Water Surplus and Drought by Region

oralloy

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2021 04:43 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
I often think that you have your own special definition for the word "Freedom" that just doesn't comport with much of the rest of the world's.

The Right to Keep and Bear Arms has been one of the essential rights of free people for some 2600 years now.
farmerman

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2021 04:53 pm
@oralloy,
Our second amendment, as written , isnt 2600 years old. Lets not forget that 2600 year old arms werent specifc to firearms mostly cause they didnt even exist) but the second amendment IS.

Also, flash dictillation by nuke mean is quite a bit more expensive as a single unit. Youd have to have the nuke do something lse like provide some local power.
RO is still the most viable means especially as the physical-chem of Adsorptive/Desorptive chemistry has been worked out by the Israelis. RO isnt as expensive as even combind cycle nukes. AND , remember, nukes nees a hell of a lot of cooling water, what if youre desalinating in a desert where you need to concentrate on making potable water not cool a reactor cooling tower.

Thats kinda what a cartoon I did a number of years ago showed. It had this wind turbine that generates electricity to provide this building with cooling fans.
farmerman

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2021 04:58 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
Trying to outlaw pistol grips on my guns interferes with me
dont lose any sleep cause if or when that happns let me know, Ill write for you, a much more convincing letter with some really big words so you sound smarter Wht kind of pistol grips you like on your shotguns, ivory or plastic?

Ps, you dont ound like youre interested in water. Hows yours TASTE? no shell CASINGS i HOPE
oralloy

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2021 05:11 pm
@farmerman,
I write for myself. I have no trouble convincing other smart people.

I don't have a preference for pistol grips. My preference is for people to not tell me that I can't have pistol grips.

I have a 200 foot well. The water has lots of minerals in it, but the well is deep enough to not worry about surface contamination. I have a reverse osmosis filter that purifies the water, so it tastes much like distilled water tastes.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2021 05:12 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
Our second amendment, as written , isnt 2600 years old.

The Right to Keep and Bear Arms that is referred to in the Second Amendment, however, is that old.

farmerman wrote:
Lets not forget that 2600 year old arms werent specifc to firearms mostly cause they didnt even exist)

OK.

farmerman wrote:
but the second amendment IS.

That is incorrect. The Second Amendment covers any common infantry weapon and is not exclusive to firearms.

Hand grenades would be an example of something that the Second Amendment covers (not for private self defense of course, but for militiamen to keep at home).

farmerman wrote:
Also, flash dictillation by nuke mean is quite a bit more expensive as a single unit.

It's been awhile since I've read anything about nuclear desalinization, but I don't think flash distillation was the technique that they envisioned using.

I can go try to look up some of the old articles and get the name of the specific process for you.
farmerman

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2021 05:32 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:

Hand grenades would be an example of something that the Second Amendment covers (not for private self defense of course, but for militiamen to keep at home).
re qe certain??? I handle explosives and detonators, for which I must b licensed to
1 own them
2 use them
3 carry them from place to place
4 I must also license my separate magazines in ALL 15 OR SO STATES iN which Ive used them/ In other states (like Calif) I hire resident techs (state laws)

handling explosives is not a right, its a licensed activity its its like a machine gun, its a special privilege.

lash distillation is one means of distillation thats all, anything of a higher temp of a reactor will dissociate, not distill water

You use a n RO unit for drinking water. If its an ol US technique, its probably PERMASEP
oralloy

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2021 06:55 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
re qe certain??? I handle explosives and detonators, for which I must b licensed to
1 own them
2 use them
3 carry them from place to place
4 I must also license my separate magazines in ALL 15 OR SO STATES iN which Ive used them/ In other states (like Calif) I hire resident techs (state laws)

Is the licensing shall issue?

farmerman wrote:
handling explosives is not a right, its a licensed activity its its like a machine gun, its a special privilege.

Militiamen have a direct right to have both full-auto weapons and hand grenades.

farmerman wrote:
lash distillation is one means of distillation thats all, anything of a higher temp of a reactor will dissociate, not distill water

The talk about various processes that I was remembering wasn't about desalination. It was about separating hydrogen from water (and doing it cheaply). Apparently at very high temperatures cheaper more efficient processes become possible.

Further processes would then use some of that hydrogen to convert heavy and undesirable petroleum oils into lighter and more profitable oils.

farmerman wrote:
You use a n RO unit for drinking water. If its an ol US technique, its probably PERMASEP

I never bothered to wonder. I just drink the water.
farmerman

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2021 04:43 am
@oralloy,
Quote:

Is the licensing shall issue?

Its lik drivers test with caveats , you can fail or pass.
Ya cant store your explosives in a non magazine. Ive taught at Ft Belvoir and ALL explosives and anti-personnel/sapper **** was stored in magazines on th Ft site, Nobody took anything home. Thats kinda . insane.
oralloy

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2021 06:24 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
Its lik drivers test with caveats , you can fail or pass.

I guess the key is whether you have to "convince the government that you have a legitimate need" before you can get a license, or if you can get a license merely by having a clean background and fulfilling all the criteria.

If you merely have to have a clean background and have to fulfill all the criteria, I do not perceive any violation of the Second Amendment by the licensing requirements.

farmerman wrote:
Ya cant store your explosives in a non magazine. Ive taught at Ft Belvoir and ALL explosives and anti-personnel/sapper **** was stored in magazines on th Ft site, Nobody took anything home. Thats kinda . insane.

