Real Music

Thu 30 Dec, 2021 08:02 pm
@edgarblythe,
That's a good one. Very Happy
0 Replies

Real Music

Thu 30 Dec, 2021 08:05 pm
@edgarblythe,
What else are flies attracted to other than honey?
maxdancona

Thu 30 Dec, 2021 08:12 pm
@Mame,
It is really simple, Mame. I am responsible for my actions. You are responsible for your actions.

You are making me responsible for the fact that other people are acting like assholes. When they are name-calling, launching personal attacks and bringing grudges from thread to thread... that is them acting badly.

I don't know what you want me to answer for. I am challenging an ideology that I see as extreme. I am pushing back on what I see as an insular group. I am am throwing back punches as good as I receive them.

I take full responsibility for my own actions. I take no responsibility for your actions or for the actions of anyone else.
edgarblythe

Thu 30 Dec, 2021 08:41 pm
@Real Music,
I don't want to attract flies. Just repel them.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Thu 30 Dec, 2021 09:15 pm
@Real Music,
Real Music wrote:

What else are flies attracted to other than honey?

Political correctness.
0 Replies

Mame

Thu 30 Dec, 2021 09:37 pm
I like real music, as well. He/She? often provides some insight and straight-forward thinking.

I like Frankie Apisa for his insight and charm (if you'd met him, you'd know what I mean - he oozes charm like Dean Martin).

I really like and respect Walter for his reasoned arguments and determination or unwillingness to get into a combat zone. He's a very interesting person IRL.

I like Jespah for her no-nonsense approach to everything - people looking for relationship answers, English/grammar questions, and her willingness to engage in a no-nonsense way, but also have fun (writing threads). I also like her writing and think she'd be a great friend IRL.

I like Max's commitment to his family - it's fairly obvious in his posts. He seems to be a dedicated, loving and interested family man.

I like Oralloy's staunch support of his beliefs, even if I don't agree with some of them - he's entitled to have them and I like that he's so stalwart.

I like JoeBlow's really laid-back and positive responses to everything - no way you can drag JB into an argument. Go Joe-Blow!

I like Reg's videos, cartoons and comics that express himself to a T. He's so on point with his posts. He's polite and respectful, which I respect. Also intelligent Smile

I like Neptune's fierceness. I don't know where it comes from, but I like and admire it. She's staunch. She's a force to be reckoned with.

And I like GB's love of her family and commitment to her previous job. She's someone I'd like on my side (if there were sides, which there aren't, on here, lol). I think she'd be a wonderful friend IRL, trustworthy and true.

And I really like CJ - fun in person and on here. Another no-nonsense woman who is intelligent and thoughtful. Miss you CJ.
0 Replies

Mame

Thu 30 Dec, 2021 09:49 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

You are making me responsible for the fact that other people are acting like assholes. When they are name-calling, launching personal attacks and bringing grudges from thread to thread... that is them acting badly.

No... I don't make you responsible for people acting like assholes. How am I doing that. People act like assholes because they are or can be one. That's it. How am I making you responsible for someone else's behaviour?

maxdancona wrote:
I don't know what you want me to answer for. I am challenging an ideology that I see as extreme. I am pushing back on what I see as an insular group. I am am throwing back punches as good as I receive them.

What, exactly is the extreme ideology that you are challenging? Who is the insular group and what are you pushing back on? You're great on accusations but pathetic on examples. I've asked you over and over to give me some examples and you have never done so.

maxdancona wrote:
I take full responsibility for my own actions.

Again, no, you don't.
Glennn

Thu 30 Dec, 2021 10:02 pm
I like all of the honest people here. Honest, I do.
maxdancona

Thu 30 Dec, 2021 10:08 pm
@Mame,
1. I am glad you agree with me, at least on principle.

2. Did you read Izzy's post? He explains the "extreme ideology" better than anything I can say with his assertion that anyone who disagrees with him on Kyle Rittenhouse is a "White Supremacist". Izzy points this out on multiple threads that have nothing to do with Kyle Rittenhouse or White Supremacy.

Izzy is a good example, but not he only one example. It happens over and over again where an opinion being expressed turns to personal attacks. Question any part of the narrative on consent, and you are a misogynist or a rape apologist. It is "extremism" because it allows for no nuance or no position outside of the extremes. You either agree, or disagree.

The idea that someone can think the Arbery case was murder and the Rittenhouse was not is impossible to accept in an extreme us vs. them world, and the idea that there are consequences to vaccine mandates is heresy. That is what I mean by "extremisms", it is an ideology that pushes people to choose between two diametrically opposed sides.

The problem is the personal attacks that come on anyone who dares to question any part of the narrative. I don't know how many people think I am actually a "White Supremacist". It is at least of you.

3) Whatever you say... I guess I take responsibility for not taking responsibility for my actions. Although if you tell me what you think I am not taking responsibility for (and it is something that I actually did) than I will take responsibility for it.
glitterbag

Thu 30 Dec, 2021 10:09 pm
@Glennn,
Happy New Year Glennn.
0 Replies

Mame

Thu 30 Dec, 2021 10:23 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

1. I am glad you agree with me, at least on principle.

We agree on something? What was that?

maxdancona wrote:
2. Did you read Izzy's post? He explains the "extreme ideology" better than anything I can say with his assertion that anyone who disagrees with him on Kyle Rittenhouse is a "White Supremacist". Izzy points this out on multiple threads that have nothing to do with Kyle Rittenhouse or White Supremacy.

