Trump Supporters in Non-Political Life

gollum

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2021 04:32 pm
Are Trump supporters different from other Americans in non-political life?

Are they more gullible?

More easily cheated?

Followers, not leaders, even in small groups?

Emotionally insecure?

roger

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2021 07:48 pm
@gollum,
Dun'no, gollum, but the ones I've met can be described as "Not always right, but never in doubt".
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Mon 26 Jul, 2021 01:35 am
They’re ignorant and uninformed. Refusing to understand facts and incapable of doing any critical thinking. Sheeple is another word for it.
engineer

Reply Mon 26 Jul, 2021 05:03 am
@Ragman,
Sorry, they are just everyday people from a wide swath of everyday life. Most are hard working folk who spend most of their time working, taking care of the their families and home and who only have time for a brief political soundbite and Trump does a good job grabbing up those soundbites. Some are single issue voters, some are attracted to the show, some just don't support Democrats and would vote for anyone with an R next to their name. You could say something similar about any voting block. There are plenty of college educated folks in the Trump camp, I know PhD's who support Trump (or at least Republicans).
Ragman

Reply Mon 26 Jul, 2021 05:07 am
@engineer,
I stand by my words. Anyone who supports a person who fomented an insurrection as he did, is either incapable of cogent thought or is totally amoral.
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 26 Jul, 2021 05:14 am
@gollum,
gollum wrote:

Are Trump supporters different from other Americans in non-political life?

Are they more gullible?

More easily cheated?

Followers, not leaders, even in small groups?

Emotionally insecure?

Some hit the ball off the tee further than non-Trump supporters...some not as far. Some putt better than non-Trump supporters...some putt worse.

Takes all kinds.

Most take good care of their trailers, though.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Mon 26 Jul, 2021 08:20 am
@Ragman,
Many of them believe the same of you. Everyone thinks their opponents are immoral scum (although I agree that I can't close on a logic for those who support the attack on the Capital.)
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2021 01:37 am
@Ragman,
Ragman wrote:

I stand by my words. Anyone who supports a person who fomented an insurrection as he did, is either incapable of cogent thought or is totally amoral.
He didn't foment an insurrection.
Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2021 02:38 am
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:

Ragman wrote:

He didn't foment an insurrection.

Trump is scum...as are his continuing supporters.

He did foment an insurrection...which, as does almost everything in which he has a hand, FAILED.

If Trump ends up in prison, as he so richly deserves, the prison will be the worst for his presence.
0 Replies