CMON MR CUOMO

Thu 5 Aug, 2021 09:29 am
Do the right thing, Lead by xample not by petulnce. Youre starting to give off odors of ex pres Plump
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 10 • Views: 2,965 • Replies: 149
Topic Closed

edgarblythe

Thu 5 Aug, 2021 09:30 am
True to form. He has never been worth a warm bucket of spit in my book.
farmerman

Thu 5 Aug, 2021 09:34 am
@edgarblythe,
he was looking almost presidential during covid. That scared me too. Many people, motly old white guys, have seemingly lot the abilities for analyses.
Hes pissed away any chance to be a president but he can still rescue some of hi legacy by not being FORCED to vacate.
engineer

Thu 5 Aug, 2021 09:38 am
@farmerman,
What happened to the thread defending him? I saw one for a while then it was gone.
farmerman

Thu 5 Aug, 2021 09:39 am
@engineer,
ddnt see one.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Thu 5 Aug, 2021 09:46 am
Yeah... That thread was from me. I was getting ready to defend it, and the more I read the less defensible Cuomo became. My knee jerk reaction was, in this case at least, completely wrong.

So I hastily deleted the thread.. Cuomo is not where I am going to plant my flag. When you read the report he is clearly a sleaze. Hus actions toward women in his administration and reporters who need to work with him are intolerable.

Cuomo's behavior is indefensible.
engineer

Thu 5 Aug, 2021 09:46 am
@farmerman,
I'm sure Cuomo is stunned that all his contacts are letting him sink. That video he put out (which doesn't address the report finding he harassed employees) is complete denial. "Hey, I'm Italian, I touch people!"
maxdancona

Thu 5 Aug, 2021 10:11 am
@engineer,
The "touching" wasn't the problem.

It was the repeated sexual innuendo with women who had to work with him professionally including people who worked for him. There is à difference.
0 Replies

farmerman

Thu 5 Aug, 2021 10:12 am
@maxdancona,
how he touched his assistants would be considered foreplay with consenting adults
maxdancona

Thu 5 Aug, 2021 10:26 am
@farmerman,
I have had "touchy feely" bosses.... both male and female. It is a question of intent and there are differences in culture. Modern Americans overreact at times. I don't consider a kiss on the cheek to be foreplày (or even sexual).

What Cuomo did crosses any line of decency.
izzythepush

Thu 5 Aug, 2021 10:50 am
@maxdancona,
That was your initial reaction, to support the sleazebag.

You might want to think why that would be the case.
maxdancona

Thu 5 Aug, 2021 11:30 am
@izzythepush,
Of course I support sleazebags. Have you been paying any attention after all of the years we have spent together, this has kind of been my ongoing thing theme here. Although, to be fair my initial reaction was against the typical outraged liberal overreaction that was wrong about Al Franken and Aziz Ansari and hypocritically blind to Bill Clinton even though it was correct in this case.

If you support human rights, you support the rights of sleazebags (who are human).

I will proudly support the rights of sleazebags to express their opinions, hold jobs, have due process, and have good respectful loving relationships. I have always done so.

However, I don't support people who abuse their power to sexually harrass women who are in their organizations or work with them professionally.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Thu 5 Aug, 2021 11:42 am
Just want to acknowledge that I was sorta fooled by Cuomo. During the early days of the pandemic, his press briefings were keeping me sane. The Abomination in the White House was screwing things up almost beyond repair...and I thought Cuomo was keeping the country on the rails.

Perhaps he was.

But at the same time, he was doing the kind of **** that should have gone the way of the dinosaurs decades ago.

I cannot adequately express just how disappointed I am by this...betrayal.

He's going to go down fighting. Good, because that will insure that his well-deserved punishment will be as severe as possible.

When, oh when...are powerful men going to learn that this garbage will NOT be tolerated anymore? And whether tolerated or not...when will men become men enough to not engage in that crap?
0 Replies

Ragman

Thu 5 Aug, 2021 12:02 pm
Power tends to corrupt.
Absolute power corrupts absolutely.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Thu 5 Aug, 2021 12:09 pm
I thought his response to the nursing homes during the first wave of the pandemic should have put him in prison.
edgarblythe

Thu 5 Aug, 2021 12:31 pm
I predict he will resign by the weekend.
VABGirl

Thu 5 Aug, 2021 12:43 pm
@engineer,
He lost his defenders, lol
0 Replies

farmerman

Thu 5 Aug, 2021 12:50 pm
@maxdancona,
In the morning Times there was the description of HOW Cuomo touched the women who came forward. I stand by the foreplay description , between consenting prtners. In hi cae he was not invited to approach with touching that involved approaching a womans private places
0 Replies

Mame

Thu 5 Aug, 2021 01:52 pm
@edgarblythe,
what did he say re: the nursing homes?
edgarblythe

Thu 5 Aug, 2021 01:54 pm
@Mame,
He made sure the nursing homes were not liable as at the same time people with covid were moved into nursing homes.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » CMON MR CUOMO
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/03/2024 at 04:15:01