin overestimated ability to bypass sanctions with cryptocurrency, FBI boss says | U.S. & World
by Angela
March 10, 2022

https://indexedworldnews.com/2022/03/10/putin-overestimated-ability-to-bypass-sanctions-with-cryptocurrency-fbi-boss-says-u-s-world/

FBI Director Christopher Wray said Thursday that the Russians “highly overestimated” their ability to circumvent international sanctions through the use of cryptocurrency.

Wray added that there have been some “very significant seizures” of Russian-owned cryptocurrency since Russian President Vladimir Putin launched his invasion of Ukraine in late February.

“The Russians’ ability to circumvent the sanctions with cryptocurrency is probably highly overestimated on the part of maybe them and others,” Wray said Thursday during a hearing before the Senate Intelligence Committee. “We are, as a community and with our partners overseas, far more effective on that than I think sometimes they appreciate.”

BIDEN TO ISSUE CRYPTO EXECUTIVE ORDER AMID FEARS OF RUSSIA EVADING SANCTIONS

“We have built up significant expertise both at the FBI and with some of our partners, and there have been some very significant seizures and other efforts that I think have exposed the vulnerability of cryptocurrency as a way to get around sanctions,” Wray added.

Wray’s comments were an apparent dig at cryptocurrency critics such as Sen. Elizabeth Warren, a Massachusetts Democrat, who has labeled digital decentralized currencies a threat to national security and has suggested Russian oligarchs are actively bypassing economic sanctions through their use.

“We’re going after two things: trying to squeeze the Russian economy and also trying to squeeze those oligarchs, right? The problem is, we’re doing that only through the formal banking system,” Warren said Tuesday. “Those oligarchs can move a lot of money or store a lot of money or hide a lot of money through crypto.”

Warren warned Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen in a letter last Wednesday that Russian actors may use cryptocurrency as a tool for sanctions evasion.

“Strong enforcement of sanctions compliance in the cryptocurrency industry is critical given that digital assets, which allow entities to bypass the traditional financial system, may increasingly be used as a tool for sanctions evasion,” Warren said in the letter, which was also signed by Senate Intelligence Committee Chairman Mark Warner, Banking Committee Chairman Sherrod Brown, and Armed Services Committee Chairman Jack Reed.

Republican lawmakers have also expressed concern that Russians may leverage cryptocurrencies to evade sanctions.

“Cryptocurrency is rearing its ugly head here,” Sen. Lindsey Graham said last week. “As you sanction the [Russian] central bank, which is a good thing, I worry about how the cryptocurrency could be used by the Russians to stay afloat.”

But a Treasury Department official told NBC News on Tuesday that Russians won’t find cryptocurrency an effective tool to evade sanctions.

“It will be extremely challenging to evade our sanctions without detection,” the unnamed official told NBC News. “Treasury has been significantly increasing its ability to track virtual currency transactions via partnerships across the [federal government] and with the private sector.”

Coinbase, the largest cryptocurrency exchange in the United States, announced Monday it blocked 25,000 accounts linked to Russian people and entities that the company believed to be “engaging in illicit activity.”

Coinbase Chief Legal Officer Paul Grewal explained that cryptocurrency transactions are “traceable, permanent, and public” and that digital assets “have properties that naturally deter common approaches to sanctions evasion.”

President Joe Biden signed an executive order Wednesday ordering the federal government to create assessments and action plans to mitigate the risks that illicit use of digital currencies pose to the financial and national security sectors.

Biden’s order also accelerates the research and development of an official U.S. Central Bank Digital Currency “should issuance be deemed in the national interest.”

Original Location: Putin overestimated ability to bypass sanctions with cryptocurrency, FBI boss says

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=videoseries
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Fri 11 Mar, 2022 07:21 am
@Builder,
Builder wrote:
the Obama admin was actively asserting their own puppets into Ukraine's admin.
But you should admit that 108 protesters puppets, as you call them, were murdered.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Fri 11 Mar, 2022 07:31 am
A Soviet era drone rushed inthe Croatian capital Zagreb last night, it was seen flying over Hungary for forty minutes before entering Croatoa and rushing in the capital.

Whether or not their one was being used by Russia or Ukraine has yet to be established.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Fri 11 Mar, 2022 07:39 am
https://images.dailykos.com/images/1046616/story_image/1577ckCOMICtrumpssimpsons-ukraine.png
Walter Hinteler

Fri 11 Mar, 2022 10:00 am
https://i.imgur.com/nxcZW81l.jpg
The house where Vladimir Putin served from 1985 to 1990 is now a Rudolf Steiner house. Of all places, the villa where the Dresden branch of the KGB resided is now home to the local branch of the Anthroposophical Society.
It's not a joke, it just sounds like one.

This is where Putin is said to have got his chop, his resentment against weakness.
It is the story told again and again these days of the slim, blond man who explained to them there, in remarkable calm and perfect German, that the house was guarded by armed men and that he had given orders to shoot if anyone tried to enter. Fortunately, the revolution of that time is now called the "peaceful" one. But anyone who was there remembers enough revolutionaries for whom this adjective would not have immediately come to mind. And especially on that evening, it was not only the level-headed civil rights beards with the "no violence" sashes who were out and about. But the announcement of the slender man, who seemed to have the broad firepower of Soviet power at his back, intimidated even the most heated.

It was only years later that Putin's version of the story came to the world: that in truth he had nothing at all at his back, Moscow did not answer the phone, he had felt alone and powerless when he confronted the threatening crowd. Since then, the thesis has been put forward - sometimes more, sometimes less clearly - that it was this confrontation and this place, Dresden, Angelikastrasse 4, where Putin got his licks in, as they say here. This obsession with power and strength and control. The resentment against weakness. And this vindictiveness against the West.

