CMON MR CUOMO

blatham

Thu 5 Aug, 2021 01:58 pm
I follow a lot of people on twitter and read a lot of political commentary each day. Not a single voice on my twitter feed nor anyone I've read doing commentary has sought to justify or excuse Cuomo. Calls for his resignation are pretty much universal.
Frank Apisa

Thu 5 Aug, 2021 02:15 pm
@blatham,
blatham wrote:

I follow a lot of people on twitter and read a lot of political commentary each day. Not a single voice on my twitter feed nor anyone I've read doing commentary has sought to justify or excuse Cuomo. Calls for his resignation are pretty much universal.

And well they should be. Cuomo is a cancer on the body politic. Nobody should be defending the indefensible.

Trump should have resigned also...or, better yet, not been elected considering the crap he did to woman also. And nobody should have been defending the indefensible in his case either.
farmerman

Thu 5 Aug, 2021 02:49 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Cuomo can at least stnd for "THE RIGHT THING TO BE DONE"
maxdancona

Thu 5 Aug, 2021 02:55 pm
@Frank Apisa,
As someone who is perfectly willing to defend the indefensible, I am not willing to defend Cuomo; not after actually reading the report.

I am normally skeptical of the often overblown media coverage of these things. I don't know if anyone else took the time to read the actual report. It is pretty damning.
farmerman

Thu 5 Aug, 2021 03:16 pm
@maxdancona,
MAX, THIS THREAD ISNT ABOUT YOU, LETS WORK TOGETHER
maxdancona

Thu 5 Aug, 2021 03:50 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

MAX, THIS THREAD ISNT ABOUT YOU, LETS WORK TOGETHER

This is a bit confusing, a post about me saying the thread isn't about me. Think of it this way... without me this is just another boring thread where virtuous people who all think alike endlessly agree with each other about how bad the world is.
0 Replies

snood

Thu 5 Aug, 2021 03:55 pm
@farmerman,
Far too late for him to “lead by example” with a resignation. At this point, if he resigns it’s definitely a last resort to avoid prosecution.
0 Replies

snood

Thu 5 Aug, 2021 03:57 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

I predict he will resign by the weekend.

Nah, I think he’s gonna hang on until a threatened criminal prosecution makes resignation his only option.
0 Replies

VABGirl

Thu 5 Aug, 2021 04:03 pm
Well, to be a bit fair to him, he isnt convicted of anything yet. I wouldnt want to work for him though.
roger

Thu 5 Aug, 2021 04:10 pm
@VABGirl,
I do agree, but sometimes we can't help forming an opinion - and sharing it.
VABGirl

Thu 5 Aug, 2021 04:19 pm
@roger,
You are right of course. Im a conservative i have always said lets see if they are convicted. It should apply to Cuomo too as far as his job goes. I think he is guilty and a sleazy man. Someone in the dem party must really be out to get him.
maxdancona

Thu 5 Aug, 2021 04:25 pm
@VABGirl,
After reading the report, I do think the evidence against Cuomo is damning.

On the other hand, tbe hypocrisy of Democrats who still support Clinton is also damning.
VABGirl

Thu 5 Aug, 2021 04:36 pm
@maxdancona,
In my opinion he is guilty and he will probably be forced to quit. I just hate seeing people lose their jobs before they are convicted of anything. Of course this is a bit different from a private employer firing someone based on allegations. He is a public employee paid by the taxpayers.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Thu 5 Aug, 2021 06:22 pm
Who is Kathy Hochul, Cuomo's potential successor as N.Y. governor?
https://news.yahoo.com/who-is-kathy-hochul-cuomos-potential-successor-as-ny-governor-180817376.html
blatham

Thu 5 Aug, 2021 07:29 pm
@VABGirl,
Quote:
Someone in the dem party must really be out to get him.
Silly conclusion or surmise. That's like presuming that someone at Fox must have been out to get Roger Ailes, Bill O'Reilly, Ed Henry, and Napolitano, etc or that some comedians set out to destroy Louis CK. Over the last decade or so, we've seen many men with power or status being taken to the woodshed because of very real changes in our culture brought on by women's increasing power/influence and the Me Too movement.
VABGirl

Thu 5 Aug, 2021 07:30 pm
@edgarblythe,
Probably just as liberal.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Thu 5 Aug, 2021 08:52 pm
@blatham,
I find it a bit funny that this is a liberal man lecturing a conservative woman on woman's rights. There are many conservative woman who are rightfully upset that liberal men are trying to speak for them.

This is more about politics than it is about gender.

I think VABGirl, as the only woman here, has a valid perspective.
VABGirl

Thu 5 Aug, 2021 09:04 pm
@maxdancona,
Thanks. I just feel uncomfortable with someone losing a job over allegations. He sure isnt someone i would want to work for and it seems likely he has committed crimes. I dont think he can stay in office with virtually his whole party demanding he quit.
maxdancona

Thu 5 Aug, 2021 09:09 pm
@blatham,
I also think lumping all of these cases together in a politically conventient narrative is foolishness. There is a spectrum here.

Bill Cosby and Harvey Weinstein were convicted of rape.

Bill Clinton was credibly accused of rape with lots of women corroborating a patter of sexual harassment ( liberals still hypocritically defend him)

Louis CK asked women if he could pull out his penis. He had no real power over the women involved.

Al Franken's Alleged "victim" said she wasn't offended.

Aziz Ansari had a consensual encounter that he abruptly stopped when the "victim" finally got around to saying "No".

Richard Lebow was nearly fired for mentioning "woman's ligerie" on a public elevator.

There is a huge difference between Bill Clinton and Richard Lebow. Jokes about underwear are not rape.

Somehow this has all been lumped together in a 5 year political outrage binge.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Thu 5 Aug, 2021 10:56 pm
Washington Examiner
Andrew Cuomo's looming exit is bad news for GOP gubernatorial prospects
https://news.yahoo.com/andrew-cuomos-looming-exit-bad-194100902.html
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » CMON MR CUOMO
  3. » Page 2
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/17/2024 at 07:20:51