Believe me, you could be the next Einstein!

dinsa

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2005 04:21 am
Hey guys
I am writing an article where I discuss what can be done to make the brain work better with age. Through this forum, I wish to know what you chaps out there feel about some aspects of the brain/mind. If I like your ideas I may even quote some of them in my article
My questions
1.does brain get better with age?
2.do you feel your brainpower is abating with age?
thanks
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,619 • Replies: 12
No top replies

Intrepid

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2005 04:50 am
what was the question again?
0 Replies

MinDSaY

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2005 05:00 am
I certainly forget things unlike before. But I still think that brians get better with age because you learn to think before you think. Well thats what I think anyway.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2005 05:15 am
I seem to recall something about the creases and wrinkles of a brain having something to do with overall brain capacity and power...or maybe that was just something I read in Flowers For Algernon. Since as I age I become more creased and wrinkled if the same is happening to my brain, then clearly my brainpower must be increasing, or is it just that as I age I adjust more to situations and have a clearer view of the exit route from complex matters? I must say, I don't recall.
0 Replies

dinsa

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2005 05:39 am
go and read mindpowernews, they say your brain power increases with age
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2005 05:41 am
dinsa wrote:

How much money do they soak people for?
0 Replies

John Jones

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2005 09:10 am
Re: do you know your brain is getting better with age?
dinsa wrote:
Hey guys

1.does brain get better with age?
2.do you feel your brainpower is abating with age?
thanks

My brain fine. Your brain shrinking. Your brain like a half-set jelly in a big soggy cardboard box. Your brain dried out on the edges. Your brain sucking on your eyeballs and making you look weird. Your serotonin is worn out, your synapses are coated in neuro-concrete, your dendrites are in zimmer frames and the whole show has come to the end of its working life. That's your brain that is. I wouldn't want it if you gave it away.
0 Replies

dinsa

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2005 11:13 am
Your brain is as good as you take care of it. Researches prove that if you don’t stimulate your mind it degenerates. Some people, after passing high school, never try to learn something new or read good books that shall stimulate their mind. Keep on learning new positive things- that’s it.
0 Replies

dinsa

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2005 11:14 am
Sturgis wrote:
dinsa wrote:

How much money do they soak people for?
its free
Edit [Moderator]: Link removed
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2005 11:14 am
I consider the day lost if I do not learn at least one new thing every day.
0 Replies

dinsa

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2005 11:16 am
Intrepid wrote:
I consider the day lost if I do not learn at least one new thing every day.

thats right
0 Replies

dinsa

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2005 12:23 pm
Your brain's sharpness is directly proportional to how much work you do with it.
Albert Einstein, according to some researches, was not a born genius. When his brain was studied, it was found that his brain contained a large no. of synapses which comes from using your brain – not a birth condition by any means.
Scientifically speaking, your brain is receiving a million stimuli per second, but you notice a few important ones only. Here's it: the moment the brain makes notice of a stimulus, a string of information is added to the brain- there two neurons connect and make a synapse.
So the more your brain labors, the more intelligent you be.
In a recent statistical review of some two hundred studies of IQ published in the journal "Nature," Bernard Devlin, veteran scientist, said that genes account for no more than 48 percent of IQ. Fifty-two percent is a function of prenatal care, environment, and education.
Although your early upbringing and genetic background “may” predispose you to have certain “natural” talents -- many researchers such as have shown that intelligence scores can be increased significantly through appropriate training at any age.
Here are tips to perk up your brain:
1. Improve your memory by forming associations among words you need to learn.
2. Concentration flags when the body lacks vitamin b12. Have it enough by incorporating fruits like banana.
3. Challenge your brain by learning new things.
4. Don't let negative thoughts occupy your brain.
5. Exercise keeps you and your brain in gear, chalk out time for it.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2005 01:32 pm
Will this also help you grow taller?
0 Replies