11
   

Critical Race Theory: Voters versus Liberal Extremism

 
 
oralloy
 
  -4  
Reply Tue 9 Nov, 2021 05:35 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:
These ******* idiots just want teachers to stop teaching the facts about the crimes against blacks, Asian, native and other American ethnic groups.

Not exactly. The problem is, many progressives teach outright lies about imaginary crimes. Few parents would object to the teaching of the actual truth.
0 Replies
 
maxdancona
 
  -3  
Reply Tue 9 Nov, 2021 05:44 pm
@Lash,
It is cool how Lash and I are so much in sync.

Max wrote:
When you tell voters that they are idiots, you lose the political argument.

Voters are saying that they are worried about what their kids are being taught in school. Particularly they are worried that anti-racist material singles out White students and separates kids into opressor and oppressed.

The Republicans are adressing these concerns. They have listened to voters and distilled their message into a single sentence involving the phrase "critical race theory".

This is politically saavy, they have kind of hijacked a liberal academic term. But more importantly Republicans are signalling voters that they are listening to their concerns.

The Democrats are responding with long winded explanations that

1) Ignore real facts and reasonable concerns from voters.

2) Are mainly geared at telling voters that they are stupid.

And that is how Democrats lose elections.





Lash wrote:

The voters who are up in arms about critical race theory have a great many crucial concerns about how their issues are not being addressed by the main stream media and wicked ultra liberal teachers—those godless harpies who deal in the disgusting ‘education’ trade — indoctrinated to suck the brains from our children notably via a pizza parlor in New Jersey.

For instance, JFK Jr., appeared at the grassy knoll only a week ago to a crowd of QANON devotees and pledged his allegiance to the newly instated President Trump who is reigning today from the White House. Why isn’t the main stream media reporting on this? You have to wonder...

Anyway. Critical race theory is not taught in school. These ******* idiots just want teachers to stop teaching the facts about the crimes against blacks, Asian, native and other American ethnic groups.


0 Replies
 
Lash
 
  1  
Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2021 03:34 am
There’s nowhere left to go when your political opposition are actually idiots propelled by conspiracy theories—and they outnumber you.

They’ve redefined a term, created their own ‘facts,’ and are trying to criminalize history.

They’re actually getting away with it in several states.

If the Democrats had found any way to make themselves useful to the average voter, we might have avoided this very ugly prelude to the American era of QANON, but here we are.

It didn’t help for McAuliffe to actually say ‘parents have no place in the classroom.’ That sealed his fate.

oralloy
 
  -2  
Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2021 03:37 am
@Lash,
Lash wrote:
They've redefined a term, created their own 'facts,' and are trying to criminalize history.

What facts do you contend have been created?
izzythepush
 
  4  
Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2021 05:37 am
@Lash,
Lash wrote:


Anyway. Critical race theory is not taught in school.


There you go,from the horses mouth. What is most telling about this thread is that Max's concept of CRT, and its practice are lifted from right wing conspiracy sites with no basis in reality.

And the stupidest person on A2K claiming to be the smartest does not understand the difference between fact and opinion.
0 Replies
 
neptuneblue
 
  4  
Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2021 07:02 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
What facts do you contend have been created?


The Conservative Right think that CRT is being taught in K-12 grades.

In fact, it is not.

bobsal u1553115
 
  4  
Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2021 07:07 am
Guess what, Karen? CRT is a straw man backed by GOP billionaires who don't even care about the issue


You’re probably wondering, along with the rest of us, how such an inane straw-man issue like critical race theory (CRT) could be the fulcrum to catapult GOP darling Glenn Youngkin into the governor’s seat. Well, let’s say it wasn’t white suburban Karens toiling away in a grassroots effort. It was a carefully crafted scheme by GOP operatives, funded by billionaire donors such as Koch Industries working as puppetmasters and baiting scared white parents into serving as mouthpieces.

According to reporting by The Daily Beast, several of Virginia’s anti-CRT groups were found to have backing by lobbying firms, Koch groups, former Trump officials, and The Federalist Society.

These deep pocket groups used Virginia’s non-degreed Karens as the face of CRT (a curriculum that isn’t even taught in their kids’ schools) because these GOP-backed entities knew they could count on their PTA moms who’ve historically been there to fight the good fight against Black and brown people, and this was an issue they could quickly unite them around.

Virginia’s anti-CRT efforts were conducted primarily by rabid dog Ian Prior—former press secretary for the National Republican Congressional Committee, former comms director for the Karl Rove super PAC American Crossroads, and a former official in the Justice Department under former one-term President Donald Trump. Today, Prior works as a GOP operative behind Fight for Schools and launched Parents Against Critical Theory (PACT), even though he claims to be just another concerned Virginia parent.

-more-

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2021/11/8/2062962/-Guess-what-Karen-CRT-is-a-straw-man-backed-by-GOP-billionaires-who-don-t-even-care-about-the-issue
0 Replies
 
oralloy
 
  -2  
Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2021 07:22 am
@neptuneblue,
neptuneblue wrote:
The Conservative Right think that CRT is being taught in K-12 grades.
In fact, it is not.

CRT is just a slogan. The stuff that the right actually opposes really is being taught in schools.
neptuneblue
 
  4  
Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2021 07:36 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
CRT is just a slogan. The stuff that the right actually opposes really is being taught in schools.


Oh.

Like Equality, Fairness, Inclusivity and Respect?

