Critical Race Theory: Voters versus Liberal Extremism

Region Philbis

Reply Fri 19 Nov, 2021 06:14 pm
@hightor,
Quote:
https://thevpodotorg.files.wordpress.com/2021/03/screen-shot-2021-03-07-at-2.09.45-pm.png

https://iili.io/5vhz21.gif
maxdancona

Reply Fri 19 Nov, 2021 06:37 pm
@Region Philbis,
Yeah I get it.

There is nothing wrong with the political left burning down businesses and attacking police officers... They are fighting Nazis so whatever they are doing is OK.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Fri 19 Nov, 2021 06:39 pm
The problem isn't with the people who criticize both sides.

The problem is with they people who only see one side. It's us versus them absolutism.

You are so sure that you have the absolute truth that you can't criticize your own side. That is extremism.
snood

Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2021 06:32 am
Push to active
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2021 07:05 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
The problem is with they people who only see one side.

If people only see one side then, by definition, any other side is simply not observable. They don't believe themselves to be on a "side". You can't compromise with what you don't see.

If people see two (or more) sides to an issue they certainly aren't obligated to accept other sides as valid. The fact that people "choose sides" means that they have rejected alternatives.

maxdancona wrote:
You are so sure that you have the absolute truth that you can't criticize your own side.

Can you criticize people who attempt to find agreement with people on the other side of an issue? Aren't you one of those people and isn't that your "side", your "ideological narrative©"? If you can't criticize people who find points of agreement across the political divide aren't you yourself acting as a proponent of "absolute truth"?
maxdancona

Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2021 07:36 am
@hightor,
Hightor,

Saying there is no absolute truth is itself an absolute truth.

Is that your point?

maxdancona

Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2021 07:43 am
@hightor,
I am arguing against extremism. So yes, I have no problem stating my beliefs

US politics have split into left and right. Each side is getting more extreme, and each side seems more interested in destroying the other than they are in looking at facts or finding solutions.

I think this is a bad thing. That is my ideology.
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2021 08:14 am
@maxdancona,
Quote:
Is that your point?

No.

I'm just wondering why I never see you criticizing your own side, since you use that as a definition of extremism.

Quote:
US politics have split into left and right.

That's hardly anything "new", nor is it restricted to the USA.

Quote:
Each side is getting more extreme, and each side seems more interested in destroying the other than they are in looking at facts or finding solutions.

When people look at things (like "facts") from opposite perspectives they're liable to remain in disagreement. Their solutions may be 180º different but they're still "solutions"..
oralloy

Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2021 08:22 am
@hightor,
hightor wrote:
I'm just wondering why I never see you criticizing your own side, since you use that as a definition of extremism.

Max is a progressive is he not?

I see him criticizing progressives all the time. Not as much as they should be criticized in my opinion, but he still criticizes them quite a bit.
hightor

Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2021 08:23 am
@oralloy,
Quote:

No. That's why he criticizes self-styled "progressives" as extremists.
maxdancona

Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2021 08:45 am
@hightor,
hightor wrote:

Quote:

No. That's why he criticizes self-styled "progressives" as extremists.

No. They are two different things.

You can be a progressive without being an extremist (as you can be an extremist without being a progressive).
0 Replies

neptuneblue

Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2021 11:50 am
Again, CRT is not taught in th K-12 grades. It is a conservative melee to get parents/white people all in an uproar about it.

Then to make matters worse, the buzzword "liberal extremism" is thrown around to combat the lies conservatives tell about it.

maxdancona

Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2021 11:53 am
@neptuneblue,
If CRT is not being taught in the K-12 grades, then what's the problem with banning it?
oralloy

Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2021 11:59 am
@neptuneblue,
neptuneblue wrote:
Again, CRT is not taught in th K-12 grades.

Progressive nutcases do try to teach anti-white racism to children though.

The term "CRT" is a good way of referring to that sort of nonsense when opposing it.
0 Replies

neptuneblue

Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2021 03:45 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

If CRT is not being taught in the K-12 grades, then what's the problem with banning it?

Because it's NOT TAUGHT.
oralloy

Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2021 04:11 pm
@neptuneblue,
So then what is the problem with banning the teaching of it?
bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2021 04:17 pm
It ain't broken, don't fix it. Common sense.
Lash

Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2021 04:22 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

If this country starts banning **** that doesn’t exist to appease idiots, game over.
oralloy

Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2021 04:30 pm
@Lash,
Unfortunately, leftist lies about our heritage do exist, so we need to ban them.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2021 04:31 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:
It ain't broken, don't fix it. Common sense.

Except, it's broken. And it needs fixing.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/23/2024 at 09:46:50