CMON MR CUOMO

farmerman

Fri 13 Aug, 2021 09:03 pm
@maxdancona,
that all may be (weve gone over this with oralloy veral times). The second amendment, when it talks of "Keeping and bearing arms shall not be infringed"... was NOT talking about pikes, katanas or spears. It was specific to "Firearms"
oralloy

Fri 13 Aug, 2021 10:37 pm
@farmerman,
Wrong. The right to keep and bear arms is not specific to firearms.
0 Replies

oralloy

Fri 13 Aug, 2021 10:38 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:
Thank you, I wasn't sure you understood that guns didn't exist 2,600 years age. Apparently you didn't, but nice try.

You really shouldn't run around falsely accusing your betters of your own ignorance.
Mame

Fri 13 Aug, 2021 10:48 pm
You and Max should go on a date.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Fri 13 Aug, 2021 11:01 pm
@oralloy,
"accusing your betters"????? Delusions of some sort of grandeur, much???
Mame

Fri 13 Aug, 2021 11:36 pm
@glitterbag,
No kidding! The guy has only one train of thought and it's pre-Neanderthalithic. I'm thinking maybe inbred, swamp person, duelling banjos type? I don't know how educated he is, but maybe, maybe, maybe ... grade 6.

Because if he were educated at all, or had an inquiring mind, he'd know there are other ways to argue than simply and repeatedly call all his opponents Stalinists and Progressives. That gets old the third time you see that. And when you see it 300 times, you know the guy has no reasoning or deductive powers.

So... he's the twit.
oralloy

Fri 13 Aug, 2021 11:44 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:
Delusions of some sort of grandeur, much???

No. The delusions are all yours.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Fri 13 Aug, 2021 11:48 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

glitterbag wrote:

Glitterbag is being nasty again. She also seemed to miss (or forget) the classical education people her age should have received.

Virgil's Aenid started "Arma virumque cano... " "I sing of arms and the man". This was over 2000 years ago and part of a passage I had drilled into me and still remember.

Oralloy said "arms"... And arms existed (and were considered important) thousands of years before guns were invented..

This reminds me of an old Wizard of Id cartoon, where a member of the Royal Court approaches the King and advices him that "the peasants are demanding the right to bear arms" to which the king replies "So, rip off their sleeves"

There are several members here who remember the Wizard of Id, I'm not sure Max will know because I doubt he has a sense of humour. However, I've mentioned before that I attended Catholic Schools and this was before Vatican II. I don't expect everyone to remember things like this, but before Vatican II, the Mass was still celebrated in Latin, we studied Latin. We didn't converse in Latin at lunch time, but that's neither here nor there. When you go to an all-girls high school, you cook up all sorts of uses for foreign languages and other things to amuse yourselves and stymie the nuns. We actually had classes in the Convent before the New High School was built...We were not allowed in the cloistered areas, but sometime a few girls would get far enough in to attempt to grease the nuns toilets. (Note: The Convent was located right next to the school and connected by a tunnel).

But I'm sure my education barely stands up compared to the multi-talented Max who must have Liberal Arts, Fine Arts, Science and Engineering degrees up the wazoo. I guess my parents didn't love me as much as Max's parents loved him. Alas
0 Replies

oralloy

Fri 13 Aug, 2021 11:51 pm
@Mame,
Mame wrote:
I'm thinking maybe inbred, swamp person, duelling banjos type?

You rely on childish name-calling because you lack the ability to make intelligent arguments.

Mame wrote:
I don't know how educated he is, but maybe, maybe, maybe ... grade 6.

Are you capable of noticing that you are unable to point out anything untrue in my posts?

I bet you aren't capable of noticing.

Mame wrote:
Because if he were educated at all, or had an inquiring mind, he'd know there are other ways to argue than simply and repeatedly call all his opponents Stalinists and Progressives. That gets old the third time you see that.

It is appropriate to refer to progressives as progressives.

If I were to refer to progressives as conservatives, you would not be smart enough to notice, but it would be quite confusing to most people.

It is also appropriate to condemn Stalinist behavior.

Mame wrote:
And when you see it 300 times, you know the guy has no reasoning or deductive powers.

You shouldn't be trying to draw conclusions. You aren't smart enough to pull it off.

Mame wrote:
So... he's the twit.

You rely on childish name-calling because you lack the ability to make intelligent arguments.
Mame

Sat 14 Aug, 2021 12:12 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

Mame wrote:
So... he's the twit.

This?? From you? Be still my beating heart!
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » CMON MR CUOMO
  3. » Page 8
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/03/2024 at 03:58:27