Is your personal beliefs or privacy worth losing your job over?

BillRM

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2021 02:28 pm
@ManOfTruth,
Hero??????

He is both a fool and an idiot in my eyes.

His parents needed to get him vaccinated in any school system in the US before he could attended for a whole serious of diseases.

Quote:
http://www.floridahealth.gov/programs-and-

services/immunization/children-and-adolescents/school-immunization-requirements/index.html
Immunizations Required for Childcare and/or Family Daycare
(Age-appropriate doses as indicated) State of Florida.

Diphtheria-tetanus-acellular pertussis (DTaP)
Inactivated polio vaccine (IPV)
Measles-mumps-rubella (MMR)
Varicella (chickenpox)
Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib)
Pneumococcal conjugate (PCV13)
Hepatitis B (Hep B)
Linkat

Reply Tue 19 Oct, 2021 03:50 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

His parents needed to get him vaccinated in any school system in the US before he could attended for a whole serious of diseases.

Just to be clear most of the states in the US do allow for religious exemptions from any vaccine. Florida being one. There are even some states that allow exemption for philosophical reasons. To be honest I don't know the details of either and I am sure there are different parameters to meet either.

The reason I was thinking this - is I do remember some kids in my school when I was young that did not participate in certain things and were able to be excluded from some others for religious reasons. Kind of prompted my thinking that is likely that some kids were exempt from vaccinations as well so I took a peek.

I am not an anti - vaxer or whatever you would call them - I am cautious about what I allow in my body and did so for my kids but I do support most vaccines. Just thought it interesting (and probably adding a bit more fuel to fire).

https://www.ncsl.org/research/health/school-immunization-exemption-state-laws.aspx

I agree that Kyrie is an a$$ and I highly doubt he is doing this for those who cannot speak for themselves - and he has plenty of money so I do not worry he will be suffering.

And Kyrie went to private school - at least for high school so he did not have to necessarily be vaccinated (depending on the requirements for private vs public).
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2021 10:26 am
@engineer,
This one just hit close to home. My MIL had to be rushed to the hospital with an abnormal heart rate, but the local hospital was all full so she had to go to a neighboring town. Luckily my SIL is a nurse and was able to watch until a bed opened up and she could be transferred back.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Sun 24 Oct, 2021 03:58 pm
@Linkat,
The sameness being: all all started out new vaxes that were administered to millions and millions and worked. Polio. Spanish Flu. Small Pox. Rubella. Whooping Cough, Yellow Fever. and on and on. Name one vax that was ever mass administered that failed. JUST ONE.
Tryagain

Reply Sun 24 Oct, 2021 04:52 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Thalidomide - caused death and birth defects in thousands of children whose mothers took the drug while pregnant.
BillRM

Reply Sun 24 Oct, 2021 05:07 pm
@Tryagain,
Tryagain wrote:

Thalidomide - caused death and birth defects in thousands of children whose mothers took the drug while pregnant.

An it had zero to do with vaccination of any kind so your point is what?????
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Sun 24 Oct, 2021 05:54 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

The sameness being: all all started out new vaxes that were administered to millions and millions and worked. Polio. Spanish Flu. Small Pox. Rubella. Whooping Cough, Yellow Fever. and on and on. Name one vax that was ever mass administered that failed. JUST ONE.

Not sure what you are arguing with me about...I did not say anything against any vaccines at all. I support most vaccines for children going to school.

I just simply pointed out that most states have religious exemptions for vaccines.
0 Replies

cherrie

Reply Mon 25 Oct, 2021 03:50 am
In Victoria covid vaccinations for all authorised workers became mandatory on October 15. All workers were required to have had at least one shot by that date or lose their job.

The list of authorised workers covers pretty much every job and workplace.

I know quite a few people who have chosen not to get vaccinated and are now unemployed. I even got an unwanted promotion at work because the person whose job I now have is an anti-vaxxer. This is not what I would ever have wanted.

I'm a volunteer member of the State Emergency Service and the new rules apply there as well. This is a very small community and our unit only has (had) 8 members. Four of them weren't vaccinated by the cut off date so they're out, another two decided to take an indefinite leave of absence in protest at the others having to leave, leaving two of us still active. Obviously an emergency service can't operate without enough people so our unit, for all intents and purposes, has closed down. All our call outs are now being paged to a neighbouring unit. The SES has been a huge part of my life for about 12 years now and I'm pretty gutted that it has ended like this.

oralloy

Reply Wed 27 Oct, 2021 05:50 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
And I love your attempt to downplay the attrocities of war.

