Not all Muslims are terrorists, but all terrorists are....

DrewDad

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2005 07:35 am
The leaders are nothing more than psychopaths wrapping their desire to kill in a mystical cloak.
0 Replies

goodfielder

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2005 07:40 am
Wolf_ODonnell wrote:
Baldimo wrote:
It should be the war on Islamofacism. That would be a more correct wording.

The other day on the cover of the Denver Post I saw the face of a terrorist. It was someones grandma!

Islamofascism. Death cultists. These terms are all wrong and do not address their true nature.

These so-called Islamic terrorists aren't anything except Jihadists, because they call for Jihad. They want holy war. This is far more accurate, because there are fascists out there that would be appalled with any association with these "men".

And what of those who would reinstall the "Caliphate" and see a world totally dominated by Islam? I'm not keen on either and being non-religious I want freedom from any religion at all. The worse thing about it is that they're actually serious.
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2005 09:23 am
JustanObserver wrote:
Headline is wrong. It would be correct to say many terrorists... but certainly not all terrorists.

I was actually quoting a local right wing radio program (Calgary, Canada) where the calls were to clamp down on all Muslims based on this flawed logical argument.
A guest suggested that all Muslims speak out and condemn these acts, or consider packing thier bags and "heading home". I wasn't too shocked to hear how even the Canadian right denies relevant historical data, as Set has so kindly pointed out, and how Islam had become so simplistically synonymous with terror.

I predict the injustices toward innocent Muslims will increase as a result of this kind of thinking.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2005 09:29 am
Muslims are not terroristis. Nut job extremists who happen to be Muslim much of the time are terrorists.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2005 09:34 am
candidone1 wrote:
JustanObserver wrote:
Headline is wrong. It would be correct to say many terrorists... but certainly not all terrorists.

I was actually quoting a local right wing radio program (Calgary, Canada) where the calls were to clamp down on all Muslims based on this flawed logical argument.
A guest suggested that all Muslims speak out and condemn these acts, or consider packing thier bags and "heading home". I wasn't too shocked to hear how even the Canadian right denies relevant historical data, as Set has so kindly pointed out, and how Islam had become so simplistically synonymous with terror.

I predict the injustices toward innocent Muslims will increase as a result of this kind of thinking.

Yep.

I noticed how carefully and clearly the London police emphasized the difference between Muslims and terrorists who claim to be Muslim. I truly wish the U.S. leadership had the cojones to do the same.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2005 09:36 am
DD, that's not likely to happen because the current crew profits politically from an undercurrent of belief in an anti-Muslim crusade. It's not that they lack the courage to acknowledge as much, rather, they profit from the perception and don't want to screw that up.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2005 09:39 am
DrewDad--

I can't count the number of times Bush himself has drawn an important distinction between run of the mill Muslims and the animals who claim Islamic authority to kill. It's a talking point, even.

I can't believe you're trying to pretend he hasn't done that.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2005 09:43 am
Lash wrote:
DrewDad--

I can't count the number of times Bush himself has drawn an important distinction between run of the mill Muslims and the animals who claim Islamic authority to kill. It's a talking point, even.

I can't believe you're trying to pretend he hasn't done that.

If he were carefully and clearly putting that message across, then there wouldn't be any question, would there?

I'd be more convinced if the Bush administration's whole take on terrorism weren't "kill 'em all; god will recognize his own."
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2005 09:47 am
You've just blocked it out. He's said it a million times.
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2005 07:58 am
Lash wrote:
You've just blocked it out. He's said it a million times.

In only recall this:
Quote:
Shortly after September 11th 2001, a horrible day for all, President Bush swiftly defended the religion of Islam, in calling it a religion that is "peaceful." He added that not only were airplanes hijacked that day, but that the religion of Islam, itself, was also "hijacked."xv In doing so, he clearly made a distinction between Al-Quaida's terrorists and the real religion of Islam - a religion of peace and love, not one of terror and destruction, that Osama Bin Laden and his cronies have defined it as, for the purposes of serving their own political machines. President Bush especially made that distinction in saying:

"[Islam's] teachings are good and peaceful, and those who commit evil in the name of Allah blaspheme the name of Allah."

Source

That was almost 4 years ago.
Things have changed since then.
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2005 08:02 am
The Muslim mind is on fire
Youssef M. Ibrahim
July 26, 2005

DUBAI --  The world of Islam is on fire. Indeed, the Muslim mind is on fire. Above all, the West is now ready to take both of them on.

The latest reliable report confirms that on average 33 Iraqis die every day, executed by Iraqis and foreign jihadis and suicide bombers, not by US or British soldiers. In fact, fewer than ever US or British soldiers are dying since the invasion more than two years ago. Instead, we now watch on television hundreds of innocent Iraqis lying without limbs, bleeding in the streets dead or wounded for life. If this is jihad someone got his religious education completely upside down.

Palestine is on fire, too, with Palestinian armed groups fighting one another - Hamas against Fatah and all against the Palestinian Authority. All have rendered Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas impotent and have diminished the world's respect and sympathy for Palestinian sufferings.

