a request for help for a sad boy.

Gino120

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2022 06:08 pm
The girl I like doesn't like me:
After 2 years of hitting on her and telling her I want her she eventually leaves with another guy. And now I am very sad and I feel very bad.
What can I do?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 6 • Views: 1,073 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Mame

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2022 06:20 pm
@Gino120,
Go find someone else! She obviously wasn't interested, Gino. Get over it.
jespah

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2022 06:22 pm
@Mame,
This^

Learning how to take rejection is an important life skill
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2022 08:27 pm
@Gino120,
Oh, and stop "hitting" on women. It's annoying and you miss out on someone unfolding to you. You give the impression hormones are the only thing driving your intentions,

I think it's past time to cut bait and come up with a new strategy before inflicting two years of unceasing 'come-ons' on some poor young woman.
tsarstepan

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2022 08:34 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

Oh, and stop "hitting" on women. It's annoying and you miss out on someone unfolding to you. You give the impression hormones are the only thing driving your intentions,

I think it's past time to cut bait and come up with a new strategy before inflicting two years of unceasing 'come-ons' on some poor young woman.

Yep. After a certain point, it goes from persistent romantic to outright toxic stalking. My advice for the OP is to ...

1. move on and leave that poor girl alone. SHE AIN'T INTO YOU. THAT'S HER PREROGATIVE. PERSISTENT PURSUIT IS NO LONGER TOLERABLE.
2. get therapy/counseling if you can't get past this (not-so)romantic obsession before you get hurt or you hurt someone else (emotionally or physically).
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2022 08:40 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Agreed. But he called himself a 'boy', so I withheld my comments.

The points I'm thinking about are:

1. How long this would have continued had she not left?

2. What's wrong with his understanding that after two years he still doesn't get that she's not interested? What could have possibly given him any hope after the first few rejections?

3. Maybe he has misused the phrase 'hitting on'? We don't know his age so he might just have meant "said to her" or something innocuous.

At any rate, how can you still be besotted after two years of trying? He should have moved on within the first 3 or 4 tries. After that, he's just harassing her.
0 Replies