Is your personal beliefs or privacy worth losing your job over?

ManOfTruth

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2021 03:28 pm
@Mame,
Quote:
The vaccines can prevent serious illness and death. Isn't that reason enough for you?

Ok, and if the vaccines work, then those who choose to take them shouldn't have to worry about those who don't. You see, that's how basic logic works.

Quote:
Have you not seen the unvaxxed in the hospital pleading with people to get vaccinated?

Actually I've seen plenty of people who've gotten the vax, in fact more than who haven't, who've wound up in this situation. Not to mention all the cases of heart problems related to the vax in young teens, and fertility issues in women.

Quote:
Even if it's just a slim chance, why take it?

Should we also mandate other medical treatments for people who don't need it? Why not mandate chemotherapy for everyone as a condition of employment. Just in case there's a slim chance that person might have cancer. We can't be too precautious, even if it means violating another person's basic bodily autonomy, right?
4thtwin

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2021 03:30 pm
@maxdancona,
"Smallpox was significantly more deadly than covid."

Smallpox killed more than 300 million people but guess what. There was a time when it only had killed 700,000. It has to start somewhere.
Mame

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2021 03:31 pm
That's all bogus. Fertility in women? Please. More people vaccinated in hospitals than not? Take a global look around you, you lunatic. And you can't even compare cancer treatments as each cocktail is a little different based on the type of cancer.

You're just losing what little credibility you may have had.
4thtwin

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2021 03:38 pm
@ManOfTruth,
"Why not mandate chemotherapy for everyone as a condition of employment."

Because chemo is not a vaccine for cancer.
maxdancona

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2021 03:47 pm
@4thtwin,
This post implies that there is significant similarity between smallpox and covid. This argument has zero basis in reality or fact.

My point is that there is a balance to be made. If a disease is serious enough, I would support deastic measures that take away civil rights. Innthe case of covid (especially as the pandemic is waning), we aren't anywhere close to this point.
maxdancona

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2021 03:50 pm
@maxdancona,
On one side are anti-vaxxers, most of whom are flatly denying science.

On the other side are pro-vaccine extremists who are exaggerating risks, and calling for compliance at all costs without considering the costs.

Sound public policy lies in the middle of these two extremes.
Birdee

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2021 04:05 pm
@4thtwin,
sorry, I'm new here but I am just wondering because I have not ever heard of an employer asking or even having the ability to ask for the status of any other vaccine. i was under the impression that all that type of information was private and mandated to be so by law. do employers ever ask for a person's measles vaccine status?
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2021 05:20 pm
@Mame,
Mame wrote:

Vaccines have always caused controversy and protests. Measles can kill - people die of it in undeveloped (and some developed) countries all the time. Measles is contagious. Parents protested those vaccines, just as they protested polio shots and fluoride in water.

Update on measles today:

https://www.cdc.gov/globalhealth/measles/data/global-measles-outbreaks.html

If they won't let a child with measles into schools or swimming pools, why would they let a person (asymptomatic or not) with a potentially deadly (or at least causing a great degree of illness) into a public arena?

I can remember long before the internet gave nuts such a strong voice that whethe polio vaccine came out and how everyone was delight
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2021 05:27 pm
@Mame,
Mame wrote:

Vaccines have always caused controversy and protests. Measles can kill - people die of it in undeveloped (and some developed) countries all the time. Measles is contagious. Parents protested those vaccines, just as they protested polio shots and fluoride in water.

Update on measles today:

https://www.cdc.gov/globalhealth/measles/data/global-measles-outbreaks.html

If they won't let a child with measles into schools or swimming pools, why would they let a person (asymptomatic or not) with a potentially deadly (or at least causing a great degree of illness) into a public arena?

I can remember long before the internet gave nuts such a strong voice that when the polio vaccine came out that every parent was delight an could not wait to have their children protected. It been a long time but I remember it came in a sugar cube.
roger

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2021 05:36 pm
@BillRM,
The original was an injection. The sugar cube came later.

When I think about it, I do worry about small pox. I doubt if anyone still has immunity.
BillRM

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2021 05:37 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

On the other side are pro-vaccine extremists who are exaggerating risks, and calling for compliance at all costs without considering the costs.

THE DEATH TOLL IN THE US STAND NOW AT OVER 700 THOUSANDS.

As that is as many as died in the civil war period so tell me more about exaggeration!!!!!!!
BillRM

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2021 05:41 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:

The original was an injection. The sugar cube came later.

When I think about it, I do worry about small pox. I doubt if anyone still has immunity.

As far as I know small pox samples are now lock away in very very high security labs
0 Replies

ManOfTruth

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2021 05:45 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:

How many of those were deaths because of something else (not covid) that a doctor was instructed to list as covid death in order to gin up the numbers?

And by the way, all these deaths happened under Biden.
ManOfTruth

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2021 05:46 pm
@Mame,
This is what you want, isn't it Mame?

16 Year Old Arrested Over Mask Mandate (Insane Video)

Mame

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2021 05:55 pm
@ManOfTruth,
And how many more were not even counted? Around the world, the figures are much higher due to lack of testing, contact tracing, record-keeping.

I'm certainly not making the case that this is the worst thing that ever happened to human beings, but 700,000 deaths (that we know of) in the US alone is disgraceful, reprehensible, and completely avoidable once the vaccines were available.

Why die unnecessarily? Why be ILL unnecessarily? Why not take some precautions? I don't want shingles so I got the Shingrix. I don't want to feel like crap later so I get the 'flu vaccine. I don't want a root canal so I take care of my teeth. This is no different. I don't want to get Covid, I don't want to be in the hospital, really ill or not, so I got vaccinated. It's just common sense.

The difference is the others aren't transmissible whereas Covid is. So... I don't go to protests, bars, clubs, concerts, stampedes and rodeos, big gatherings, etc., where I could get it, masked attendees or not.

And I'm not an alarmist. If someone doesn't want to get the vaccine, I don't care. I may still visit with them - in fact, I have. It's not my job to change their minds. But I'm taking care of myself. That's all one can really do.
ManOfTruth

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2021 07:32 pm
@Mame,
This isn't even worth responding to. You're obviously not very bright, and no matter what anyone with a brain tells you, you will just keep believing what CNN tells you to instead.
Mame

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2021 07:48 pm
@ManOfTruth,
You can join the ranks of the other unwashed.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2021 08:01 pm
Absolutely, every single time, without exception and no questions.

If one takes a stand, one should not wince at the repercussions. One is allowed the pursuit of happiness, there's no guarantee of success. There is no freedom to infect others.

Even more important: Wear your freaking mask and get vaccinated.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2021 08:07 pm
@ManOfTruth,
And all she had to do was where her mask, or act like and adult and leave. What is her entitlement to infect others.
maxdancona

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2021 08:29 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

maxdancona wrote:

As that is as many as died in the civil war period so tell me more about exaggeration!!!!!!!

This is an example of fact that is absolutely true, very dramatic, and completely meaningless.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/18/2024 at 05:26:19