A Couple Of Down Home Requests

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2003 01:42 pm
Being more of a new switch over to A@K even though many of you know me from Abuzz I would like to address two things I heard on the news in my usual style, and knowing that people here are more sensitive to language and rhetoric than they are at Abuzz, I will ask you to let me know if I'm out of line.

Here goes.

To George Bush and Tony Blair who in one week have switched to "We're going to shock and awe them and get in and get out quickly" to " We're not talking about or concerned with schedules we're concerned with victory", I would like to say PLEASE PLEASE

"Don't pis s down my back and tell me it's raining"

To Donald Rumsfeld who said today that it is his wish that the iraqis will rise up against Saddam and therefore make it unesscessary to send troops into Iraq, I think I can speak for a majority of people both pro and against war, both republican and democrat, in saying with all due respect

"Wish in one hand and sh1t in the other and see which one fills up the fastest".

And let me close my by saying something I'm actually pretty tired of having to say but apparently so many people have a hard time getting it.

I can support our troops and I can honor the lives of those who have and do serve without supporting this war.

I don't have to love George Bush to love America.

Thanks.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 735 • Replies: 6
No top replies

maxsdadeo

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2003 06:31 pm
Oh good!

I can see that I may continue to cross swords with you, good friend, albeit in a more pristine environ.

By any measurement, this war is going extremely well for the coalition.

Were we not so concerned with "collateral damage" it would be going even quicker.

Which would YOU prefer we emphasize?
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2003 07:02 pm
Yeah you're a little out of line there, bear...

Piss and **** are allowed over here; we just don't use them.
0 Replies

maxsdadeo

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2003 07:16 pm
Why, PDiddie, I beg to differ.

Your posts are chock full of both!!http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/pyth.gif
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2003 08:17 pm
Yes, Bi, I think you are a little out of line. I was @ Abuzz and it was fun but it could get nasty. I'd hate to see the same thing happen here.
Here I will see a question or a comment that causes me to stop and think. What did that "poster" mean? What point was he/she trying to articulate? (There was a conversation the other evening I was involved in with folks from the US, UK, Germany, Israel and the Netherlands).
I reckon that the difference between Abuzz and this place is that on the former everyone is an expert and can yell pretty loudly; here we try to discuss things without rancor,
Does that make any sense?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2003 08:22 pm
Good on ya, Bi-P. Will squinney be joining us as well? Has she already?
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2003 08:27 pm
BPB
Out of line or not, I couldn't have said it better myself.
0 Replies