Best USA cities to visit during six month trip across USA.

ossobuco

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2005 06:38 pm
Plus, I think our poster wants to go by train, so perhaps this has to be narrowed down to Amtrak stops. Not sure though...
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2005 07:41 pm
Setanta wrote:
Swimpy wrote:
. . . Cleveland rocks . . .

I ain't buyin' it . . . i've lived in Ohio eighteen years now, and apart from drivin' up 271 to get I 90, i've managed to avoid the city completely. I hope to always do so . . .

Well, the Rock and Roll Museum is there.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2005 09:45 am
I rode th LA to Orlando train and I don't recommend it. Much better to ride through the Northern routes for the breath taking scenery.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2005 09:57 am
Northern Michigan is beautiful this time of year, if you like outdoors.
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2005 10:03 am
travel
here is a recommendation to combine a visit to the united states with a train trip through canada.
you can go by train from new york city to montreal (canada) - beautiful scenery all the way.
in montreal you can pick up the transcontinental to vancouver; it will carry you from montreal through ontario, through the westen provinces and the rocky mountains to the pacific . you can either ride right through or interrupt your train trip to see some highlights of canada. you would want a sleeper since you'll be on the train for three nights.
from vancouver you can connect by train to the united states (seattle) and wind your way back towards new york city.
if you decide on the northern route - either way - i'll be happy to supply additional info.
btw our trusty member "c.i." can also supply up-to-date information since he took the train trip about two years ago. hbg

see canada by train >>>
...TRAVEL THE NORTHERN ROUTE...
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2005 10:18 am
Good choice
0 Replies

happytaffy

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2005 09:07 am
I would definitely go to Boston, NYC, Washington DC, San Fran, LA, Seattle

I love all of these places -- they all are so beautiful and so different -- great attractions and great food

Have fun -- I am really jealous
0 Replies