Is your personal beliefs or privacy worth losing your job over?

ManOfTruth

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2021 01:24 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
People who arenot vaccinated are putting others at risk.

This is 100% false. And anyone who believes this has a tiny, peanut brain.

And if it were true, it would mean that the vaccines don't work, so why is anybody taking them then?

But it's not true, it's false. That's a 100% fact.
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2021 01:38 pm
@ManOfTruth,
ManOfTruth wrote:

Quote:

And if it were true, it would mean that the vaccines don't work, so why is anybody taking them then?

People who are not vaccinated ARE putting others at risk...in a couple of different ways.

If they get infected and take up a bed in an ICU...that is a bed someone else could have used.

If they get infected and allow the virus an opportunity to mutate...the put everyone at risk.

So the notion is not, as you insist, 100% false.

By the way, the people with tiny, peanut brains are the people who continue to support Trump...and continue to impede trying to control the pandemic because they think that is what their Dear Leader wants them to do.

4thtwin

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2021 01:54 pm
@Linkat,
But again, are they really asking for "personal medical information" or are they just asking you to show you were vaccinated? When I got my shot I was there in the drug store with probably 10 other people waiting to get their shot. The shot was administered behind a curtain sitting right there in the pharmacy area. When I walked out those very same people were there looking at me. Private? Not one bit. But it's not like I was getting a rectal exam in the aisles of the drug store.
0 Replies

4thtwin

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2021 02:06 pm
@Mame,
If a religion was against a particular vaccine wouldn't that venture to say that religion is no longer around? They will all have probably died out from catching the very thing they were against being vaccinated from. No one is talking about getting a chicken pox, shingles, or flu vaccine. Those you can live through. We're talking about covid where almost 1 million people have died. Religious exemption sounds like something to avoid getting the shot. The one thing employers don't want to do is go against someone's religion.
0 Replies

4thtwin

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2021 02:14 pm
@Mame,
Exactly, so if a company can change its rules on the dress code then why can't it change the rules on a public health issue? Look at it this way. Many years ago you could openly smoke inside buildings and on airplanes. Companies changed the rules to say you can now only smoke outside. Ok, I remember walking into work and having to pass people right at the front door smoking. So companies again changed the rules to say you have to be so many feet away from the building. This too was a public health issue with 2nd hand smoke. So why are people fighting getting a vaccine which will also help prevent the continuation of a public health issue simply because "I don't think it's any of your business"?
4thtwin

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2021 02:16 pm
@Linkat,
You're right, do it to just comply. Is that so difficult?
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2021 02:26 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
Illegal drugs also kill hundreds of thousands of people.

Um...illegal drug overdoses aren't contagious, genius. And whatever risks there are for users, it's a risk they assume themselves. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2021 02:28 pm
@maxdancona,
Is it not strange that we been force vaccinating people for around a hundred years but now some of us had found the right to placed others at risk of death to protect their right to spread diseases.

Too bad that the force vaccination of smallpox had resulted in the wiping out of that disease so no one can now claim the constitutional right to spread that disease.
ManOfTruth

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2021 02:35 pm
@4thtwin,
Quote:
So why are people fighting getting a vaccine which will also help prevent the continuation of a public health issue simply because "I don't think it's any of your business"?

So, why do HIPPA laws even exist then? Why shouldn't employers be allowed to stick their noses into employees entire medical history? Perhaps, employers should be allowed to ask whether or not a person is HIV positive as a condition of employment? That's doesn't seem ridiculous at all...
ManOfTruth

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2021 02:36 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Right... And please do tell, what are your doctorate credentials in exactly?
Jingleboots

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2021 02:43 pm
@4thtwin,
You know, that really is a good question and a sticky one at that. In my current position, if I had firm beliefs about not vaccinating I would just start drawing my Social Security and go home. That's what i want to do anyway Ha. I don't think it's constitutional, however, I do see their side as in wanting to STOP this once and for all. It is true that if it keeps on spreading, it will just keep coming back in different strains and none of the vaccines will work on them anyway. It's a two way street and a dog eat dog world out there. Covid sucks.
0 Replies

4thtwin

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2021 02:56 pm
@Linkat,
The problem with people giving fake vaccination cards is that the hassle to get them is probably more than actually getting the shot. Plus, they're putting at risk everyone they come in contact with. You don't care about yourself or anyone else.
Mame

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2021 03:02 pm
@BillRM,
Vaccines have always caused controversy and protests. Measles can kill - people die of it in undeveloped (and some developed) countries all the time. Measles is contagious. Parents protested those vaccines, just as they protested polio shots and fluoride in water.

