Critical Race Theory: Voters versus Liberal Extremism

Real Music

Reply Wed 24 Nov, 2021 05:27 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
And when it is appropriate to talk about poltical ideology the discussion shouldn't be a one sided promotion of a political ideology.

1. Engineer had made references to also teaching that George Washington owned hundreds of slaves and counted on them for his prosperity.

2. Engineer had also reference teaching that George Washington was a pretty solid general who led the colonies to independence and his first terms in office set the baseline for the new nation.

3. Max cannot possibly be against teaching both of these things together.

4. Or maybe Max is against teaching both of these thing together at the same time.
Real Music

Reply Wed 24 Nov, 2021 05:30 pm
@maxdancona,
I inputted the word "also" in my last post to indicate the meaning of another side.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Wed 24 Nov, 2021 05:35 pm
@Real Music,
I have no problem agreeing with Engineer. I agree with him on many things. Of course it should be taught that George Washington owned slaves. I don't think anyone here has a problem with that.

The problem is if grade school kids are being taught that America is a fundamentally racist country. Or, if White students are being considered racist or given responsibility for events in the past because of their race.

There is a difference between teaching history and pushing a one sided political ideology. That is the issue.
neptuneblue

Reply Wed 24 Nov, 2021 05:40 pm
@maxdancona,
Well, that's the issue, now isn't it. Grade school teachings gloss over the slave owning part.
Real Music

Reply Wed 24 Nov, 2021 05:44 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
The problem is if grade school kids are being taught that America is a fundamentally racist country.

As far as I know, they are not being taught any such thing.

Quote:
Or, if White students are being considered racist or given responsibility for events in the past because of their race.

1. White students are not being considered racist.

2. White students are not given the responsibility for the events in the past due to their race or any other reason.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Wed 24 Nov, 2021 06:35 pm
@neptuneblue,
neptuneblue wrote:

Well, that's the issue, now isn't it. Grade school teachings gloss over the slave owning part.

I don't know what you mean my glossing over. George Washington was military head of the American Revolution. He was the first president, served two terms and then went back to his farm. And he owned slaves.

He was both a slaveowner and the father of our country. That is what I hope would be taught about George Washington.

Most great figures of American History from Thomas Jefferson to Eisenhower to Martin Luther King had deep personal flaws. They did great things, yet they were human.

What else do you think should be taught in primary school?
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Thu 25 Nov, 2021 02:01 am
Definition of the word "Lie"

an assertion of something known or believed by the speaker or writer to be untrue with intent to deceive.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Thu 25 Nov, 2021 03:48 am
@engineer,
A-freaking-men! Thanks for that, Engineer.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 12:34:54