Glad we can agree.
oralloy
 
  -2  
Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2021 07:39 am
@neptuneblue,
neptuneblue wrote:
Like Equality, Fairness, Inclusivity and Respect?

Could be. I am not familiar with the nuances behind those buzzwords.
neptuneblue
 
  3  
Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2021 07:51 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
Could be. I am not familiar with the nuances behind those buzzwords.


Oh. So what school would you want a child to attend that did NOT do these things? This comes directly from my local school website.

OUR COMMITMENT:
Our commitment to learning means that we aspire to:

create an environment where students want to learn and are able to grow.

develop a range of programs and activities to serve all students.

make students ready, academically and socially, to meet their futures.

challenge students to learn thoughtfully and to solve problems skillfully.

Our commitment to caring means that we aspire to:

base our decisions on the best interests of the school community.

lead students to relate to, communicate with, and be tolerant of one another.

foster senses of responsibility and accountability within the community.

encourage students to develop their moral and spiritual values.

Our commitment to creativity means that we aspire to:

appreciate and encourage diversity within the community.

seek out creative and novel approaches to problems.

employ a wide range of educational practices and techniques.

encourage students to be resourceful and self-reliant.

OUR BELIEFS:

All students can learn.

Learners possess multiple intelligences.

Participation in the learning community fosters social, civic, emotional, and intellectual growth.

Diverse instructional strategies and environments enhance learning.

Shared vision and shared experiences are the foundation of the school community.

The competing goals of excellence and equity produce energizing tension within the community.

Problems present opportunities for re-evaluation, growth, and change.

Teaching is an art, as well as a craft, and the teacher-student relationship is at its heart.

oralloy
 
  -1  
Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2021 07:56 am
@neptuneblue,
neptuneblue wrote:
So what school would you want a child to attend that did NOT do these things?

Beats me. Like I said, I am not sure what those buzzwords actually mean as a practical matter.

But I would hope that the school has a rigorous academic curricula.
neptuneblue
 
  3  
Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2021 08:01 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
Beats me. Like I said, I am not sure what those buzzwords actually mean as a practical matter.

But I would hope that the school has a rigorous academic curricula.


So, in your personal and professional life, you've NEVER had to treat others with "Equality, Fairness, Inclusivity and Respect" ?

I'm finding that hard to believe.
bobsal u1553115
 
  3  
Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2021 08:05 am
@neptuneblue,
Quote:
"... you've NEVER had to treat others with "Equality, Fairness, Inclusivity and Respect" ?

I'm finding that hard to believe.


I don't.
0 Replies
 
oralloy
 
  -2  
Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2021 08:10 am
@neptuneblue,
neptuneblue wrote:
So, in your personal and professional life, you've NEVER had to treat others with "Equality, Fairness, Inclusivity and Respect" ?

Beats me. I still don't know what is actually intended by those buzzwords.
neptuneblue
 
  3  
Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2021 08:14 am
@oralloy,
Oh.

Here I thought you were an intelligent man.

I'm glad you've clarified you cannot decipher common language.
oralloy
 
  -2  
Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2021 08:17 am
@neptuneblue,
neptuneblue wrote:
Here I thought you were an intelligent man.

A 170 IQ is not too shabby.


neptuneblue wrote:
I'm glad you've clarified you cannot decipher common language.

Progressive buzzwords are not exactly common language.

But I never said that I couldn't determine the meaning behind progressive buzzwords if I wanted to waste my time doing so.
maxdancona
 
  -1  
Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2021 08:21 am
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

There’s nowhere left to go when your political opposition are actually idiots propelled by conspiracy theories—and they outnumber you.

They’ve redefined a term, created their own ‘facts,’ and are trying to criminalize history.

They’re actually getting away with it in several states.

If the Democrats had found any way to make themselves useful to the average voter, we might have avoided this very ugly prelude to the American era of QANON, but here we are.

It didn’t help for McAuliffe to actually say ‘parents have no place in the classroom.’ That sealed his fate.




This is a thread about liberal extremism. You are responding with a discussion of conservative extremism. I guess that is appropriate...

Liberal extremism creates conservative extremism (and vice versa).

When a parent has a concern about what their children are learning in history class, the logical way forward would be a reasoned discussion on what history means and how to give a balanced view of history. This is actually a difficult question, but in education it should be done in measured balanced watly.

What happens instead is the liberals start yelling "you are an idiot racist" and the conservatives yell bacl "no, your[sic] the racist" and instead of a reasoned response we get a screaming match.

This particular screaming match is a political loser for the Democrats. The conservatives are more in touch with the concerns of the majority of voters.

But outside of politics, I wish we could have that reasoned discussion with no one having to be the racist.
0 Replies
 
neptuneblue
 
  4  
Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2021 08:22 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
Progressive buzzwords are not exactly common language.


So now equality and respect are only for progressives? Yeah, I knew that some time ago.

oralloy wrote:
But I never said that I couldn't determine the meaning behind progressive buzzwords if I wanted to waste my time doing so.


I'm asking you to do so now, since you have the extra time to post on an internet chat forum.
oralloy
 
  -2  
Reply Wed 10 Nov, 2021 08:23 am
@neptuneblue,
neptuneblue wrote:
I'm asking you to do so now, since you have the extra time to post on an internet chat forum.

How much are you going to pay me for my time?
 

 
Copyright © 2022 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/20/2022 at 03:04:01