Well, Izzy and I are going to have to disagree on this because although we know KR did kill those men, I still have no idea on the intent. To me, it all comes down to intent. I did discuss this on the other thread and still don't know. I wasn't there, didn't attend or watch the trial, and wasn't on the jury, so I don't know. I can't say/decide/judge anything if I don't know anything.

maxdancona wrote:
The problem is the personal attacks that come on anyone who dares to question any part of the narrative. I don't know how many people think I am actually a "White Supremacist". It is at least of you.

'It is at least of you?' I don't even know what that means. But, for the record, I don't think you're a White Supremacist.

maxdancona wrote:
3) Whatever you say... I guess I take responsibility for not taking responsibility for my actions. Although if you tell me what you think I am not taking responsibility for (and it is something that I actually did) than I will take responsibility for it.

I have told you many times that you have not explained how I did or said things that offended you. I have asked you for evidence of your accusations. That's how you take responsibility - back it up with examples. I'm not repeating myself, ad nauseam. Go back in this thread and you'll see questions I put to you that you have ignored. Take responsibility for that, for starters.
maxdancona

Thu 30 Dec, 2021 10:47 pm
@Mame,
I can give you plenty of examples where you made cheap nasty attacks on threads I wasn't even part of. This one for example.

https://able2know.org/topic/564255-2#post-7183904 (I chose not to bite on this thread, and you took the nasty swipe anyway.

or this nasty little exchange with you and Glitterbag (again a thread I was not a part of until you dragged me into it.) This was a particularly nasty incident because it was on a community thread that should not have been about cheap attacks on other member.

https://able2know.org/topic/564255-2#post-7183904
Mame

Thu 30 Dec, 2021 10:57 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

I can give you plenty of examples where you made cheap nasty attacks on threads I wasn't even part of. This one for example.

https://able2know.org/topic/564255-2#post-7183904 (I chose not to bite on this thread, and you took the nasty swipe anyway.

Where I said this? "Exactly what I was thinking. Just like max isn't able to differentiate between sad and tragic." That wasn't nasty. Snide maybe, but nasty? No.

maxdancona wrote:
or this nasty little exchange with you and Glitterbag (again a thread I was not a part of until you dragged me into it.) This was a particularly nasty incident because it was on a community thread that should not have been about cheap attacks on other member.

https://able2know.org/topic/564255-2#post-7183904

And that was the same thread where I made one comment? It was about your word definitions. Okay, blackball me! OMG. That is the worst you can provide?
maxdancona

Thu 30 Dec, 2021 11:06 pm
@Mame,
It is not productive or healthy for us to go through all of your posts one by one. This isn't an inquisition. You asked for examples, and I obliged.

In my opinion, you are part of the group that makes Able2know hostile to those of us on the outside of your bubble. I feel that many of your posts are nasty and personal. This is especially a problem when you post these comments on threads that I am not even a part of.

I am not going to dig out more examples... let's just say that this is my subjective experience.

You called me to this thread with a backhanded compliment in your opening post (your second attempt at a compliment was an improvement). But even if you executed the opening better, this thread would still ill-advised in the context of the nastiness on Able2know.

Mame

Thu 30 Dec, 2021 11:15 pm
@maxdancona,
You wouldn't have had to go through all my posts one by one if you'd answered them at the time. Your latest example was pathetic at best, suggesting you don't know the difference between 'sad' and 'tragic'. How the hell was that nasty?

You can have the last word - I'm going to watching something interesting on tv. I believe there's an Attenborough I've taped.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Thu 30 Dec, 2021 11:43 pm
@maxdancona,
I happened to see your little nasty gram to Mame and see you referenced a nasty exchange about you on this thread:

"or this nasty little exchange with you and Glitterbag (again a thread I was not a part of until you dragged me into it.) This was a particularly nasty incident because it was on a community thread that should not have been about cheap attacks on other member.

https://able2know.org/topic/564255-2#post-7183904"

I never mentioned you or made a reference of any sort about you at all. I had to read the entire thing just to learn you made it up, you frigging made it up. The only thing I mentioned was an emergency hospital stay back in September that knocked me on my butt. Was that it, I mention a health issue and it's about you???? You need to get a grip, I'm sick of seeing these "oh g'bag is nasty, she hurt my feelings", "she mocks me". If you continue to make up lies I will report you to the Moderators. I don't care if you like me, but I'm sick of the sniveling around with bruised ego because you ASSUME others are talking about you. You're becoming a crybaby.

roger

Fri 31 Dec, 2021 12:27 am
@Mame,
Thanks for the thread, Mame. Ending the year on a happy note was a great idea.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Fri 31 Dec, 2021 04:06 am
@glitterbag,
It's best not to read his self centred bleating.

And I don't know why Mame has wasted her time on such a spiteful little pustule.

Even Oralloy had a civilised conversation about New Year, without any mention of evil progressives at all, but not Max he just keeps going on.

He's rude, nasty, he orders people about and then plays the victim when his orders aren't followed.

Fair play to Mame for trying, but some people just aren't worth all the bother.
0 Replies

Real Music

Fri 31 Dec, 2021 12:39 pm
"olive branch"

A symbol, expression, or gesture of peace, reconciliation, truce, etc.
Used most commonly in the phrase "hold out/offer (someone) an/the olive branch."
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/27/2024 at 11:24:21