How about an Ohio Gathering next month?

PDiddie

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2005 08:16 am
The lovely Mrs. Diddie and I are tacking some vacation onto the end of her business in Cincinnatti the weekend of August 12-14.

Are there any A2Kers who'd like to meet us for dinner some night, or a Sunday riverboat jazz brunch, or a visit to the Underground Railroad Museum or something else?

edit: added the word 'Railroad'
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,216 • Replies: 17
No top replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2005 08:26 am
Ohio!

Cincinatti...

Possibly!
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2005 08:28 am
I escaped Akron at the age of fifteen... I suppose those warrants are no good now.....
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2005 08:59 am
I'll go see where Cincinnatti is on a map.
I know where Cleveland and Columbus are.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2005 09:09 am
ehBeth wrote:
I'll go see where Cincinnatti is on a map.
I know where Cleveland and Columbus are.

Opposite end of the state from Cleveland; right across the Ohio River from Kentucky.

A map of Ohio.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2005 10:30 am
Smack dab in the middle of Ohio is the "Three C Highway." It runs Cleveland-Columbus-Cincinnati.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2005 10:31 am
Looks like an 8 - 11 hour drive from here, according to mapquest Shocked
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2005 10:42 am
Easily . . . it's another three hours (if one observes the speed limit) from my place . . .
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2005 11:23 am
Being incurably nosy (and having lived in Dayton twice, once from 1-5, again for a summer when I was 12), I tried to look up on amtrak.com what was possible with trains between Columbus and Cincinnati, and kept having my question rejected repeatedly for some reason I can't fathom, besides that there is a Columbus in Wisconsin and that Cincinnati also has amtrak bus service. I guess I was wondering if there was a halfway point...
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2005 12:32 pm
There's no Amtrak service to Columbus, Ohio. I think you have to go to Marysville, maybe Marion, i disremember.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2005 01:20 pm
No wonder they wouldn't tell me nothin'.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2005 03:03 pm
I usd to play at Annies Riverside Saloon in Cinncinnati...good times...way good times.... got arrested there for drunk in public and indecent exposure back in the day...made bail...went home.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2005 06:08 pm
blueveinedthrobber wrote:
I usd to play at Annies Riverside Saloon in Cinncinnati...good times...way good times.... got arrested there for drunk in public and indecent exposure back in the day...made bail...went home.

I'll go have a drink there and mention this incident to see who might remember (glad you're feeling better) ...
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2005 06:14 pm
I could probably make it to Sandusky. Maybe if I stood on top of a car and yelled or something.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2005 06:15 pm
Now Sandusky, I know where that is. It's on the way to Setanta's house. I've seen fireworks there at night.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2005 06:17 pm
I had a bit of an incident in Sandusky one time.

I guess Bear and I both have our reasons to avoid the state.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2005 01:18 pm
PDiddie wrote:
blueveinedthrobber wrote:

I'll go have a drink there and mention this incident to see who might remember (glad you're feeling better) ...

Actually the arrest was made at an Arby's across the street from our hotel.

We were all lying around drunk and got hungry so I sent one of the road crew over to Arby's and as it happens he was barefoot. He was also fairly unkempt and drunk. Just as he was about to pay for the food out comes some snotty (according to him) manager and tosses him out for being barefoot and will not let him pay for our food and take it.

So I went in naked except for a pair of flip flops and demanded our food. The rest as they say ...... is history. Keep in mind this incident was before I became the mature and responsible bear I am today.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2005 06:08 pm
Thought I'd kick this up to the top once more to see if anyone will be able to make it next week.

If not, well, I'll hopefully catch y'all another time...
0 Replies