By the way, you can easily drive through the city in Putin's footsteps, maybe that will at least strengthen your understanding.
For example, from Angelikastraße it takes three minutes to get to Radeberger Straße 101, where Putin lived with his wife and two daughters, 2 1/2-room, prefabricated building, cul-de-sac to the edge of the forest, was already considered at the time to be a secluded settlement for "the organs" and the sharpest contrast imaginable to the feudal villas in the streets with the women's first names next door. The people who live in the block of flats today are said to be somewhat annoyed by the tour groups who stubbornly assume that there is a Putin museum there.

The only thing they can still visit today is the "Bierbar Am Thor", where the former "Straße der Befreiung" flows into the former "Platz der Einheit", and where Putin liked to drink a Radeberger after work, according to contemporary witnesses. Radeberger Straße and Radeberger beer - the life circles and pleasures of the current ruler of the largest country on earth were quite clear back then. Nevertheless, Putin's wife later declared the Dresden years to be the couple's happiest. (Translated [and slightly edited with own personal knowledge] from a Spddeutsche Zeitung report.)
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Fri 11 Mar, 2022 10:57 am
Ukraine is the fourth largest exporter of wheat in the world. Lebanon imports 50 per cent of its wheat requirements from Ukraine, Yemen 22 per cent and Tunisia 42 per cent. Egypt imports 80 per cent from Ukraine and Russia, and Ukraine is also the main supplier of sunflower oil and maize for the country on the Nile.

"Info Note" - UN Food and Agriculture Organizatio
0 Replies

izzythepush

Fri 11 Mar, 2022 11:01 am
India has ties with Russia and is one of the few countries to abstain in the UN vote condemning Russian aggression.

It's also just fired a missile into Pakistan which it blames on a technical error and has apologised.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Fri 11 Mar, 2022 03:00 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Vladimir Putin reportedly fires eight generals
Source: EuroWeekly

Russian President Vladimir Putin has fired eight of his generals since the start of his ‘special operation’, according to Oleksiy Danilov, the head of Ukraine’s security council. Putin is rumoured to be livid over the slow advance on Kyiv by his military forces, coupled with the estimated high losses, which has led to him wielding the axe on his commanders.

The FSB security service has also apparently felt Putin’s anger too, with claims that the Russian leader is fuming over reports handed to him prior to the invasion which informed him that Ukraine was weak, and would roll over once attacked. Several of his high-ranking commanders have also been killed in action.

Speaking to The Times, a former senior British intelligence officer, Philip Ingram, said, “He blames them for seeding him the advice that led to the poor decision-making in Ukraine”. Adding that Putin is obviously very upset at the poor intelligence.

Danilov told state television in Ukraine, “They had about eight generals removed from their posts because they did not complete the task. Now new ones have been appointed. We clearly understand what is happening in the Russian Federation. I can say that they are desperate”.

Read more: https://euroweeklynews.com/2022/03/11/vladimir-putin-reportedly-fires-eight-generals/
0 Replies

snood

Fri 11 Mar, 2022 04:01 pm
https://i.imgur.com/IR1HGsY.jpg
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Fri 11 Mar, 2022 05:42 pm
@Builder,
I don't care about, Obama did what, Trump bull crap, or Biden vengeance. I have no political angle here! I care about the ACTUAL cause of this war, GAS!...

Countries in the situation Ukraine was stay neutral because they know better, unless their leaders are dumb period!

I also have a deep disdain for hypocrisy so I don't give a **** on who gets pissed by what I say write or think out loud, it is their problem not mine, pick ignore function and the problem is solved!
Lash

Fri 11 Mar, 2022 05:43 pm
Tell me if I’m wrong, but wasn’t there a rebellion in Ukraine against Stalin that resulted in Stalin blockading Ukraine? Didn’t he starve them?

Lash

Fri 11 Mar, 2022 05:57 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

Tell me if I’m wrong, but wasn’t there a rebellion in Ukraine against Stalin that resulted in Stalin blockading Ukraine? Didn’t he starve them?

Ukrainians might be a different breed.
0 Replies

Lash

Fri 11 Mar, 2022 06:00 pm
https://www.nytimes.com/2005/09/18/movies/even-the-sunflowers-are-illuminated.html

Remembering.
Ukraine
Russia
Jews
Sunflowers
0 Replies

Builder

Sat 12 Mar, 2022 02:31 am
@Albuquerque,
Quote:
I don't care about, Obama did what, Trump bull crap, or Biden vengeance. I have no political angle here!

Then you're in denial of the first law of physics; cause and effect.

Every action results in an equal and opposite reaction.
Walter Hinteler

Sat 12 Mar, 2022 03:36 am
@Builder,
I'd thought that Philosophiae Naturalis Principia Mathematica form the foundation of classical mechanics.
Good to know that's a principle in political sciences as well.
Builder

Sat 12 Mar, 2022 03:43 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
Good to know that's a principle in political sciences as well.

Every aspect of life is physical, Walter.

I'm not at all surprised that fact has escaped your increasingly dull comprehension. '
Walter Hinteler

Sat 12 Mar, 2022 03:46 am
@Builder,
Builder wrote:
I'm not at all surprised that fact has escaped your increasingly dull comprehension.
What do you expect with dull university professors teachen political science?
izzythepush

Sat 12 Mar, 2022 03:46 am
Putin is using mercenaries and not very good mercenaries at that, apparently, "those with criminal records, debts, banned from mercenary groups or without a external passport," are all urged to apply.

The new mercenaries are called hawks because the older more professional wagner group does not want to be associated with them.

That's right,less professional than wagner.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Putin's war
  3. » Page 29
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 05/05/2024 at 06:29:03