Putin's war

Walter Hinteler

Tue 8 Mar, 2022 09:37 am
@engineer,
engineer wrote:
There are different categories of "Russian troops".
EXPLAINER ON RUSSIAN CONSCRIPTION, RESERVE, AND MOBILIZATION
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Tue 8 Mar, 2022 11:11 am
Adding a different aspect of the war, we have to deal with here in Germany:

an estimated six to eight million Russian-speaking people live in Germany. The majority of them are German nationals: ethnic Germans who came from the former Soviet Union — largely from Russia, Ukraine, and Kazakhstan. They are the descendants of settlers from German-speaking Central Europe, who moved to various regions of the Russian Empire since the second half of the 18th century.
Resettlement to West Germany started in the 1950s, but two million of them came to Germany in the 1990s.
They tend to hold conservative family values.
In recent years, the "Russian Germans" attracted media attention when it emerged that a large number of them supported the far-right nationalist populists of the Alternative for Germany (AfD) party.

So before the war began, the Russians were labelled AfD sympathizers; now they are seen as Putin sympathizers: the aggression against them happens at schools, on public transport, in everyday life.
Although this is not yet a widespread trend, the reports about it are coming in more often every day.
0 Replies

Builder

Tue 8 Mar, 2022 07:24 pm
An admission of US biolabs in the Ukraine.

Might explain creepy Joe's reticence in engaging Putin openly.

Quote:
Putin was right with everything
And she must know, she organized the regime change and was complicit in installing the labs
5 billion bucks the EU Nuland..
Funding was secured by a former senator from Illinois
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Tue 8 Mar, 2022 08:00 pm
@hightor,
hightor wrote:

Quote:
I'm getting extremely angry about the thousands of bullsh*t accusations Trump gets from liberals.

I apologize if you think my criticism was "bullsh*t". But, honestly, I don't think shaming our allies in public and displaying a disunited front is ever a good move.

Telling them to pay what they pledged was right, proper, overdue, and not excessive.

hightor wrote:

Quote:
He was even belittled once in the liberal news for taking a sip of water during a speech.

That was because he tries to portray himself as physically fit but had so much difficulty picking the glass up with one hand.

He didn't have so much difficulty, but even if he had, the criticism would have been ridiculous. This kind of thing makes me really, personally despise liberals.

hightor wrote:

Quote:
...I'd also make noises about leaving if they didn't, and so would you.

But I wouldn't make a public spectacle out of it and give comfort to those opposed to the aims of the organization.

Same as the first response.
bobsal u1553115

Tue 8 Mar, 2022 08:00 pm
Russian oligarch Vladimir Lisin comes out against Putin by calling for immediate end to Ukraine war
Source: Cityam

Oligarch Vladimir Lisin, the chairman and main shareholder of the NLMK Group, one of Russia’s largest steel makers, has called for an immediate end to the Russian war in Ukraine. The Moscow-based billionaire reportedly sent a letter to NLMK staff, which was subsequently widely shared on social networks. The steel tycoon wrote that “the death of people in Ukraine is a tragedy that is hard to justify or explain.”

In the letter, Lisin, together with the board of directors, expressed hope that the war would end soon and they urged Putin and other leaders to find a peaceful, diplomatic resolution. A spokesman for the company confirmed to various news outlets the authenticity of the letter. Lisin is not the first oligarch to go against the Russian government. Yesterday, Russian oligarch Oleg Deripaska reacted to a speech by American historian Yuval Noah Harari about the Russia-Ukraine war.

He said he agreed that the war should end as soon as possible. Practically every Western governments have imposed severe sanctions on many Russian oligarchs considered to be close to the Kremlin and Vladimir Putin. However, so far Lisin has managed to avoid the sanctions.

Read more: https://www.cityam.com/man-of-steel-russian-oligarch-vladimir-lisin-comes-out-against-putin-by-calling-for-immediate-end-to-ukraine-war/
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Tue 8 Mar, 2022 08:02 pm
@engineer,
Telling them to begin paying what they had long promised to pay, and stop putting most of it on us was right and proper. Anyone doing so would have made noises about leaving if they didn't comply. I would have, with zero actual intention to leave.
Brandon9000

Tue 8 Mar, 2022 08:09 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

Brandon, take a serious look at your posting.

Izzy may has short shrift for carnival barkers such as yourself, but he is always honest and factually extremely well informed.

Personal insults are the lowest form of debate and are used by people who cannot or will not support their positions with actual arguments.
bobsal u1553115

Tue 8 Mar, 2022 08:17 pm
@Brandon9000,
Quote:
Personal insults are the lowest form of debate and are used by people who cannot or will not support their positions with actual arguments.