A couple of weeks ago London was on fire as Pakistani and other Muslims with British citizenship blew up tube stations in the name of Islam. Al Qaeda in Europe or one of its franchises proclaimed proudly the killing of 54 and wounding 700 innocent citizens was done to "avenge Islam" and Muslims.

Madrid was on fire, too, last year, when Muslim jihadis blew up train stations killing 160 people and wounding a few thousands.

The excuse in all the above cases was the war in Iraq, but let us not forget that in September 2001, long before Iraq, Osama Bin Laden proudly announced that he ordered the killing of some 3,000 in the United States, in the name of avenging Islam. Let us not forget that the killing began a long time before the invasion of Iraq.

Indeed, jihadis have been killing for a decade in the name of Islam. They killed innocent tourists and natives in Morocco and Egypt, in Africa, in Indonesia and in Yemen, all done in the name of Islam by Muslims who say that they are better than all other Muslims. They killed in India, in Thailand and are now talking of killing in Germany and Denmark and so on. There were attacks with bombs that killed scores inside Shia and Sunni mosques, inside churches and inside synagogues in Turkey and Tunisia, with Muslim preachers saying that it is okay to kill Jews and Christians - the so called infidels.

Above all, it is the Muslim mind that is on fire.

The Muslim fundamentalist who attacked the Dutch film director Theo Van Gogh in the Netherlands, stabbed him more than 23 times then cut his throat. He recently proudly proclaimed at his trial: "I did it because my religion - Islam - dictated it and I would do it again if were free." Which preacher told this guy this is Islam? That preacher should be in jail with him.

Do the cowardly jihadis who recruit suicide bombers really think that they will force the US Army and British troops out of Iraq by killing hundreds of innocent Iraqis? US troops now have bases and operate in Iraq but also from Kuwait, Qatar, the United Arab Emirates, Bahrain and Oman.

The only accomplishment of jihadis is that now they have aroused the great "Western Tiger". There was a time when the United States and Europe welcomed Arab and Muslim immigrants, visitors and students, with open arms. London even allowed all dissidents escaping their countries to preach against those countries under the guise of political refugees.

Well, that is all over now. Time has become for the big Western vengeance.

Visas for Arab and Muslim young men will be impossible to get for the United States and Western Europe. Those working there will be expelled if they are illegal, and harassed even if their papers are in order.

Airlines will have to right to refuse boarding to passengers if their names even resemble names on a prohibited list on all flights heading to Europe and the United States.

What is more important to remember is this: When the West did unite after World War II to beat communism, the long Cold War began without pity. They took no prisoners. They all stood together, from the United States to Norway, from Britain to Spain, from Belgium to Switzerland. And they did bring down the biggest empire. Communism collapsed.

I fear those naïve Muslims who think that they are beating the West have now achieved their worst crime of all. The West is now going to war against not only Muslims, but also, sadly, Islam as a religion.

In this new cold and hot war, car bombs and suicide bombers here and there will be no match for the arsenal that those Westerners are putting together - an arsenal of laws, intelligence pooling, surveillance by satellites, armies of special forces and indeed, allies inside the Arab world who are tired of having their lives disrupted by demented so-called jihadis or those bearded preachers who, under the guise of preaching, do little to teach and much to ignite the fire, those who know little about Islam and nothing about humanity.

http://www.metimes.com/articles/normal.php?StoryID=20050726-073844-6818r
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2005 08:26 am
Quote:
Do the cowardly jihadis who recruit suicide bombers really think that they will force the US Army and British troops out of Iraq by killing hundreds of innocent Iraqis? US troops now have bases and operate in Iraq but also from Kuwait, Qatar, the United Arab Emirates, Bahrain and Oman.

The only accomplishment of jihadis is that now they have aroused the great "Western Tiger". There was a time when the United States and Europe welcomed Arab and Muslim immigrants, visitors and students, with open arms. London even allowed all dissidents escaping their countries to preach against those countries under the guise of political refugees.

Is that Bush's new name for the US in his dramatic saga "Showdown with Iraq?? The Great Western Tiger
Gimme a break.

The casualities and the increase in jihadi soldiers has increased dramatically since the American occupation of Iraq, and the only thing getting aroused these days is the appalling nature of this entire conflict.

The Muslim world is on fire...and it should be. I would be equally inflamed if Iraq invaded Canada under the same pretenses as the US invaded Iraq. It's just that no one here has the balls to strap a bomb to their chest and walk into a cafe to tell occupying forces to get the f*ck out of my country.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2005 09:02 am
Just Wonders, Thanks for the article. I agree with it, and respect this author.

He is saying to the Middle Eastern audience of this publication that suicide bombs are making things worse for everyone with no chance of sucess-- even to achieve what the monsters behind them want to achieve. The suicide bombs are making things worse for everyone.

This article is right on.

He writes in other articles for a western audiences that the US should put any troops in Iraq under UN control and withdraw as quickly as possible.

Also right on.

I agree with both messages for both audiences.

BTW - have I told you lately I love your signature.
0 Replies