Those wannabe cowboy ICE-holes on the southern border

ManOfTruth

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2021 01:41 pm
@neptuneblue,
Quote:
No one is disputing the agents did, in fact, have whips to round up Haitian migrants. Not even you.

Wha???? Please show exactly where I or anyone with factual knowledge about this story said that the agents had "whips". They didn't have whips, they were using horse reigns, which are an essential piece of equipment used when riding a horse.

Horse reigns and whips are two entirely different things. The media outlets that flamed this story purposely only showed pictures from angles that misrepresented what happened, where the reigns looked like "whips". And people like you who know absolutely zero about riding horses listened to idiots like Joy Reid and didn't even bother to question the logic of why on earth border patrol agents would be allowed to use "whips".

It really is sad that so many people accept everything that the media says without exercising any critical thinking skills whatsoever.

Quote:
Whips have long been associated with keeping black skinned people under control.

The only reasons that you believe that is because your only point of reference for slavery is Hollywood. Believe it or not, it's a fact that slavery has existed among all races throughout history.

Really, the people who need a good old fashioned whipping, are the news outlets who lied about this story and then NEVER retracted their lies. It would be completely justified punishment to line them all up and whip them, to show them exactly what the difference between a whip and horse reign really is.
neptuneblue

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2021 02:42 pm
@ManOfTruth,
As usual, the point is lost for you. Fear and intimidation should NOT be the go-to stance of Border Agents.

But you keep doing your idiotic "logic."
hightor

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2021 03:02 pm
It's easy to see how people could misidentify the leather strap as a whip when viewing it in a small format. The second picture gives a little more context. I questioned the explanation that the strap was part of the horse's reins – it seemed much longer than necessary. Then I read this explanation from the Border Patrol, “Agents use their reins for a lot of reasons. Primarily it's used to steer the horse, but agents will also spin them sometimes to deter people from getting too close to the horse…We are not aware of anyone being struck with the reins.”

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fimg.huffingtonpost.com%2Fasset%2F6150a8f8240000d604506302.jpeg%3Fops%3Dscalefit_720_noupscale&f=1&nofb=1https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fi.dailymail.co.uk%2F1s%2F2021%2F09%2F23%2F22%2F48247161-10022543-A_United_States_Border_Patrol_agent_on_horseback_tries_to_stop_a-a-52_1632434376290.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

So agents spin this long strap to "deter people from getting too close to the horse". But it's obvious that the agent is driving the horse too close to the fleeing pedestrian. And, if he were swinging a leather strap around in a big circle while chasing someone fleeing on foot (it looks like barefoot) I think a strap would have the same intimidation effect as an actual bullwhip. I'm sure that it would sting if it struck someone and possibly cause a person to lose footing with a horse running dangerously a few feet away. neptuneblue said, "the only reason agents had whips was to instill fear and intimidation." Technically wrong, but functionally correct. As with the iconic, mounted, hatted white "boss man" figure, the reins were a stand-in for a whip and were used to instill fear and intimidation. The image, interpreted in a historic context, ends up conveying a meaning which quickly overwhelms the particular circumstances. That happens sometimes.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2021 06:06 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
...How many examples do you want of Border Patrol agents breaking the law? I will do the googling for you. Will 5 examples be fine?

How long, if I may ask, is it going to take you to come up with an example of this behavior which you've been implying exists?
maxdancona

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2021 08:04 pm
@Brandon9000,
Sigh. This is a silly game that has nothing to do with the point. I don't see why you can't google this yourself.

https://nypost.com/2021/07/14/border-patrol-agent-admits-accepting-bribes-from-human-smugglers/

https://people.com/crime/border-patrol-agent-arizona-charged-rape/

This is stupid, because it has absolutely nothing to do with the topic.
maxdancona

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2021 08:05 pm
@ManOfTruth,
By the way, I don't consider the latest little outburst with Haitian immigrants to be very important. I think the liberals are making a big deal out of this, when the facts don't clearly present a crime.
0 Replies

ManOfTruth

Reply Sun 3 Oct, 2021 11:47 pm
@neptuneblue,
So, are you grown up enough to admit that you were flat out wrong in all that you stated? Are you a grown up, or are you a child?

I never mentioned "whips", though you claimed that I did. Same with others who have debunked this obvious example of the leftists media's outright lies.
neptuneblue

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2021 05:08 am
@ManOfTruth,
Sure, I was wrong. Border Patrol were not using whips. They used horse reins as whips to instill fear and intimidation as their go-to tactic.

maxdancona

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2021 12:48 pm
@neptuneblue,
I wonder how Neptune's reaction to these pictures would change if the officers on horseback were Capitol police and the people on foot were pro-Trump protesters.

I suspect ManofTruth would have opposite change of heart in this case.
neptuneblue

Reply Mon 4 Oct, 2021 04:48 pm
@maxdancona,
I do not condone the use of violence, fear or intimidation to get people to follow the law.

It's telling that you do.
0 Replies

ManOfTruth

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2021 09:38 pm
@neptuneblue,
Quote:
They used horse reins as whips to instill fear and intimidation as their go-to tactic.

That is a lie. Show proof that backs your claim. Otherwise you are a liar.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2021 07:41 pm
@maxdancona,
This is rather bizarre because I responded to your post several days ago and my answer vanished.

I guess I said that it shouldn't have taken you so long to find these examples because you could find them for any common profession:

Longtime Physics Teacher & Coach Charged With Sexually Assaulting Student

https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/physics-teacher-charged-with-sexually-assaulting-student/159430/

Despite your implication that the border patrol are committing crimes, they are doing pretty much what they should be doing.
maxdancona

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2021 08:21 pm
@Brandon9000,
There is no Physics teacher that would defend a teacher who abused his or her students. The border patrol does just that.
Brandon9000

Reply Wed 6 Oct, 2021 09:13 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
There is no Physics teacher that would defend a teacher who abused his or her students. The border patrol does just that.

I don't believe you. Please show me one example of the Border Patrol defending an agent who is known to have committed a crime.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Fri 8 Oct, 2021 04:47 pm
@maxdancona,
I guess you can't because it was all vague innuendo with no basis in fact.
0 Replies