Dropping justice bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki was not an atrocity in any way whatsoever.
Mame

Reply Wed 27 Oct, 2021 06:04 pm
@cherrie,
Our cut off date is recent and we've lost thousands of health care workers already. Not just in my province, either. The rural areas are mostly unvaxxed and patient in their ICUs (few and far between) are being shipped to Ontario. They still won't get vaccinated. Stupid.

Sorry to hear your SES has basically shut down. That's a damn shame.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2021 08:50 am
@Tryagain,
Thalidomide was not a vaccination, and in fact Thalidomide is still used as a prescription, but not to pregnant or wanting to get pregnant women.
BillRM

Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2021 09:58 am
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

Thalidomide was not a vaccination, and in fact Thalidomide is still used as a prescription, but not to pregnant or wanting to get pregnant women.

It is a very good and safe drug except it can not be given to pregnant women like a lot of other drugs for that matter.
engineer

Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2021 10:26 am
@BillRM,
Thalidomide was also never approved for pregnant women in the US because there was not sufficient data on its safety. In the Thalidomide tragedy, the FDA is a hero.

https://www.reuters.com/article/factcheck-thalidomide-fda/fact-check-fda-did-not-approve-thalidomide-for-pregnant-women-in-1950s-or-1960s-idUSL1N2PY2F7
Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2021 10:54 am
@engineer,
As a result of the thalidomide scandal (Contergan Skandal"), the Medicines Act in Germany was tightened and new testing requirements for pharmaceuticals were created. In 1964, the Israeli doctor Jacob Sheskin discovered the positive effect of thalidomide in the treatment of leprosy.
From the 1970s until 2003, GrĂ¼nenthal dispensed thalidomide tablets to support leprosy hospitals in the treatment of erythema nodosum leprosum.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2021 11:05 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

maxdancona wrote:

Dropping justice bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki was not an atrocity in any way whatsoever.

My father along with one hell of a lot of others men on both sides would had likely not had live through the war but for those bombs and I would not have been conceived in 1948 but for the ending of the war when it did due to those bombs.
Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2021 11:36 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

oralloy wrote:

maxdancona wrote:

My father along with one hell of a lot of others men on both sides would had likely not had live through the war but for those bombs and I would not have been conceived in 1948 but for the ending of the war when it did due to those bombs.

There is nothing whatever wrong with arguing that the use of the atomic bombs was necessary, justified, and preferable to ending the war via invasion of the Japanese homeland.

And there is nothing whatever wrong with thinking that dropping nuclear weapons on civilian populations is a disgusting thing to have done.

Both positions, in my opinion, are absolutely correct and valid.
oralloy

Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2021 02:04 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Given the fact that the justice bombs were dropped on military targets, the second position is factually invalid.
oralloy

Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2021 02:05 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

The invasion of Japan, had it happened, would have been truly horrific.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2021 02:32 pm
@oralloy,
gIVEN THE FACT THt we killed immediately or doomed to a slow death several hundred thousand japanese civilians their secondary or tertiary military targets is pretty inconsequential. The revulsion worldwide at the effect of the bombing spurred the entire world to say NEVER AGIN. And for seventy years that has held. tho trumpwas juat a bit too eageer to use them. Which is why the joint chiefsacted to make sure he hidn't
t use them, as they should have done in the name of humanity.
BillRM

Reply Fri 29 Oct, 2021 09:04 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

BillRM wrote:

oralloy wrote:

maxdancona wrote:

There is nothing whatever wrong with arguing that the use of the atomic bombs was necessary, justified, and preferable to ending the war via invasion of the Japanese homeland.

And there is nothing whatever wrong with thinking that dropping nuclear weapons on civilian populations is a disgusting thing to have done.

Both positions, in my opinion, are absolutely correct and valid.

You do know that the Japaneses manufacturing of war materials was must more broken up into small centers and mixed in with civilian areas then the West to begin with next there is nothing of magic about one small nuclear bomb then a thousand bombers dropping fire bombs other then the shock of two nuclear bomb did end the war and save hundred hundred of thousands of lives on both sides including perhaps my father.

The Japanese government had plans of using children arm with spears to attack our soldiers so ending that war with atoms bombs was more then call for.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 12:21:20