Afghanistan and Beyond

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2021 02:17 pm
@maxdancona,
I didn't suggest we have a right to do anything in Afghanistan except get out.
gollum

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2021 02:17 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona-

Indigenous people (especially women) are running away from Taliban control.

What "traditional custom" are we "passing judgment" on?
0 Replies

gollum

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2021 02:50 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona-

It appears many Afghanis are running away from the Taliban. I think that they are scared of being executed even if they never worked for the government and because they do not want to live under an incredibly harsh government.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2021 02:59 pm
@edgarblythe,
Michael Moore wrote:
We sacrificed over 2,300 American lives to invade a country where Bin Laden was never, nowhere, to be found.

That's a lie. Ibn Ladn launched the 9/11 attacks from Afghanistan.

Michael Moore wrote:
Bush said he had no interest in capturing him.

That's a lie.

And yes, taking a half truth out of context so that it appears to be the opposite of reality is indeed a form of lying.

Michael Moore wrote:
Defund the Pentagon and the military-industrial complex, defund the NSA, defund Homeland Security. They sent our young troops to their deaths. Shame!

Progressives hate freedom and democracy, and want Americans to be slaughtered by terrorists.

Michael Moore wrote:
How come Bandar Bush didn’t attack the Saudis?

Only a progressive would want to attack our allies instead of attacking our enemies.

Michael Moore wrote:
Once again, we have been defeated by an army with no bomber planes, no destroyers, no missiles, no helicopters, no napalm -- just a bunch of guys in pickup trucks. We haven’t won an actual war in the defense of this country since WWII.

Another lie. When progressives hand our allies over to terrorists and evil dictators, that is not a military defeat for the US.

Michael Moore wrote:
Today, 76 years later, is the day the U. S. lost the Afghanistan War.

As above, when progressives hand our allies over to terrorists and evil dictators, that is not a military defeat for the US.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2021 03:01 pm
@gollum,
Shame on you for marking that appalling list of pro-terrorist lies as the "selected answer".
oralloy

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2021 03:02 pm
@malc jones,
malc jones wrote:
34 cities taken in 9 days is very impressive, the Americans could learn a thing or two from the Taliban, what a waste of 1000's of lives and 20 years.

The only lesson we need to learn is to never vote for a progressive.

Progressives are traitors who will never fail to betray our allies to our enemies.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2021 03:03 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:
We can't nation build elsewhere against the will of whatever traditionally controls the people.

Yes we can. We just need to get rid of all the progressives first.

Progressives will never fail to betray our allies and hand them over to our enemies.

edgarblythe wrote:
To try mobilizes most of the population against you. All of our wars over there have not just murdered millions but with each successive war we radicalize more against us.

Wrong. The population was not being mobilized against us.

We have not killed millions. And wartime casualties are not murder.

edgarblythe wrote:
It's for energy and minerals, the private motivation of our would-be nation builders anyway.

Wrong. It's for self defense and basic human rights.

edgarblythe wrote:
Did you notice that Trump seized oil wells in Syria and Biden keeps them.

No such thing ever happened.

edgarblythe wrote:
The rights of women and such civil rights issues were always secondary in the scheme of conquest.

Progressives are the only ones here who oppose basic human rights.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2021 03:08 pm
@gollum,
gollum wrote:
Can you cite any articles or other sources stating that Trump seized oil wells in Syria and that Biden keeps them?

No such thing ever happened.

Progressives support the genocide that Assad is perpetrating against the Syrian people.

Progressives try to help him cover up his genocide by spreading lies about the US being involved in various fictional events in Syria.

Whenever an evil dictator is committing genocide somewhere in the world, one thing you can always be sure of is that progressives are in favor of whoever is carrying it out.
0 Replies

gollum

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2021 03:28 pm
@oralloy,
I de-selected it.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2021 03:28 pm
I'm no expert. Just an ex-maintenance man who quit school at 16. But I was smart enough to tell my brothers 20 years ago when we invaded Iraq and Afghanistan, "They are never going to pacify that part of the world." Later I said, "You're not going to like how that war ends." No brag. I'm sad.
oralloy

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2021 03:33 pm
@edgarblythe,
Note the reality that we did have them pacified until that coward Biden betrayed them and abandoned them.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2021 03:34 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
I agree with Edgar.

You are wrong too.

maxdancona wrote:
I also want to point out the colonialism being expressed on this thread.

No colonialism has thus far been expressed in this thread. But I'm here now to express it.

We have every right to use military force to make inferior cultures adopt civilized norms.

maxdancona wrote:
The idea is that White People need to to save indigenous women from indigenous men. That narrative has always made me uncomfortable.

Progressives have always hated freedom and democracy.

Your views are totally despicable, but they are nothing new. We've been hearing this sort of crap from progressives for decades now.

maxdancona wrote:
If the goal is to force Western values on indigenous peoples... I can see why so many people choose to support the Taliban.

A progressive will never fail to support an atrocity.

maxdancona wrote:
White people who have never set foot in Afghanistan and know nothing about the language or culture are passing judgement on traditional customs... it is easy to see why this is ridiculous.

Ridiculous only in the eyes of terrorist-supporting progressives.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2021 03:35 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:
I didn't suggest we have a right to do anything in Afghanistan except get out.

We have the right to defend ourselves when attacks launched from Afghanistan kill thousands of Americans on American soil.

Civilized nations also have a general worldwide right to force savages to adopt civilized norms.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2021 05:33 pm
Looks like Vietnam deja vu all over again.
https://scontent.fhou1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.6435-9/234524080_10223380252167866_2663887898626683942_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=xxRZLOIDaNsAX8t9zrK&_nc_ht=scontent.fhou1-1.fna&oh=161a381eef7314b348f316fca0592bd6&oe=613E6D61
oralloy

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2021 05:38 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:
Looks like Vietnam deja vu all over again.

Yep. Joe Biden sucks.
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2021 06:00 pm
Biden said on July 8:

'There's going to be no circumstance where you're going to see people being lifted off the roof of a embassy of the U.S. from Afghanistan'

'Is the Taliban takeover of Afghanistan now inevitable?' a reporter asked the president at the time of the July 8 press conference.

'No, it is not,' Biden responded.
oralloy

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2021 06:15 pm
@Tryagain,
The best thing that anyone can do for their country, no mater which country that happens to be, is to vote progressives out of power and keep them out of power.
gollum

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2021 06:43 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy-

What are the policy positions that define progressives?
oralloy

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2021 06:53 pm
@gollum,
They want to dismantle the police and military so that everyone is defenseless against the bad guys.

They support evil dictators, terrorists, and anyone who commits atrocities against the innocent.

They do not tolerate anyone who disagrees with them and they will abuse their power, if they have it, to silence all dissent.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2021 10:48 pm
20 years training the Afghan military and they folded like a cheap suit.