Any suggestions or strategies for the (Democrats) in this upcoming 2022 midterm election?

Real Music

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2022 07:23 pm
The key races that could decide control of the Senate.

With just a month until the midterms, all eyes are on a few consequential races. Control of the Senate
is on the line and with 35 seats up for election, Republicans need to net just one seat to regain power.
Judy Woodruff spoke with Stephen Fowler of Georgia Public Broadcasting, Katie Meyer of Spotlight PA
and Jon Ralston of the Nevada Independent about the key races in those states.

Published Oct 5, 2022

0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2022 12:15 pm
(Arizona) and (Ohio) are among eight states that begin

(in-person) (early voting) this week.

Published Oct. 10, 2022

Quote:
Eight states begin early, in-person voting this week, per the National Conference of State Legislatures, including the battlegrounds of Arizona and Ohio.

The other states with early voting starting this week include Maine, California, Montana, Nebraska, Indiana, and New Mexico. Early voting is already underway in at least seven states: Virginia, Minnesota, South Dakota, Wyoming, Vermont, Michigan and Illinois.

Each state has different rules on where and when people can vote early, as well as for when to begin mailing out absentee ballots. But with Election Day drawing nearer and nearer, more and more voters will be voting each day.

https://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-press/meetthepressblog/arizona-ohio-are-eight-states-begin-person-early-voting-week-rcna51456
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2022 12:42 pm
(Stacey Abrams) urges (in-person) (early voting) as she talks need for Forsyth County support.

(Early in-person voting) begins in Georgia on Oct. 17.

Published Sep 18, 2022

0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2022 01:14 pm
Published Oct 9, 2022

0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2022 03:55 pm
Arizona faces 'very real possibility' election-denying (Kari Lake) could win.

'The Circus' co-host Jennifer Palmieri joins Morning Joe to discuss how Kari Lake,
the Trump-endorsed, election-denying Republican gubernatorial candidate from Arizona,
could pull out a win.

Published Oct 7, 2022

0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2022 04:03 pm
Published October 10, 2022

0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2022 04:11 pm
Published Oct 10, 2022

0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2022 04:34 pm
Are Black Men the key to Stacey Abrams becoming Georgia's next Governor?

Published Sep 17, 2022

0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2022 05:39 pm
Crucial races in Wisconsin and Nevada could decide Senate balance of power

Less than a month from the midterms, the battle for control of the Senate hinges on just a few key races.
CBS News political director Fin Gomez discusses the crucial races in Wisconsin and Nevada along with
how a report that Georgia Senate candidate Herschel Walker paid for an abortion is affecting the
Republican's race.

Published Oct 10, 2022

0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2022 06:13 pm
Published Oct 10, 2022

0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2022 02:09 am
My message to Democrats is:

1. Anytime you see or hear MAGA Republicans claiming to be for (law and order),
please expose them for being boldface liars.

2. Anytime you see or hear MAGA Republicans claiming to be (anti-crime),
please expose them for being boldface liars.

3. It's real easy to do.

4. I am sincerely grateful for the bravery and commitment displayed by the Capitol police
on the day the violent insurrectionist tried to overthrow the government.

5. The bravery and commitment displayed by the Capitol police on that dreadful day
was the embodiment of (Law and Order).

6. My message to those brave Capitol police officers is:

Thank you. You are sincerely appreciated. And you should definitely be honored.
The Capitol police officers who defended the Capitol on that dreadful day are real American heroes.

7. In fact, it would be an honor to shake the hands of those brave Capitol police officers.

8. It is important to me that those brave Capitol police officers know just how much they are truly appreciated.

9. Anytime MAGA Republican tries to defend the violent insurrectionist who tried to overthrow the government,
make them own that (pro-crime) view.

10. Anytime MAGA Republicans tries to defend the violent insurrectionist who attacked and assaulted
the capitol police, make them own that (pro-crime) view.
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2022 03:23 am
On prescription drug costs, Marco Rubio makes a risky
election year bet.

Quote:
It was one of the biggest wins in the Democrats’ Inflation Reduction Act: For the first time, Medicare will be empowered to negotiate the cost of some of the most expensive prescription medications with the pharmaceutical industry. Democrats have worked on this issue for nearly three decades, but Big Pharma’s lobbyists successfully stood in the way. This year, Democrats succeeded anyway.

Republicans have effectively nothing to say about health care policy, with one big exception: GOP officials and candidates are eager to undo what Democrats did on drug costs.

As we discussed two weeks ago, many House Republicans haven’t just condemned the Democratic policy breakthrough, they’ve also vowed to repeal the policy at their earliest possible opportunity. In an interesting twist, some Senate Republicans are thinking along the same lines. The Washington Post reported on Friday:

"Four Republican senators, including three up for reelection, have introduced a bill that would reverse a popular provision of the Inflation Reduction Act — a means to cut drug prices for Americans. Sens. Cynthia M. Lummis (Wyo.), Mike Lee (Utah), James Lankford (Okla.) and Marco Rubio (Fla.) are backing a measure that could end Medicare’s ability to negotiate lower prescription drug costs and would limit Medicare recipients’ annual drug expenses at $2,000."

