which beer is the best in the world? (case no. 2)

Mon 20 Sep, 2021 02:18 pm
So? The first thread ... has been randomly closed for whatever reason.

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 6 • Views: 3,467 • Replies: 18
Topic Closed
No top replies

Mame

Wed 22 Sep, 2021 07:49 am
@tsarstepan,
I dislike most beers and sour beer is the absolute worst! No redeeming qualities at all.

I'll drink a shandy from time to time, either with grapefruit juice or clamato, but only if there's nothing else available.

So... I guess I shouldn't have stepped in here, but... Smile hello tsar!
tsarstepan

Wed 22 Sep, 2021 10:26 am
@Mame,
Mame wrote:

I'll drink a shandy from time to time, either with grapefruit juice or clamato, but only if there's nothing else available.

I won't sneeze at a shandy. Sour beers and sweet beers are my personal preferences.

Besides, everyone (including beer haters) are welcomed here. Even to pooh pooh beer.
Mame

Wed 22 Sep, 2021 03:52 pm
@tsarstepan,
I had my first shandy many years ago, a Raddler, in Germany, where beer abounds. It was a white beer and lemonade. Delicious!
0 Replies

roxyRoxana

Sun 26 Sep, 2021 04:06 am
@tsarstepan,
I don't like beer that much but I probably think that German beer is one of the best. And for the people who come to Germany at some point, you should definitely try the Schlenkerla in Bamberg:)
tsarstepan

Sat 1 Jan, 2022 10:46 am
@roxyRoxana,
0 Replies

hightor

Sat 1 Jan, 2022 11:31 am
I like it hoppy.

Here's a local one which fills the bill.

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse1.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.aZmUpbUAuhV3F1lkEarvTgHaHa%26pid%3DApi&f=1
izzythepush

Sat 1 Jan, 2022 11:37 am
@hightor,
The best hoppy beer I've had is Houblon chouffe from Belgium.

I first had it in Amsterdam, and I'm lucky that the beer shop stocks it. We have a shop in Southampton that just sells beer and cider, nothing else.
0 Replies

Joeblow

Sat 1 Jan, 2022 12:23 pm
@tsarstepan,
Beer is my alcoholic beverage of choice. Typically I want an ice cold light lager though, and when I pour it on ice, I get the odd eye roll. I don't care. Lol
izzythepush

Sat 1 Jan, 2022 12:31 pm
@Joeblow,
I keep mine in the fridge. I just finished off a load of Christmas Belgian beer last night.

I got a beer advent calendar on 3rd December for half price and I've still got most of those left.

They're a real mixture, but all UK, and nothing particularly Christmassy about any of them.

I do tend to drink beer seasonally, octoberfest beers in October, Christmas beers at Christmas, a lot of small independent breweries have a summer and spring ale.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Sat 1 Jan, 2022 12:36 pm
@Mame,
I feel like that about wine. I literally cannot drink red wine, it gives me a splitting headache about half an hour after drinking it.

I don't really like white wine, there were six of us at Christmas and we all drank beer except for one person who drank wine.
Joeblow

Sat 1 Jan, 2022 12:42 pm
@izzythepush,
Oh yeah, me too, but it might be because I try and drink it like beer. A slow sipper I'm not.
izzythepush

Sat 1 Jan, 2022 12:47 pm
@Joeblow,
I'm the same I like to take a good swig each mouthful.

I used to have wine regularly with meals until I realised I was an adult and could choose to drink something else. I drank wine with my wife, but continued long after she died, it wasn't a sentimental attachment or anything, it was just what was done.

If I drank with a meal, it would be wine, beer was always something I drank on its own.
0 Replies

Mame

Sat 1 Jan, 2022 02:06 pm
@Joeblow,
A friend of mine puts ice in her white wine.
Joeblow

Sat 1 Jan, 2022 02:16 pm
@Mame,
And her red wine too, I imagine Wink
Mame

Sat 1 Jan, 2022 02:17 pm
@Joeblow,
You know, I haven't seen her with anything but white in years so I have no idea. But ... watery!
Joeblow

Sat 1 Jan, 2022 02:33 pm
@Mame,
Makes sense...that way, she can drink it like beer...
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Wed 8 Jun, 2022 01:27 pm
An El Paso beer, Flix Brewhouse's Loco Lager, better known as Lucha Libre Mexican Lager, won the North American Brewers Association award for best Latin American or Tropical-Style Lager or Ale.

https://www.flixbrewhouse.com/media/1653/luchalibreweb.png

I haven't had it, but we're gonna drive to the other side of town to try it.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Thu 11 Aug, 2022 09:48 pm
@tsarstepan,

0 Replies