Odd. You can cite the principle, but not grasp the principle. Are you also irony-blind?
roger

Tue 8 Mar, 2022 09:22 pm
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:

Telling them to begin paying what they had long promised to pay, and stop putting most of it on us was right and proper. Anyone doing so would have made noises about leaving if they didn't comply. I would have, with zero actual intention to leave.

And, to whom are they supposed to be making payments?
glitterbag

Tue 8 Mar, 2022 11:03 pm
@roger,
I would love to hear the answer to that, or at least who they THINK is collecting the 'payments'.
roger

Tue 8 Mar, 2022 11:24 pm
@glitterbag,
I'm recalling a news clip with Trump meeting Merkel on stage. The blithering idiot tried to present her with an IOU. Fine, but you've got to have the right sense of humor.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Wed 9 Mar, 2022 05:26 am
@Brandon9000,
Talking out of your arse is all you do.

You don't know what the truth is.

You don't argue, or come close to it, you repeat a lot of lies and then deny doing it.

You spent the whole of Trump's presidency and now you're hoping everyone else has your goldfish memory.

If that were the case we'd all still be living in trees.
hightor

Wed 9 Mar, 2022 05:58 am
@Brandon9000,
Quote:
Telling them to pay what they pledged was right, proper, overdue, and not excessive.

Same as the first response.
Quote:
But, honestly, I don't think shaming our allies in public and displaying a disunited front is ever a good move.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Wed 9 Mar, 2022 06:43 am
Russian oligarch Vladimir Lisin comes out against Putin by calling for immediate end to Ukraine war
Source: Cityam

Oligarch Vladimir Lisin, the chairman and main shareholder of the NLMK Group, one of Russia’s largest steel makers, has called for an immediate end to the Russian war in Ukraine. The Moscow-based billionaire reportedly sent a letter to NLMK staff, which was subsequently widely shared on social networks. The steel tycoon wrote that “the death of people in Ukraine is a tragedy that is hard to justify or explain.”

In the letter, Lisin, together with the board of directors, expressed hope that the war would end soon and they urged Putin and other leaders to find a peaceful, diplomatic resolution. A spokesman for the company confirmed to various news outlets the authenticity of the letter. Lisin is not the first oligarch to go against the Russian government. Yesterday, Russian oligarch Oleg Deripaska reacted to a speech by American historian Yuval Noah Harari about the Russia-Ukraine war.

He said he agreed that the war should end as soon as possible. Practically every Western governments have imposed severe sanctions on many Russian oligarchs considered to be close to the Kremlin and Vladimir Putin. However, so far Lisin has managed to avoid the sanctions.

Read more: https://www.cityam.com/man-of-steel-russian-oligarch-vladimir-lisin-comes-out-against-putin-by-calling-for-immediate-end-to-ukraine-war/
0 Replies

engineer

Wed 9 Mar, 2022 06:45 am
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:

Behind closed doors, sure. But again, there are countries that make contributions that are not measured in dollars and railing against NATO in public is both bad diplomacy and bad defense policy.
izzythepush

Wed 9 Mar, 2022 07:06 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

You spent the whole of Trump's presidency and now you're hoping everyone else has your goldfish memory.

This was meant to read you spent the whole of Trump's presidency praising Putin...
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Wed 9 Mar, 2022 09:04 am
@engineer,
Just a little fact for Brandon's canard about who pays what to whom re: Nato.

We won't discuss the money Nato puts into the coffers of the largest industrial military economy : the US.

https://www.forces.net/news/world/nato-which-countries-pay-their-share-defence
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Wed 9 Mar, 2022 10:01 am
https://i.imgur.com/BCuEI1j.png
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Wed 9 Mar, 2022 10:11 am
Donald Trump “admired” Vladimir Putin’s ability to kill anyone he wanted, according to his former White House press secretary Stephanie Grisham.

Twitter
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Wed 9 Mar, 2022 01:15 pm
As I warned a weak ago the West is now going sober on the "Zolenskyy effect" and how it could potentially trigger an escalation if it doesn't go away:

Side note, the argument that this is a war between dictators and democrats is patently false and intends to simplify and misinform the general public.

I am totally convinced a Russian Democratic elected President would invade Ukraine exactly like Putin did...for much less the USA went to Iraq under the pretence of weapons of mass destruction which were never found to control the oil prices! Ukraine with its new found gas reserves and with Westernization is indeed a danger on the long run for Russian interests, and as such it should have staid neutral and quiet. Sadly their leadership was lead to believe falsely the West would have their backs which is and was an impossible promise...Zelenskyy get tough policy is a disaster both for Russia as for the West and might indeed start WWIII.
We all know, or should know, the so called Fog of War and misinformation is not a one sided affair!

1. Forums
  2. » Putin's war
  3. » Page 27
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/02/2024 at 09:04:21