The bill itself is basically just a one-page proposal: These GOP senators want to simply roll back the clock, erasing the part of the Inflation Reduction Act that would empower the Medicare program to negotiate lower prices. The Republicans are calling their measure the “Protect Drug Innovation Act” — as if the only way to protect medicinal innovation is to keep prescription drug costs higher.

In a written statement, Rubio characterized the Democratic measure as "price controls," which he believes will "hurt" his constituents.

At face value, this isn’t altogether surprising. Indeed, one of the reasons the effort to lower costs has taken so long is that GOP officials have so consistently stood with the pharmaceutical industry against reforms.

What I do find surprising, however, are the electoral circumstances.

Wyoming’s Lummis won’t face voters again until 2026, and her re-election in one of the nation’s reddest states is all but assured. Utah’s Lee and Oklahoma’s Lankford are both up this year, but given their state’s partisan leanings, both are heavily favored.

But Rubio offers a qualitatively different kind of story. He represents Florida, after all, and the last time I checked, there are quite a few seniors in the Sunshine State who’ll benefit from the Inflation Reduction Act’s measures related to prescription drug costs.

Rubio didn’t have to endorse this, at least not before the election. There is exactly zero chance this bill will be considered in this Congress, so he had no real incentive to attach himself as a co-sponsor. It would’ve been politically smart to simply ignore this bill in the short term, while pursuing his regressive goals next year.

The Florida Republican nevertheless wants it to be known: Rubio is a conservative incumbent who, if re-elected, will side with pharmaceutical companies against a popular measure designed to help consumers afford their prescription medications.

It’s a bold gamble four weeks ahead of Election Day in a state filled with retirees.

https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/maddowblog/prescription-drug-costs-rubio-makes-risky-election-year-bet-rcna51436
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2022 08:54 am

0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2022 10:57 am
Fresh off debate with Vance, Tim Ryan says It's 'David vs. Goliath'

Democratic Rep. Tim Ryan and his Republican rival, author J.D. Vance, faced off Monday night
during the Ohio Senate debate, and Rep. Ryan joins Morning Joe to discuss the debate and why
his campaign is receiving little attention from national Democrats.

Published Oct 11, 2022

0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2022 11:29 am
The following is partial transcript of what Democrat
(Tim Ryan) said on Morning Joe:

October 11, 2022

Quote:
" I say look at what we voted for. You know, the C.H.I.P.S Act has helped us land $100 billion investment from Intel to Manufacture semiconductors in Ohio. 7,000 Union construction jobs to build it. 5,000 Union construction jobs for the next ten years. Look at the Infrastructure bill. Bipartisan, I was able, working with Sherrod Brown and others to get significant (buy American) language into that bill. It's going to create 6,000 jobs in Ohio. And get the bridge we have been trying to get built in Cincinnati for a long time. You look at the (Inflation Reduction Act), all in on natural gas which is going be huge for Ohio. And we saw a stream of investments happen after that. General Motors puts hundreds of millions of dollars into their transmission facility in Toledo. They are going all in on Electric vehicles. They know the government is significantly behind them. The Lordstown Plant I talked about my whole career was empty. They just announced a fourth vehicle. There's a truck, two cars, and a tractor that are going to be manufactured in the old General Motors Lordstown. We're talking about thousands of jobs."
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2022 12:35 pm
I am reiterating a post I made almost 1 year ago.
This is my message to the Democratic party.

Tim Ryan is providing the blueprint on how the democrats can keep both
the Senate and the House in the upcoming midterm elections.
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2022 01:55 pm
@Real Music,
Real Music wrote:

I am reiterating a post I made almost 1 year ago.
This is my message to the Democratic party.

Tim Ryan is providing the blueprint on how the democrats can keep both
the Senate and the House in the upcoming midterm elections.

Good one.

So...I will repost my suggestion also...of January of this year:

Don't lose!
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2022 06:25 pm
CBS News chief election and campaign correspondent Robert Costa sits down with
(Democratic) congressman and Ohio Senate candidate Tim Ryan on "Red and Blue"
a month ahead of the midterm elections. Ryan shares his reaction to Monday's debate
against Republican J.D. Vance, and discusses the support he's getting from the party
and the key issues his campaign is focused on.

Published Oct 11, 2022

0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Wed 12 Oct, 2022 11:42 pm
New poll shows tight North Carolina Senate race

A new WRAL News poll released Monday shows Republican Senate candidate Rep. Ted Budd
and Democratic candidate Cheri Beasley are virtually tied in North Carolina five weeks ahead
of the midterm elections. CBS News political correspondent Caitlin Huey-Burns weighs in on the race.

Published Oct 4, 2022

0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Wed 12 Oct, 2022 11:46 pm
Don Bolduc wants to end Social Security over time.

0 Replies