I wish to state that I love cartoons and will/explain why..

Reply Fri 1 Nov, 2002 09:27 pm
I live in a very dysfunctional family. Where I put up with allot of crap. My mother sits there and tries to escape herself through the negativity of the news, or by wishing she had a better life or marriage by watching soap operas and reading Harlequins. She does this to not have to face herself and wish for something better.

I like to watch Childrens shows on nick, and the old acme cartoons, for kind of the same reason, but also because they are not filled with negativity. I like to use a positive approach instead of negative. Also it really is not an escape or in view so much of the statement I made above of my mother and me, though for the same exact reasons that I hinted at above. I did not live a normal childhood and am an obbserver of all and find peace in watching something an 4-8 yr old should watch instead of someone my age.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 7,081 • Replies: 15
No top replies

fishin

Reply Sat 2 Nov, 2002 01:56 pm
Re: I wish to state that I love cartoons and will/explain wh
MellowGemini wrote:
I did not live a normal childhood and am an obbserver of all and find peace in watching something an 4-8 yr old should watch instead of someone my age.

Well now.. I might take some exception to that last comment! Wink I'm 41 and I watch cartoons all the time. Even those older cartoons weren't necessarliy written to the exclusion of adults. There are some quips in them that 4-8 year old wouldn't get at all.

But, they are for the most part, mindless. They are my little form of escapism after spending all day at work. Smile
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sat 2 Nov, 2002 02:37 pm
One of my favorite shows on TV is "Courage, the Cowardly Dog", on Cartoon Network (Weeknights at 9:30 PM; Fridays are new episodes). :-D
0 Replies

MellowGemini

Reply Sat 2 Nov, 2002 03:21 pm
I Would just wish to add
Jespah, I love Courage the cowardly dog, also Ed,ED, and Eddy.

By the way even though off topic I love Concrete Blonde.
0 Replies

JerryR

Reply Sat 2 Nov, 2002 11:56 pm
Well now, Courage is a great cartoon,..but I must say that "Cow and chicken" is probably the funniest cartoon ever!!
0 Replies

MellowGemini

Reply Mon 4 Nov, 2002 06:02 pm
I also enjoy catdog, miss the smurfs, and whatever happened to EEK the cat, and several others. I also loved watching Dexters Lab. I need to relax and get back to watching cartoons I really have not been myself lately well for the last mth or so. I need to force myself to sit down and watch something, anything to relax recently.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2002 08:12 pm
I watch cartoons on the weekends as its the only time the tv aint on just for sound diversion.
Cartoons are a lovely escape from reality..mine is usually not wanting to wake up completely until Ive laughed and/or smiled.
Although I remember very much enjoyment out of cartoons as a child, I think I enjoy them much more as an adult!!
Must see Cow and chicken some day dangit!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2002 09:06 pm
I love the old-fashioned cartoons - Woody Woodpecker is a real favourite. I'm also quite fond of Pingu - what a naughty little penguin!
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2002 09:11 pm
I cant resist the Jetsons
0 Replies

MellowGemini

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2002 11:29 pm
To the both above I love all cartoons mentioned. To Ehbeth Woddy woodpecker was awesome as was also the penguin. I used to grow up with him showing up on Bullwinkle (the moose) & Friends. I miss those oldie but goodies. for a while they were on Cartoon Network. The penguin I remember so well he had a thing for always going and stealing fish from the bear and others. (HE HE)
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 14 Nov, 2002 05:55 am
Pingu is still running regularly on the Ontario Public Television network as well as one of the children's channels. My dad recalls the books that Pingu is based on from his toddlerhood some 70 years ago. I guess kids (and adults) will always love that naughty little thief.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 14 Nov, 2002 06:00 am
pingu says mawk mawk
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 14 Nov, 2002 06:00 am
click on the above ^^^
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 14 Nov, 2002 06:02 am
pingu's theme song

another insta-giggle for me ^^^
0 Replies

ul

Reply Thu 14 Nov, 2002 07:54 am
What do you think about this carton character?

http://ws1.orf.at/oe/image/230668_2_183327.jpg

It was found in a fresco in a church.

Walt Disney wasn't alive in the 14th century, or was he? :wink:
0 Replies

maxsdadeo

Reply Sat 23 Nov, 2002 07:45 am
Max's and my vote are:
1. Dexter's Lab
2. Spongebob Square pants
3. Ed, Edd and Eddy
4. Courage the Cowardly Dog
0 Replies