It is reasonable to require militiamen to fulfill safe storage requirements for whatever weapons they keep at home.
farmerman

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2021 06:30 pm
@oralloy,
I really am unsure but I damn well hope not. Nobody took any grenades or pyt charges or even det cord home at Belvoir (Its reeal close to DC). All of it was under secure storage or was practice loads.
Iwouldnt even trust me, cuz Id be out there blowin trees stumps and chuck holes if I could lay my hand on some unsecured ****.
(Not to mention seeing how good my aim was with a .222 (think tannerite with a C4 charge ).
oralloy

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2021 06:42 pm
@farmerman,
Article 1 Section 8:
"The Congress shall have Power . . . To provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions;"

Surely you don't expect militiamen to be able to repel an invading army without the use of grenades?
farmerman

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2021 06:50 pm
@oralloy,
I dont think these guys comehom from work and drive out to a battle site without mustering in an getting orders and a load of mre's.

remember germany and japan mostly lost because they were out supplied not out fought
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2021 07:04 pm
My cousin from Lindsey, CA, used to play with sticks of dynamite like they were firecrackers. Many years ago. He created one explosion big enough to be felt from the orange grove where he lived all the way in town. The city promptly made it illegal to use that stuff without permission.
oralloy

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2021 07:20 pm
@farmerman,
The Second Amendment says militiamen have the right to keep and bear arms.

It says nothing about the government keeping militia arms when militiamen aren't bearing them.

But again, I think it is reasonable to have safe storage requirements for whatever weapons militiamen choose to have at home.
farmerman

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2021 07:27 pm
@edgarblythe,
in Pa now we need a state license and a permit from the fire Marshall of the muni that th chergs were in use. In all pit mining and quarry blasting I always had a secretary take care of the initial contacts and wed get th forms really quick.
I hird some brothers in NM to do som blasting at a spod deposit and they didnt use mats and blew flying rock through some ranches tin roof an upper floor *they busted up some furniture. They wre fined and lost thir license for a year, my guys werent even there so I chewed em out for being negligent and we payed a whole lot for damage repairs so the ranchers wouldnt want more relief uder a RICO claim
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2021 07:35 pm
@oralloy,
im really not certain that grenades and rpgs are even considered arn\ms or are "Us govt property" first and foremost. You cant have a tank, Thats just a gun with a truck attached to it.

I think someone oughta call a local armory and find out whats th scoop.
All I know is how I had to deal with ordinance an explosives. Ft Belvoir is where sappers and mil enginers gt advance training, they had everybody from in-field guys to west point cadets doing some structural destruction
oralloy

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2021 02:09 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
im really not certain that grenades and rpgs are even considered arms

They are weapons that soldiers use to fight with. How are they not arms?

farmerman wrote:
or are "Us govt property" first and foremost.

If the taxpayers bought them, they are US government property.

If an individual militiaman bought them, they are the property of that individual militiaman.

farmerman wrote:
You cant have a tank,

I can think of only two obstacles to militiamen having their own tanks. One, they cost more than most people can afford. Two, they need to be operated by more than one person.

Neither obstacle would apply to grenades. Or to 84mm bazookas.
farmerman

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2021 02:45 am
@oralloy,
Scalia, when asked about applicbility of heller on the 2nd Amenment said "Well its regarding weapons that are hand held only
So that lets out cannons and tanks. "...( WE WERE WRONG ABOUT TANKS AND CANNONS) He then said that." As far as grenades and rocket launchers, (an RPG can bring down an airplane). So this will have to be seen"
I guess he was assuming that when it will come before the USSC).Scalia wasnt in favor of unlimited ownership and, with proper reasons, things like hand held rocket launchers may be considered other than a title II weapon as arms legal to own and brandish. I always wished the USSC guys would keep their goddam mouths shut about ANYTHING that has not come before them yet.

As far as "govt owned". That was my point. at FT Belvoir all ordinance was govt owned and instructions were that "This is our stuff, not yours"
, so 2nd Amendment doesnt have anything to say about theft of govt property. It comes undr the 5th commandment.

I suppose youd have to see whether you can get a live grenade onE- bay or through Amazon. I kinda doubt that they even handle that stuff. gun shows , have not had rpgs or grenades for sale as ive ever seen. they do sell jugs of tannerite but you can make that at home and its considered a binary explosive which needs a muzzle velocity over 2k fps to detonate
oralloy

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2021 03:17 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
Scalia, when asked about applicbility of heller on the 2nd Amenment said "Well its regarding weapons that are hand held only
So that lets out cannons and tanks. "...( WE WERE WRONG ABOUT TANKS AND CANNONS)

How were we wrong about tanks and cannons? I believe we both considered them to not fall under the individual right of militiamen. That sounds like we both agree with Justice Scalia.

farmerman wrote:
He then said that." As far as grenades and rocket launchers, (an RPG can bring down an airplane). So this will have to be seen"

It would be a pretty lucky shot for an RPG to bring down an airplane. However, there are Stinger Missiles.

Stingers might be crew served though. And they are a lot more expensive than an unguided bazooka round. So there could be grounds for the courts to rule that they are more like a tank or cannon, and therefore outside the realm of the Second Amendment.

farmerman wrote:
I suppose youd have to see whether you can get a live grenade onE- bay or through Amazon. I kinda doubt that they even handle that stuff. gun shows , have not had rpgs or grenades for sale as ive ever seen. they do sell jugs of tannerite but you can make that at home and its considered a binary explosive which needs a muzzle velocity over 2k fps to detonate

Militiamen have the right to purchase the same machine guns, hand grenades, and bazookas that the government can purchase.

Weapons manufacturers have the right to sell the same machine guns, hand grenades, and bazookas to militiamen that they sell to governments.

I do not claim to be a militiaman. However, if someone wants to pay all my legal bills, I will join the Michigan Volunteer Defense Force and then sue for my right to have machineguns, hand grenades, and bazookas.

Suing the government in federal court costs a lot of money though, so I'll only do it if someone decides to pay all the bills.
0 Replies