Update on measles today:

https://www.cdc.gov/globalhealth/measles/data/global-measles-outbreaks.html

If they won't let a child with measles into schools or swimming pools, why would they let a person (asymptomatic or not) with a potentially deadly (or at least causing a great degree of illness) into a public arena?
Mame

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2021 03:07 pm
@ManOfTruth,
ManOfTruth wrote:

Quote:

The vaccines can prevent serious illness and death. Isn't that reason enough for you? Do you want to be on a ventilator, barely breathing? How about long-Covid? Would you like to spend months fatigued? With foggy brain? Even if it's just a slim chance, why take it?

Have you not seen the unvaxxed in the hospital pleading with people to get vaccinated? Their families regretting their decision?

Grow up and stop reading QAnon ****.
4thtwin

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2021 03:08 pm
@Mame,
The one thing I hate is to go to a store and they have the big sign on the door saying masks are required but when you get inside half the people are walking around without masks or they're walking around with their masks under their noses. I guess those are mouth breathers. Nothing irritates me more than to see someone with their mask under their nose. You might as well not have on one. They test for covid by stickling a swab way up your nose but I guess as long as the mask in on your mouth you're covered. Stupid. I've gone to some fast food places and while waiting for my food notice that those workers fixing my food do not have their masks on correctly, again, under their noses or even hanging on their chin. I've asked for a manager to tell them to pull their masks up while preparing food.
Mame

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2021 03:11 pm
@4thtwin,
The only way to deal with that is to not frequent those places. I don't think I'd be comfortable their taking food. Lord only knows what the short-order cooks are doing back there.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2021 03:13 pm
@4thtwin,
4thtwin wrote:

The problem with people giving fake vaccination cards is that the hassle to get them is probably more than actually getting the shot. Plus, they're putting at risk everyone they come in contact with. You don't care about yourself or anyone else.

Not true- you can do it at home - my printer has photo copy capability - done. Most people know someone who has had the shot and just grab their card and get a copy. It is not much of a hassle.

Getting the shot requires two visits - you need to travel, possibly make an appointment, wait in line and wait 15 minutes or whatever to get the shot.... Twice.

I am not saying one should do this - but I am being realistic - it is not difficult to get a fake card either doing it yourself or obtaining one - yeah do you think they care? No - that is why I am saying it id dumb. Because it is not difficult to do and people are doing this. Whether it is right or not does not matter - it is still being done - and a server at a restaurant is not in the position to know the difference between a real covid vaccine card and a fake one.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2021 03:14 pm
1. I agree with the science. Vaccinations are safe and effective. The more people who get them the better it is for public health.

2. I think the vaccine extremists are exaggerating the risks. Most people who aren't vaccinated aren't infected (and aren't a risk to anyone). Most people who are vaccinated won't get infected even if they work with someone who is.

3. I believe in medical privacy. I don't want my employer seeing my HIV status, or my psychiatric records or anything else. You may see vaccine status as an exception. It is a worrying trend.

4. There is a balance here. If covid were deadlier, I may change my mind. Smallpox was significantly more deadly than covid.
Linkat

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2021 03:16 pm
@4thtwin,
Quote:
I've gone to some fast food places and while waiting for my food notice that those workers fixing my food do not have their masks on correctly, again, under their noses or even hanging on their chin. I've asked for a manager to tell them to pull their masks up while preparing food.

This doesn't bother me as it has been determined that covid is not passed on via food - at one time yeah it bothered and I would not go to a food place where this was the case. As long as they aren't physically near me - I don't care - they are just exposing themselves.

But then again I don't go to fast food. But honestly it was determined quite a while ago that covid is not passed on that way.
0 Replies

4thtwin

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2021 03:22 pm
@ManOfTruth,
And again, where is asking for proof of vaccination "sticking their noses into employees entire medical history"?
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/17/2024 at 06:31:20